GDT: Game 58 - CBJ at BUF - 13 Feb, 7pm

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Gerbe ****ed up and Kiv’s shouldn’t be in goal but what in the hell was Werenski doing?

There is no chance in the world that Eichel had a clean shot on goal so why did Werenski leave his man to cover air?

Puck watching, Gerbe beat like a drum (twice) and a tired Milano behind the play. Just an all out spectacular defensive game in OT.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I could be wrong but did Nathan gerbe really get a shift in OT yet Bemstrom, Foligno, and Dubois didn’t?
Nick took the OT opener faceoff I thought, which shocked me.

Gerbe had a nice first 10 games up, but I see why he hasn't been a full time NHL player in awhile. He can't cover anyone in the defensive zone, he's just too small.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nothing..... yet Gerbe scores a goal and the sharks want him benched...

In OT? Yes.

Gerbe, Savard, Harrington, Nash, and Peeke should not see OT ice. Ever. Jenner and Foligno are excluded from this list because of faceoff ability.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Games like this are maddening from PLD. He can control a game when he wants but then you have games where you have to check the box score to find him

Reactions: Fairwhether

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
Too many AHL guys on the roster. It was fun while it lasted and they looked good on adrenaline alone but now the shoe is starting to drop
Yep. They bring energy initially but they can't maintain it. By the third we got pushed around just as you would expect from such a young team. I think that's why we suck in OT, we're gassed.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Good counter, but I still disagree we need a goalie. We need someone who can shoot!
Talk to Cam... the six million dollar man who's now injured as much as Murray. Kek won't make a move for offense...

I'm thinking the return of Korpisalo might impact the season... That said, he's no all-star goalie by any means...

We are lucky to have 4 points in the last 4 games...

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
No, no we dont need points from shitty teams like Buffalo, we win teams like Tampa and Colorado.. wait what?

3game losing streak and its important part of season. Freaking nice...

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So far I'm not impressed with Sonny Milano. This is his opportunity to show his offensive talent we keep hearing about and I got nothing. I can't see him being back here next season. There HAS to be some turnover in the forwards to create more offense.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Talk to Cam... the six million dollar man who's now injured as much as Murray. Kek won't make a move for offense...

I'm thinking the return of Korpisalo might impact the season... That said, he's no all-star goalie by any means...

We are lucky to have 4 points in the last 4 games...
You and I both need another drink.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jackets have 1 line of NHL forward right now and they blew coverage on the 1st goal and it costs them the game. Torts said the same thing as did Bjorkstrand.

With so many guys out, why is it that the veterans are the ones who keep blowing plays defensively and are ghosts offensively?

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
They got a point and that's a good thing. But this is not going to get any better. There's nothing to sugarcoat here. When Zach is arguably the best goal scorer on the team that's a huge issue. There's nothing you can do about the injuries but you can't roll out a team of Stenlund, Gerbe, Robinson, Jenner, Nash, Foligno, Bemstrom, and a disappearing act by PLD and Gus and expect successful results. You'd hope that Milano would seize the opportunity of the extra ice and help with the scoring. Unfortunately he was a mess again tonight and it looks like he is what he is (not good enough). Bjorkstrand actually played as bad as he has in a long time (I'll give him a pass because he's been really good). Foudy looked good for his second game. Two of their goals were from the defense. Kivs wasn't great but he wasn't terrible either.

The disappointing part is there is no help on the way. Injured guys are weeks and months from getting healthy. A middling draft pick is awaiting at the end of the year (lottery luck?) because they overachieved for most of the year. And now they're all out of ammunition.

It's disappointing to see the season come down to mostly injury bad luck.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad