GDT: Game 58 - CBJ at BUF - 13 Feb, 7pm

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
CBJ are the worst team in the NHL in OT, to the point it could cost us the playoffs yet no one mentions this... The media ignore it, the fans ignore it? Why?

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Honestly, I'd prefer just to ride it out and not blow draft picks with all the injuries. Use some forwards to acquire more picks/players in the summer and add Foudy and a potential top 15 pick in a supposedly deep draft to the roster next year. Jarmo isn't going to be able to overhaul the forwards at the trade deadline. it will have to be in the offseason.

This. There’s really just not much out there to do at the moment. We can’t afford a D for F trade now with the Murray/Kukan/Jones injuries. We shouldn’t trade picks/prospects (and have limited numbers anyway). So how are we going to enhance F now?

Honestly, I would LOVE to make the playoffs this year, but I’m really glad we’re at least making it interesting, even if we don’t get there. And even if we do get there, this team probably isn’t a Cup contender (unlike last year’s roster). Given our injuries and general roster make-up, we should just let this ride I think. But I feel really good about our situation in the offseason, with the assets we have and cap space. I really think it’ll just take a re-tooling, not even a rebuild, to get us in contention.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
CBJ are the worst team in the NHL in OT, to the point it could cost us the playoffs yet no one mentions this... The media ignore it, the fans ignore it? Why?

Because the jackets are 7-11 in OT/SO games. Which isn’t even close to the worst OT record in the league.

Boston is 4-12. Minnesota 2-7. Florida 2-6. Ottawa 4-11. Etc..

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I mean if a 19 year old from CHL is better than some of our roster players, that’s a sign for some changes in personnel.

PS: the fact that our GDTs are now 15 page long from 6 pages is a positive development

Reactions: Martin Sloan

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I mean if a 19 year old from CHL is better than some of our roster players, that’s a sign for some changes in personnel.

PS: the fact that our GDTs are now 15 page long from 6 pages is a positive development
That 19yo is out best prospect and a former 1st rounder where as some of the other guys are 3rd and 4th liners when we are healthy or half the monsters we are being forced to play. You cant really make personnel changes without personnel. Trading for anyone right now would be GMJKs worst move in his career because returning players will end up feeling like a new players entering the battle. Like a few years back Bjorkstrand after the TDL JK said was our best move and it was internal. If we can get back a few of the guys gone our team can hit a run.much like the one we are on now again.

This might be just like the season years.bqck where we had like 450 to 500 games missed and we.could have been in the mcdavid range.but won like our last 13 of something stupid and finished getting Z whi ch aint bad but we are fighters always have been always.will be.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Foudy has played 2 games. He has looked good in both games, but it is still only 2 games. Let's not jump the gun on this just yet. Kiv has been totally serviceable as a back up. People dogging him really need to check themselves. He has played 3 games and out of a possible 6 points, they got 4. That is what you need from a backup. 50% or a little better. They still got a point in this game. They have 28 losses overall, and got 11 points out of them. If they had only managed 6, they would be just above the Rangers. If they make the playoffs by a point or two, no one will complain about all the points off losses. They made a nice run, they are still in good shape, and prospects have gotten valuable playing time at this level this year so Columbus has a gauge on what they have in the minors. Why you would make a move at the deadline to help this year makes no sense, unless it is for next year and beyond. This season had low expectations coming in, started off bad, but is now a decent year given the circumstances. They have been crushed by injuries and still made a bold move to get in contention. This offseason will be big, there definitely needs to be some turnover, hopefully the get it done.

Last edited:

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
To me OT hockey is more about individual talent, more open ice. We seemed to be pretty succesful in past years with more skilled players.
We're winning because of a system and buying into that system. That is working very well in 5 on 5 hockey, but you get to OT an goaltending helps but offensive skills become much more important.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Not good timing, but still, those stats, we've been good...gotta hold it together with so many players out. ..

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
When your best offensive player is prone to disappear for stretches, you’ve got issues.
Starting to worry PLD has Rick Nash syndrome , can be great on the days he shows up, and invisible on other nights . Of course with Nash , I can see why , he was stuck in suck for so long , and that affects morale . Pld is way too good to be mailing it in for long stretches .

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
PLD is on the exact same points pace as last season (61) in his first/only NHL season without Panarin on his wing, he's 21, and he's one of only two forwards on the team to score multiple goals at 5v5 since the All-Star Break. In fact, before last night, the only goals scored at 5v5 since the ASB by ANY forward were by him and Bjorkstrand.

The hang ringing over PLD is a bit premature, imo.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
PLD is on the exact same points pace as last season (61) in his first/only NHL season without Panarin on his wing, he's 21, and he's one of only two forwards on the team to score multiple goals at 5v5 since the All-Star Break. In fact, before last night, the only goals scored at 5v5 since the ASB by ANY forward were by him and Bjorkstrand.

The hang ringing over PLD is a bit premature, imo.
Well my guess as to why he was benched the last 6 minutes of the game as to do with what’s discussed above

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don't think its an effort thing with PLD at all. He was creating chances in the first period, then fell off. It happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad