GDT: Game 58 - CBJ at BUF - 13 Feb, 7pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
The Blue Jackets have points in 19 consecutive games vs. Eastern Conference foes (14-0-5). The streak is tied for the fifth longest intra-conference point streak in a single season in the NHL since 1974-75. … The game begins a stretch of eight games in 13 days. … Elvis Merzlikins has an 8-1-1 record in his last 10 starts with just 12 goals allowed and a .959 save percentage. He leads the league with five shutouts, all in the last 10 games. … Oliver Bjorkstrand snapped a four-game streak without a goal Tuesday and has 11-3-14 in his last 12 games. … Pierre-Luc Dubois has a 7-18-25 line in his last 26 games. … Nyquist is two assists from 200 in his career. … Zach Werenski leads all NHL defensemen with a CBJ-record 17 goals this season. ... The Blue Jackets' penalty kill is 23-for-24 over the last 12 games. … Columbus has points in seven of the last nine games with Buffalo (6-2-1).
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Nick Foligno - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Gus Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Liam Foudy
Nathan Gerbe - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson
Sonny Milano - Kevin Stenlund - Emil Bemstrom

Zach Werenski - Markus Nutivaara
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Andrew Peeke

Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Cam Atkinson (injury), Gabriel Carlsson, Joonas Korpisalo (injury)

Roster Report: Atkinson will be two to three weeks with a sprained ankle, leading to Wednesday's recall of Foudy, who made his NHL debut Monday vs. Tampa Bay. He will play again before being returned to OHL London on Friday.

sabres.nhl.com doesn't have a preview article, but they do have one covering yesterday's practice, featuring this lineup:
68 Victor Olofsson - 9 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
13 Jimmy Vesey - 27 Curtis Lazar - 43 Conor Sheary
53 Jeff Skinner - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 67 Michael Frolik / 20 Scott Wilson
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 22 Johan Larsson - 21 Kyle Okposo

62 Brandon Montour - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
19 Jake McCabe - 10 Henri Jokiharju
26 Rasmus Dahlin - 33 Colin Miller
24 Lawrence Pilut - 4 Zach Bogosian

40 Carter Hutton
34 Jonas Johansson

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Sabres' last game:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Lol, nice. One word that covers nouns and verbs.

Always thought it funny they use a Buffalo as the main part of their logo, when their team name is the Sabres.

Also, experiment is over Buffalo: please remove the numbers off the front of your jerseys.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I’m hearing there’s some issues within the organization in Buffalo.

anyway, last time we played them it was a OTL, time to get revenge

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I thought that young lady singing with an accoustic guitar about Jason Botterill had a fair amount of talent. Must be frustrating & it started when they shipped ROR.

"Hey Jason Botterill" to the tune of the white t's Hey There Delilah" I bet she would smashed that guitar over his head if he was within arms reach when she finished taping.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Didn’t they have some fan protest and people talking about their leaders frustration with another apparent play off miss?

Yes, and as a result ticket prices have plummeted too - I checked StubHub earlier this week and I could have gone to this game for $18, sitting in a 100 level seat!!!
I was very very tempted to go (as it's a 2.5 hour drive for me) but I couldn't find anyone to go with...... *insert sad face here*

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I don't know why but I really find Sabres/Jackets games super boring. I find the Sabres entirely boring in general as an organization. At least Eichel can burn Seth in OT this time around.

Go Jackets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad