GDT: Game 58: Coyotes @ Canadiens - 5:00pm (AZ) - FSA+ - Will The Real Coyotes PLEASE Stand Up?? Edition

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Domi hat trick incoming, simply because recently karma has taken to kicking my shins with a steel-toed boot, and I think it's planning to deliver the coup de grace by turning this thread into another seventeen pages of caterwauling about the trade. :sarcasm:

Reactions: _Del_

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Well, I'd like to see a string of wins from the Yotes starting tonight so I don't have to worry about them pissing away a potential playoff season... but we will see.

Just win tonight, PLEASE! So sick of the current horrible stretch of losses with a win scattered in just to not have it be a super long streak.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Calgary (an actual playoff team) is desperate for a D with Giordano our for the year. Can we do Goligoski for Bennett? Have a guy who’s actually fearless and violent? A f***ing murderlizer.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Domi hat trick incoming, simply because recently karma has taken to kicking my shins with a steel-toed boot, and I think it's planning to deliver the coup de grace by turning this thread into another seventeen pages of caterwauling about the trade. :sarcasm:
I'm sharpening my pitchfork just for you!

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yotes need to win 2 games for every one they lose to make it. Back to back losses will put the playoffs out of reach.

Montreal has the same points % but they are already effectively eliminated.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Kuemper and OEL got through the morning skate without any problems. Both are still game time decisions but it’s looking promising.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Calgary (an actual playoff team) is desperate for a D with Giordano our for the year. Can we do Goligoski for Bennett? Have a guy who’s actually fearless and violent? A ****ing murderlizer.
Thought they said good news and he was week to week?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You guys are too paranoid, you are signaling a win tonight:)
I'm with you....
2020: Final WC pace 92pts
2019: Final WC spot 90pts
2018: Final WC spot 98pts

Should we say 94 points is the likely minimum to qualify for the Coyotes to sneak in?

We have 25 games to go and we need 33pts. That's 108 point pace over 82 games. For 25 games, we need to play like we're a 108 point team.

The problem is that we're on pace for 88pts. So we suddenly need to reach down deep and summon up an improvement in our play that is the equivalent of a 20 point swing from one season to the next.

What's worse is that over the last 25 games we've been the 3rd worst team in the NHL. We have earned fewer possible points per game than any team other than Detroit and Los Angeles. 68pt pace.

So we're on pace for 88pts on the season. We've had 68pts pace over the last 25gp. We need 108pt pace over the final 25gp to 94pts on the season.

This isn't paranoia. It's analysis. Run the numbers. They aren't good.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
2020: Final WC pace 92pts
2019: Final WC spot 90pts
2018: Final WC spot 98pts

Should we say 94 points is the likely minimum to qualify for the Coyotes to sneak in?

We have 25 games to go and we need 33pts. That's 108 point pace over 82 games. For 25 games, we need to play like we're a 108 point team.

The problem is that we're on pace for 88pts. So we suddenly need to reach down deep and summon up an improvement in our play that is the equivalent of a 20 point swing from one season to the next.

What's worse is that over the last 25 games we've been the 3rd worst team in the NHL. We have earned fewer possible points per game than any team other than Detroit and Los Angeles. 68pt pace.

So we're on pace for 88pts on the season. We've had 68pts pace over the last 25gp. We need 108pt pace over the final 25gp to 94pts on the season.

This isn't paranoia. It's analysis. Run the numbers. They aren't good.
This is the definition of being paranoid. We have to play well to get into the playoffs, and play better than we have recently, no surprise there. Figuring out the pace we need for the next 25 games versus the last 25 versus 25 last year or next year isn't relevant. We need to play well and get points in our next game, thats all we need to worry about today.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Yeah Kessel hasn’t been great but can we now admit that Domi’s play last year was a fluke? He’ll always be a career 50 point guy.
Five goals at home this season and none in the last twelve games. He's made a lot of mistakes this season according to their boards and many want to see him traded. They can have the little prick.
Now that I've said that he'll get a hatty tonight and probably beat up Garland.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I guess we’ll know if we’re buyers or sellers at the end of this road trip. I’ve lost all care anyway, but being a seller is natural for this team.

Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I guess we’ll know if we’re buyers or sellers at the end of this road trip. I’ve lost all care anyway, but being a seller is natural for this team.
We won't be sellers, there is no way Chayka is throwing in the towel. We are more likely to be buyers if an RHD is available at a decent price.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
We won't be sellers, there is no way Chayka is throwing in the towel. We are more likely to be buyers if an RHD is available at a decent price.

Yeah, at this point he's gotta start looking at selling. The kind of run we'd have to go on to get back into a playoff picture makes last year's run by the Blues look like a minor winning streak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->