Post-Game Talk: GAME 58 - Someone roars, "LINUS SCORES", at the good ol' Hockey Game.- BRUINS 3 Vancouver 1

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Still cant get over how cool that goal was.

And Razor said it best . Its every goalies dream. He said Sway will really be trying like crazy to match.
The pure joy on Razor’s face was everything. I am so glad he’s back in Boston covering the team. Gotta think Tuukka and Timmy were smiling and letting a few woo’s out wherever they are.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Still cant get over how cool that goal was.

And Razor said it best . Its every goalies dream. He said Sway will really be trying like crazy to match.
It was so cool. I screamed out loud. It was a louder scream than usual. My cats gave me a "why?" look.

Linus seems like a great guy. I love how happy Sway and the guys were for him.

How can you not love this? Talk about a feel-good moment.

I thought Nosek looked great for his first game back. He did very well with face offs.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

VANCOUVER — Less than 24 hours after sharing introductory handshakes with their new teammates, and without an opportunity to practice with them, new Bruins Garnet Hathaway and Dmitry Orlov pulled on freshly minted Black-and-Gold sweaters and played in the 3-1 win over the Canucks on Saturday night at Rogers Arena.

“It was awesome,” Hathaway said. “Obviously (Orlov) and I traveled a lot. I think we learned a couple of things about the system, parts of it, and just tried to go with the flow a little bit, just play, not think, and we have some time now to go over video and fine-tune some details. Each guy has our backs in here and it’s pretty easy to feel comfortable.”

“It was fun and good that we got the win, you know, two points,” said Orlov. “And I’ve never seen before a goalie score [Linus Ullmark iced the win in the final minute], so that was pretty amazing.”

“The way we look at it right now, there’s going to be a rotation going on,” said Bruins coach Jim Montgomery, explaining why he opted to sit out Clifton. “I don’t see [Charlie] McAvoy or [Hampus] Lindholm being part of that equation, but … we [have to] keep everybody game-ready and in game shape.”

Montgomery, though not committing to it, sounded as if he’ll re-insert Clifton into Monday night’s lineup in Edmonton, with Matt Grzelcyk the likeliest to sit against the Oilers. Both Brandon Carlo and Forbort could be in the rotation, given Orlov’s ability to play both on the left and right.

“It’s a group that knows what they need to do — they are fully committed,” said Hathaway. “They are playing for each guy in that room, and it’s nice to come in and be a part of it and feel welcome already.”

Orlov said he had a sense, based on what Capitals management told him earlier in the week, that he could be dealt, adding that he was apprised of the Bruins’ interest in acquiring him.

“We’re here, and obviously it’s been crazy,” he said with a big smile. “Now it’s just get ready for the game.”

Asked what he would like his role to be with his new team, Orlov added, “Win some games and enjoy … you know, that’s what it’s all about.”

Clifton, noted Montgomery, was understandably disappointed to be the odd man out.

“It’s hard to scratch a guy who’s done so well for you,” said Montgomery. “And he’s played every game, too … so that was hard.”

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
In a Royal proclamation from the palace, Court Jester Gary Bettman has announced that King Henrik has stepped down from the throne and has handed his crown to His Majesty King Linus the First. His stated goal, last night's not withstanding, is to defend his crease from all enemies from abroad and restore his land and it's people to it's rightful place as keeper of the Stanley Cup. Sir Sway has been appointed the title Prince of Vezina and will stand with King Linus in his quest for the Holy Grail. There are many roads yet to travel, many battles still to be won. But with sweat and perseverance are finest hours are ahead of us yet. A ceremony and parade has been planned for June. LONG LIVE THE KING!

View attachment 657259
Did you just make this up...?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Oh man I got all my kids down to sleep and turned it back on with 3mins to just in time to see Ullmarks goal! Amazing! What an amazing season we are watching! Let’s go get that cup! Let’s goooooooo!!!!!

No that I have calmed down….. haha.

Maybe something like this for the d pairs.

Orlov-Carlo
- Great shut down D pair. Carlo played great entering the league with Chara. This could be a similar type pairing.

Gryz-McAvoy
- Don’t have to say much about these two. They play great together

Lindholm-Clifton
- They played really well together earlier in the year. Would love to see them back together

One thing is certain when all D-Men are healthy come PO no way Forbort should be in the lineup. Every single team Boston will meet have skilled forwards up front. In no
universe is Forbort deserving of playing over Gryz or Clifton. As far as pairs go its
Clifton & Gryz on 3rd pair.

Reactions: MerlotLineFan

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I was on Facebook the other day and the “Top 10 plays in Patriots History” video started playing.

They showed Randy Moss making his famous touchdown catch against the Giants in the 2007 regular season finale.

You can imagine where my mind wend next.

Anyway, enjoy your Sunday.

Reactions: BMC

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
This season needs to end with a Cup so bad
The pressure builds with each passing day.

1677427166243.jpeg

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I may not have been clear - the part that surprised me wasn't who WAS in the "not included" list, but who was not - Carlo, for example.

Oh, got it. Yeah, was a bit surprising to see Carlo mentioned there, but I guess this is the time to see how the D pairs work in different configurations.

westmass

Oct 6, 2017
I'm assuming Orlov isn't part of the rotation, right?
After the Orlov trade I went on the Capitols forum. Interestingly, Bruins fans are visualizing the prime of his career Orlov.

According to the fan base Orlov is not the player he use to be. We shall see. Being a veteran he will be most likely good in the playoffs, a stud, probably not.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah definitely agree,and maybe it makes me a bad guy ,but would be a big disappointment if it doesn’t to me .

We'll need to see why. Rash of injuries at the wrong time? I would be pissed at the timing but that scenario wouldn't render RS meaningless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad