GDT: Game 58: Columbus at New York Rangers 2/22 7:30PM EST | FSO

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
There's something amiss here. "We want him to be better." is a satisfactory answer. "I'm not going to get into it with you guys." means there's something about this that I don't want to to tell you. Deflecting. Like maybe Wiz did or said something that didn't sit well with TR or the org. Maybe in Montreal. I don't know anything obviously and could be way off base as usual, but something about the second part of that quote...

Maybe; or he could simply have realized that he was treading in waters he didn't want to and bailed. I've done it myself - realizing what I'm saying and just stopped the conversation cold.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I like what he said about Dano, but the first sentence turned me off, I'm not entertaining articles that say the season is over with 24 games to go

"If the Blue Jackets weren't already out of the playoff race, last night's loss to the Rangers may have been the final nail in the coffin."

"...may have been..."

Of course, and perhaps not.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
"If the Blue Jackets weren't already out of the playoff race, last night's loss to the Rangers may have been the final nail in the coffin."

"...may have been..."

Of course, and perhaps not.

Yes but I don't like media, even a blogger, going for the easy shot at us. Everybody loves kicking someone when they are down. Next up, the team is moving to Seattle or Vegas...

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Yes but I don't like media, even a blogger, going for the easy shot at us. Everybody loves kicking someone when they are down. Next up, the team is moving to Seattle or Vegas...

Basically every media outlet/blog site has said the team isn't making the playoffs....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Basically every media outlet/blog site has said the team isn't making the playoffs....

Didn't you read what he said, he doesn't want to look at stats, odds, projections, logic..etc.. He's looking at the 24 games left and the 11 points back :sarcasm:

Just messing ca.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Didn't you read what he said, he doesn't want to look at stats, odds, projections, logic..etc.. He's looking at the 24 games left and the 11 points back :sarcasm:

Just messing ca.

I know you're joking, but you're kinda right, hockey games aren't won in some ******** laptop, they are won on the ice, it's a tall task, but why not these guys? We are fresh and it's really showing in the third periods.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Actually "the players" don't decide unless you are including the opposing players in each game.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I know you're joking, but you're kinda right, hockey games aren't won in some ******** laptop, they are won on the ice, it's a tall task, but why not these guys? We are fresh and it's really showing in the third periods.

So long as go .500 while "looking good" (or whatever) in the 3rd periods...

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
So long as go .500 while "looking good" (or whatever) in the 3rd periods...

well i feel bad for you, not having a meaningful hockey game for the next 8 months is depressing....I'll choose to stay positive and support the team until they are mathematically eliminated

thebus2288*

Again, we'll see what all you guys have to say if or when we get within a few games (4-5 pts).

"DEEP down I knew it all along"

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The odds of the CBJ making the playoffs before the Montreal and NYR games were between slim and none.

Slim just left town. Too many teams to pass, too many points to make up, too few games to play, not enough consistency demonstrated.

FWIW:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

0.7% chance given. 1 in 130.

I'm not a big fan of this site, but still.........

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
very few of us are saying there's NO CHANCE...just that too much has to happen for it to work...if they do, awesome...I'll be at the games...I'm still going to an away game with the jacket backers, not like I've said "F this team, I'm done, I'm selling all my tickets"...in fact, we added more tickets...this team for all its issues has been fun to watch this year.

just sucks that November happened...

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
well i feel bad for you, not having a meaningful hockey game for the next 8 months is depressing....I'll choose to stay positive and support the team until they are mathematically eliminated

Believe what ever you like, we are done. We would have to have one of the greatest stretches in NHL history to make the playoffs. Has this season's team shown you that it is capable of something like that?

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
The odds of the CBJ making the playoffs before the Montreal and NYR games were between slim and none.

Slim just left town. Too many teams to pass, too many points to make up, too few games to play, not enough consistency demonstrated.

FWIW:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

0.7% chance given. 1 in 130.

I'm not a big fan of this site, but still.........

So, you're saying there's a chance...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad