GDT: Game 58 | Columbus vs Tampa Bay | 2/18 7:30 PM

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I am coming up with a CR of 100.1%. This game is overly critical. If we don't win this one, I suspect we will sale a 'For Sale' sign out front of Nationwide Arena

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
This is normally the type of game in which the CBJ take a steaming dump at center ice. 4-1 Bolts.

If we pull this out, Jarmo is definitely going to get the “all in” itch

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The game of the year. No points and we're tied with three teams for the last spot with a single game in hand and Carolina a point back. A win and we jump over Washington.

Hopefully we're ready or this could turn ugly fast.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
If you look long term, this game doesnt need to be won. It's certainly not one we should win. But if you're using it as a "where we are vs the best" then I suppose. Too short term for me though, not expecting a win.

Reactions: Madifer

CBJMiddleGround

Jan 8, 2019
There has to be a point when the CBJ realize something within their organization, whether that is jarmo or a disconnect between the players and coaches and always seems to happen at this time of year?

CBJMiddleGround

Jan 8, 2019
You don't need a win tonight, but for the team to keep their mojo they need at bare minimum a point or they'll plummet down

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Its interesting how Bobs psyche works apparently. Self fulfilling prophecy of choking.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Man, if Korpi in net, doesn't tell you all you need to know about how the front office views Bobs psyche, I don't know what to tell you. Usually when the best team in the league comes into your barn, and you view this as a measuring stick game, you play your #1 goalie. Guess they don't want to damage his trade value. I would probably sit him until hes traded at this point. I do have to give Bob props. I feel the Chicaga game was the first game all year, where he stole the game. Good luck with your new team Bob.

Reactions: Madifer

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Shocked that we wouldn’t go Bob tonight and Korp tomorrow but whatever. Seems to be a white flag type of game tonight.

We will still retain our current playoff position regardless of tonight’s outcome.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Jeez y’all need to cool it with the Bob “psyche” shtick. We’re playing a back-to-back. Bob typically goes in the second game. Nothing to see here, move along.
2 days rest isn't enough ? We all know why hes not playing tonight. They can certainly frame it as such, but if you view yourself as a cup contender, you play your best, to see how you stack up.

Reactions: EspenK and Madifer

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
This is normally the type of game in which the CBJ take a steaming dump at center ice. 4-1 Bolts.

If we pull this out, Jarmo is definitely going to get the “all in” itch
I don't think Jarmo is taking this game by game. Jarmo has a plan (right or wrong) and whether we are sellers or buyers at the TDL is written in soft stone.

What happens tonight doesn't...and shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not Bread and Bobs are CBJers after the TDL. If it does, then Jarmo needs to be fired.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Man, if Korpi in net, doesn't tell you all you need to know about how the front office views Bobs psyche, I don't know what to tell you. Usually when the best team in the league comes into your barn, and you view this as a measuring stick game, you play your #1 goalie. Guess they don't want to damage his trade value. I would probably sit him until hes traded at this point. I do have to give Bob props. I feel the Chicaga game was the first game all year, where he stole the game. Good luck with your new team Bob.
I don't think any NHL GM would change their opinion of Sergei Bobrovsky's trade value based on one February game against the Lightning.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I would argue that tomorrow's game is more important, hence starting Bob then. Montreal has lost 4 in a row and is suddenly a bubble team with the rest of us. Put Bob in, give yourself a better chance to win against the lesser opponent.

Roll the dice with Korpi tonight, he has played strong at surprising moments before. Either way you look at it, Tampa has only lost 11 games in regulation all year, so anything you get tonight is probably a bonus.

All that said, 6-0 Bolts. :help:

Prove me wrong guys! We're on national TV tonight.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL

Could also simply be that tonight’s a 2-point game (and probably a loss no matter who’s in net) and tomorrow’s a 4-point game (that we have better odds of winning with Bob).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad