Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
:stars (27-23-9) at :wild (30-21-7)

TV: NBCSN

Season series: The Minnesota Wild won the first three of their four games against the Dallas Stars, 4-1 at Xcel Energy Center on Nov. 1 and 5-4 and 2-1 in Dallas later in the month, before the Stars won 7-1 on Jan. 3 at American Airlines Center. Minnesota's Zach Parise has six points to lead all scorers. Dallas forward Vernon Fiddler has three goals and an assist against the Wild.

Stars team scope: Dallas will be playing the second half of a back-to-back set after twice failing to hold two-goal leads in the third period of what became a 7-6 home loss to the Detroit Red Wings in overtime on Saturday. Three second-period goals in a span of three minutes late in the second period gave the Stars a two-goal lead, and after Detroit tied the game with two goals less than two minutes into the final period, Dallas scored twice to take a 6-4 lead. But the Red Wings rallied to force overtime and won the game 36 seconds into the extra period. Goaltender Kari Lehtonen allowed all seven goals on 36 shots, meaning Dallas is likely to start Jhonas Enroth. If Enroth does get the start, it will be his second since begin acquired from the Buffalo Sabres on Feb. 11. He allowed four goals in a 4-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche on Feb. 14.

Wild team scope: Minnesota did not practice Saturday after returning home from a 2-1-0 trip to Western Canada. The Wild received a scare early in a 4-0 win at the Edmonton Oilers on Friday when defenseman Marco Scandella left the game with a leg injury. Scandella missed the remainder of the first period and was not on the bench to start the second, but rejoined his teammates during the first stoppage. Scandella had a cut on his ankle and should be fine moving forward. It was good news for a Wild defensive core that was already without Jared Spurgeon, who was hit in the face by a puck against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday. Spurgeon is day-to-day with an upper-body injury and his status for Sunday is unknown. Goaltender Devan Dubnyk has is expected to start his 17th consecutive game since being acquired from the Arizona Coyotes last month. He is 12-2-1 with Minnesota, and the victory against the Oilers was his fifth shutout since coming to the Wild.

Lineup: (might be updated to actual lines later on)

Parise-Dubnyk-Niederreiter
Dubnyk-Koivu-Suter
Schroeder-Dubnyk-Suter
Dubnyk-Suter-Fontaine

Suter-Dubnyk
Dubnyk-Suter
Scandella-Sutnyk

Duber
Fernandez

Not to tell you guys that this is a big game or anything, but this is a big game.
Standings:
Bpl9uZk.jpg

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Let me guess...we'll get Daryl Reaugh on the broadcast :rolleyes: (not that I mind him a ton, but we always tend to get the opposition announcers in one way or another).

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Am I reading the standings right? We'll be in a playoff spot if we won tonight?

Yep. Control our own destiny at this point. Calgary also has a brutal East coast trip coming up and San Jose doesn't play till Thursday. We could be 3 points up on them with still a game in hand by the next time they play. This GDT needs a "It's happening" gif.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yep. Control our own destiny at this point. Calgary also has a brutal East coast trip coming up and San Jose doesn't play till Thursday. We could be 3 points up on them with still a game in hand by the next time they play. This GDT needs a "It's happening" gif.
Gif party after the game, if we win, for sure :laugh:

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Let me guess...we'll get Daryl Reaugh on the broadcast :rolleyes: (not that I mind him a ton, but we always tend to get the opposition announcers in one way or another).

Nope, we're just gonna get the Blackhawks announcers and the CSN feed.:sarcasm:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Going again tonight. Second night of a back-to-back for Dallas, so expecting a win.

So glad Sutnyk is on the third pairing tonight.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The Stars actually haven't been as hapless as I thought they would be without Seguin.

That said, I'm expecting a multiple goal victory tonight.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Read the Effing Blog :)

A russo twitter follower started it a while back...and now he made a twitter account called RTFB and tweets at people who ask Russo questions to RTFB so Russo doesn't have to do it himself..it's pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad