GDT: Game #59 | Stars @ Wild | NBCSN | 7PM CT - 3AM FIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Just got back from the game. Gphr promised a gif party if we won. Browsed this thread. Not disappointed.

Also, Dumba is going to be such a beaut. Going to have to refrain from being upset if he ever gets sent back down but someone mentioned a few pages back, you can tell he has "it".

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Dumba keeps this up and he might find himself up there sooner rather than later. He's right-handed too, which makes his case stronger, he can replace Spurgeon up there.
I said last year "let Dumba be Dumba". I have watched him for 3 years in the WHL and Sutter neutered him in the same way Yeo did last year.
When he was traded to Portland he was allowed to play to his strenghth.
I do commend Yeo for cutting him loose this last call up. He has a physical game as well that we have not seen yet, but it will appear soon enough.

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods
I said last year "let Dumba be Dumba". I have watched him for 3 years in the WHL and Sutter neutered him in the same way Yeo did last year.
I do commend Yeo for cutting him loose this last call up. He has a physical game as well that we have not seen yet, but it will appear soon enough.
He's an absolute lightning rod from the back end. He is strikingly similar to PK Subban. Could easily have 3 or 4 more goals the last 3 games. He's got it!

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Woke up watched the highlights. When the 3rd started, I was still a bit worried.

Now I'm just Dumbafounded.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
He's an absolute lightning rod from the back end. He is strikingly similar to PK Subban. Could easily have 3 or 4 more goals the last 3 games. He's got it!

Godammit, why oh why did we draft him instead of Trouba, Maatta, Ceci, etc.:nod:

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Russo was on Souhan's podcast yesterday. Russo said Dumba's personality is cocky, but in a good way. Nice to see some swag on the blue line. Fun third period and a well played first two periods.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Russo was on Souhan's podcast yesterday. Russo said Dumba's personality is cocky, but in a good way. Nice to see some swag on the blue line. Fun third period and a well played first two periods.

He reminds me so much of young Burns it's ridiculous. I love him.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I so much wanted Trouba at the draft, now I'm feeling good with Dumba too. It's great that he is developing to an electrifying offensive weapon who can hold his own very well.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the main differences between Dumba and Trouba are a few inches and the attitude. I don't mean that Dumba has attitude problems and is going to be a locker room cancer, I mean he has a cocky personality with swagger (like someone mentioned above), whereas Trouba is more reserved about that.

I'm ok with cocky swagger. It works for Scandella, it'll work for Dumba.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There was a lot of D men taken the first round that year. Right now, i like our guy the best. Weapon.

A lot of GOOD d-men too, wow.

Murray, Reinhart, Rielly, Lindholm, Dumba, Trouba, Ceci, Maatta. A lot of guys already making impacts not even two years later.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

i'm sorry...how did Yeo Neuter Dumba? in what way. go ahead, enlighten us. And any of you other people who hate yeo feel free to chime in and help your buddy. this should be spectacular.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 2h2 hours ago
Yeo's gameplan was for #mnwild to invest in game, make Stars retrieve pucks over & over after playing Sat. He felt it paid dividends in 3rd

The first and second period was great hockey by the Wild even though they never scored. It lead to the breakout period in the 3rd. Good job Yeo.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
That was a great game to be at live, especially seeing it's likely the only game I'll get to this year.

Few things:

Us

Granlund + confidence = scary. He was all over the ice tonight, and the ONLY complaint I've got about him is faceoffs

Dumba: I'm beyond impressed. He has that killer instinct for where to be to get shots off. I don't feel like we've had that on this team since... Zidlicky, maybe? If he can continue to round out the rest of his game, he has the potential to be really damn impressive

Folin: Also VERY noticeable out there tonight. Quiet like a D-man should be, but when you noticed him, it was always good. He was making a lot of smart passes.

Parise: Same as always, dude was just flying around all night.

Koivu: Whoever mentioned trimming his minutes to keep him effective seems to be on to something. He was pleasantly noticeable, especially when I've been groaning watching him most of the year.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub: It's all been said. Dude is calm as a cucumber, it's rubbing off on the rest of the team.

Scandella: Hands down the current front-runner for most improved. He's screaming Suter to me, except he's a bit more physical and shoots much better. He's just got that cold, calculated feel to him, never scrambling around. Insanely impressive.

Nino: Showing flashes, but still desperately lacks consistency.

Coyle: If I hadn't heard he was in the lineup, or saw him take some faceoffs, I literally wouldn't have known he played.

Schroeder: Pretty impressed. If he can keep his effort level up where it is right now, I'd be totally fine with him sticking around on the 3rd line. He has decent hands, and with what I had heard/read about him in Vancouver, his hockey sense is certainly not a weakness.

Them

Jamie Benn may be the biggest whiner in the NHL. The guy throws his hands up and complains to the refs more than anyone I've ever seen. It's mind boggling, with his talent, why he feels the need to be such a ******.

Enroth: So glad we didn't trade for him. Sooooooooooo glad. Also, the sieve chants were hilarious, even if I couldn't help but feel bad for the guy.

Does Dallas have defensemen? I feel like they should, but I didn't see them play tonight.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
i'm sorry...how did Yeo Neuter Dumba? in what way. go ahead, enlighten us. And any of you other people who hate yeo feel free to chime in and help your buddy. this should be spectacular.

Yeo, no but this organization should have sent him down sooner. How many games does he have left before he's waiver-wired exempt falls off? Once Spurgeon is back, let Dumba go down to the minors and let him get top pairing minutes.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Just watched the game. Holy **** what a third period. I mean daaaaaamn. What an ass whooping. Feels good, man.

Wild is in playoff spot? Wild is in playoff spot.

cage_bliss.gif

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i was certainly worried going into the 3rd down 1-zip but what a period. i believe they said that was a record # of goals in one period for the wild. we all needed that.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Yeo, no but this organization should have sent him down sooner. How many games does he have left before he's waiver-wired exempt falls off? Once Spurgeon is back, let Dumba go down to the minors and let him get top pairing minutes.

except i think that's the exact opposite explanation Blizzard would have. :laugh: I see your point, and I'd almost agree with you but for the playoff push we're making. Finishing the season with top pairing minutes in Iowa IMO is going to be less of learning experience than making this hard push with fewer minutes. The mental side of the game is where Dumba needs work, and this will (and looks like it has already) improve that faster.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 2h2 hours ago
Yeo's gameplan was for #mnwild to invest in game, make Stars retrieve pucks over & over after playing Sat. He felt it paid dividends in 3rd

The first and second period was great hockey by the Wild even though they never scored. It lead to the breakout period in the 3rd. Good job Yeo.

Came hear to quote this. That's why those posters saying that the first 2 periods had nothing to do with opening things up have obviously never stepped foot on the ice in a competitive game. We didn't break through until the 3rd but our body of work before the 3rd wore them down enough that we had an extra half-step on them in the 3rd which made all the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad