GDT: Game 58: Coyotes @ Canadiens - 5:00pm (AZ) - FSA+ - Will The Real Coyotes PLEASE Stand Up?? Edition

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
And now I just saw the two MONTREAL goals. What do we expect? Our coach and captain think were great and don’t need to change a thing. Our GM seems to agree because he hasn’t said shit and hasn’t done shit. His inaction speaks volumes. They’re getting what they deserve for complacency.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Hopefully this one lights a fire under their asses

Finally showed some balls after those first 2 minutes of f***ing loser OEL and Tocchet style complacency.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
57 minutes of game time ago, I was ready to join the toaster patrol.

Hopefully, this is that spark that gets us going. This has to carry over into the first tomorrow.

I do think that there is a factor marked "Fragility Rating" that our staff uses for goaltenders. I think both of ours are at 99 in the video game level.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So rt apparently Minny might not think they have a chance this year either as the selling starts.

rt

May 13, 2004
Good blood and guts, playoff style second. Goligoski was good defensively. I forgive him.

Clayton Keller would be so nasty good if he wasn’t such a f***ing p***y. Pooosaayyy. Guy acts like no-looks in the middle of the ice are high skill plays, instead of a paralyzing fear of going anywhere near the corner. If he would just take the f***ing puck to the f***ing corner once in a f***ing while, he’d have 10 more assists this season.

Reactions: moosemeister

rt

May 13, 2004
Every single time Taylor Hall is interviewed, I wish he was captain and OEL was gone. I want to sneak into the playoffs and steal a round more so to sign Hall than for any other reason. I don’t have faith in this team but I want Hall re-signed in a bait-and-switch style maneuver. Lock him up and then make changes elsewhere as necessary.

Too bad I don’t believe it will actually happen.

Reactions: AJ171181

rt

May 13, 2004
Hall is the best player we’ve had in 20 years. He’s the best passer we’ve ever had (all the way back to 1996) but I HATE it when he passes. None of his teammates are even half as good as he is. Just shoot Taylor. Our entire game plan should be get the puck to Hall at all costs. That’s it.

Reactions: zz and Murf

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Good blood and guts, playoff style second. Goligoski was good defensively. I forgive him.

Clayton Keller would be so nasty good if he wasn’t such a ****ing *****. Pooosaayyy. Guy acts like no-looks in the middle of the ice are high skill plays, instead of a paralyzing fear of going anywhere near the corner. If he would just take the ****ing puck to the ****ing corner once in a ****ing while, he’d have 10 more assists this season.

I laughed way too god damn hard at this post

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Just finished watching the replay. The first two minutes were holy crap bad..... after that we really played well.

Think Raanta is still dealing with whatever injuy he has had in recent weeks. But he locked it down when he had to.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

May 13, 2004
I laughed way too god damn hard at this post
Keller gains the zone with speed, the defender pushes him to the outside, because you KNOW his ass ain’t going to the middle of the ice and toward the net, but as the D is pushing him to the corner, rather than maintaining possession and establishing the forecheck, he just no-look flings to the puck out to the front of the net.

Now Clayton want you to be wowed by his skill here. He wants you to believe he expects a trailing teammate, who’s driving hard to the net, we finish that chance with authority and Keller will have another highlight reel play.

Only problem is that teammate is NEVER f***ing there. And Keller wouldn’t know because he’s too scared to look. And it wouldn’t matter anyway because it’s not a skill move, it’s a panic move. He so f***ing scared of going I’m into the corner with that D, so scared of going behind the net and maintaining possession, so afraid of 50/50, that he’d rather just toss the puck wildly away before the D has a chance to make contact with him.

I want everyone on this forum to watch him very carefully the next time he gains the zone with possession and speed. Watch what he does.

Reactions: AZviaNJ and zz

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Clayton Keller would be so nasty good if he wasn’t such a ****ing *****. Pooosaayyy. Guy acts like no-looks in the middle of the ice are high skill plays, instead of a paralyzing fear of going anywhere near the corner. If he would just take the ****ing puck to the ****ing corner once in a ****ing while, he’d have 10 more assists this season.
Like so many posters on this board, you post after almost every shift, and your view changes of players with each post.:) Watch the whole game then decide who played well and who didn't. You are going to give yourself a heart attack.

Reactions: cobra427

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Chych made up for his missed coverage on the earlier goal.

I didn't mean to say he didn't make mistakes. But the guy CARES. You can tell he hates losing. He shows passion, works his ass off, some toughness, and there's something about his demeanor that says 'leader'.

On a different note - watching an actual star play for this team for 4 months is bitter sweet. Hall makes me want to watch games. He's so skilled, so much better than anyone ever putting on a Coyote jersey, I've waited 22 years for such a player to come here. But losing him this summer is going to hurt. Bad. I can't go back to eating crap and trying to convince myself it's caviar.

Last edited:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Keller gains the zone with speed, the defender pushes him to the outside, because you KNOW his ass ain’t going to the middle of the ice and toward the net, but as the D is pushing him to the corner, rather than maintaining possession and establishing the forecheck, he just no-look flings to the puck out to the front of the net.

Now Clayton want you to be wowed by his skill here. He wants you to believe he expects a trailing teammate, who’s driving hard to the net, we finish that chance with authority and Keller will have another highlight reel play.

Only problem is that teammate is NEVER ****ing there. And Keller wouldn’t know because he’s too scared to look. And it wouldn’t matter anyway because it’s not a skill move, it’s a panic move. He so ****ing scared of going I’m into the corner with that D, so scared of going behind the net and maintaining possession, so afraid of 50/50, that he’d rather just toss the puck wildly away before the D has a chance to make contact with him.

I want everyone on this forum to watch him very carefully the next time he gains the zone with possession and speed. Watch what he does.
Spot on!! He's every bit as predictable as Boedker was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad