Post-Game Talk: GAME 58 - Someone roars, "LINUS SCORES", at the good ol' Hockey Game.- BRUINS 3 Vancouver 1

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
After the Orlov trade I went on the Capitols forum. Interestingly, Bruins fans are visualizing the prime of his career Orlov.

According to the fan base Orlov is not the player he use to be. We shall see. Being a veteran he will be most likely good in the playoffs, a stud, probably not.

All that matters is Orlov pushes Gryz to 3rd pair LD based solely on him being better.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1677431399176.png

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
team had to vote on that and u have to consider Craig Smith as well

Actually, the league has rules:

The official rule is that for a player to have their name engraved on the Stanley Cup, they must have played at least half the regular season (41 games) or one game in the Stanley Cup Finals for the Cup-winning team.

So no, Kinkaid is ineligible. Though the Bruins did petition to get Savard's name on it in 2011, and the league granted the petition.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
After the Orlov trade I went on the Capitols forum. Interestingly, Bruins fans are visualizing the prime of his career Orlov.

According to the fan base Orlov is not the player he use to be. We shall see. Being a veteran he will be most likely good in the playoffs, a stud, probably not.
I believe he was the Caps #2? Maybe I’m wrong. But here in Boston he will be a #3 or 4 dman at best.

Reactions: Gordoff

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Oh yeah......

*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and yelling LINUS GOT A GOALIE GOAL*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

*David Coyle was so pumped after Linus' goal he didn't get to sleep until after 1AM* 🥱

I'm definitely on the Orlov train- I thought it was very impressive that he played on his off side for the first time in quite some time while also playing in his first game with a new team. He played well too and once he gets a couple of practices in he'll be even better.

Hathaway was quiet though I did like that he tried to intervene when a Canuck went for Nick Foligno. The jury is still very much out on him though, he's been such an asshole especially against the Bruins.

The real story though was Linus Ullmark. Not just for that absolutely awesome goal but his equally awesome performance in goal. What a season he's having plus he's just a great guy to cheer for.

It's a privilege to cheer for this team. They are having a historic season and just when you think it can't get any better, it does!!!!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Since I didn't see Orlov in the injury thread I assume it was his skate that broke and not his foot after he was helped off the ice at the end of the game

Reactions: Lordstanley and BMC

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
B's on pace for 63 wins and taking the Canadiens out of the record books both 63 wins/134 points will be NHL Records;

Ullmark's G only made # 3 on SC Top 10 plays of the night.... # 1 WAS THE ASU buzzer beater from half court to upset Arizona

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
Shouldn’t Ullmark’s +/- be the B’s goal differential while he is on the ice, so B’s +/- for his games minus empty net goals?
Maybe because 1 B's goal was on the PP so no + for that. Personally, I'd like to see our goalies score more goals with all the PP time they get.

+/- is strange mysterious beast to say the least.

Also, Welcome to the madhouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

VANCOUVER — Less than 24 hours after sharing introductory handshakes with their new teammates, and without an opportunity to practice with them, new Bruins Garnet Hathaway and Dmitry Orlov pulled on freshly minted Black-and-Gold sweaters and played in the 3-1 win over the Canucks on Saturday night at Rogers Arena.

“It was awesome,” Hathaway said. “Obviously (Orlov) and I traveled a lot. I think we learned a couple of things about the system, parts of it, and just tried to go with the flow a little bit, just play, not think, and we have some time now to go over video and fine-tune some details. Each guy has our backs in here and it’s pretty easy to feel comfortable.”

“It was fun and good that we got the win, you know, two points,” said Orlov. “And I’ve never seen before a goalie score [Linus Ullmark iced the win in the final minute], so that was pretty amazing.”

“The way we look at it right now, there’s going to be a rotation going on,” said Bruins coach Jim Montgomery, explaining why he opted to sit out Clifton. “I don’t see [Charlie] McAvoy or [Hampus] Lindholm being part of that equation, but … we [have to] keep everybody game-ready and in game shape.”

Montgomery, though not committing to it, sounded as if he’ll re-insert Clifton into Monday night’s lineup in Edmonton, with Matt Grzelcyk the likeliest to sit against the Oilers. Both Brandon Carlo and Forbort could be in the rotation, given Orlov’s ability to play both on the left and right.

“It’s a group that knows what they need to do — they are fully committed,” said Hathaway. “They are playing for each guy in that room, and it’s nice to come in and be a part of it and feel welcome already.”

Orlov said he had a sense, based on what Capitals management told him earlier in the week, that he could be dealt, adding that he was apprised of the Bruins’ interest in acquiring him.

“We’re here, and obviously it’s been crazy,” he said with a big smile. “Now it’s just get ready for the game.”

Asked what he would like his role to be with his new team, Orlov added, “Win some games and enjoy … you know, that’s what it’s all about.”

Clifton, noted Montgomery, was understandably disappointed to be the odd man out.

“It’s hard to scratch a guy who’s done so well for you,” said Montgomery. “And he’s played every game, too … so that was hard.”

And THATS why this team is so special. Everyone knows what the goal is. Everyone is on board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad