GDT: Game 57: New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils - 7pm ET, MSGSN, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Has to be that shot from Benn that went off Panarin's ankle that is the reason why he's a ? mark. Artemi did finish the game so I'd guess it's not super serious.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is the weirdest 8 game winning streak of all-time

It actually makes me feel better about this team, because in those 8 games have not played their best hockey but have played better since the break. It gives me a lot of hope they can iron out some of the issues going into the playoffs.

Reactions: Brother Mouzone

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It is kinda weird, because during the streak, it doesn't feel like we've been fantastic.

That being said, out of the 8 games, the only one I hated was Chicago.

Most of the "bad" games during this recent stretch were sunk by a terrible period.

Bad periods happen and it's very rare that NHL teams are good all three periods in a game, but we need to contain how bad they get a bit better. The first period against the Islanders was such a joke.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It is kinda weird, because during the streak, it doesn't feel like we've been fantastic.

Most of the "bad" games during this recent stretch were sunk by a terrible period.

Bad periods happen and it's very rare that NHL teams are good all three periods in a game, but we need to contain how bad they get a bit better. The first period against the Islanders was such a joke.
Usually our first periods are trash, except last game that was one of our best 1st periods ever.

Reactions: leetch99

BLOCKERSAVE

Jan 16, 2013
Been out of the country and missed Sunday and Tuesday game. How was our 4th line with the 2 rookies? Is Edstrome a keeper on the 4th line this year? How has Rempe been playing?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

it helps when our Goalies can bail us out in those periods instead of letting it snowball

Reactions: romba and leetch99

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I have a feeling Berard is one of the piece’s available at the deadline or he’d have gotten a shot by now. They don’t like to introduce us to prospects they have available. Robertson is another.

Berard has done literally everything you could do down there. He should have gotten a call up
Kind of makes sense though. WHY bring up a kid (and possibly does well) and then they trade him. Would cause a major stir with the fans. What we (most of us) don't know or have, won't hurt as much when it happens. Can't take away the candy from the baby, right?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Yeah, 8 straight wins, beating the Avs, Lightning, Dallas. Their other rivals outside in OT down 4-1.

Chance to increase the chances of knocking out the team that upset them in the first round last year, in their barn.

We all know whats going to happen.
44th Anniversary of the Miracle on Ice

It'll be another miracle if we don't get embarrassed lol

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I think during this winning streak they have played well most games. That Chicago game was a real stinker, but I felt this place overacted and yeah you saw I was upset about that.

I just am glad they are winning while also trying to figure things out. They have a nice cushion to do so, and hopefully can get on a nice role playing good hockey heading into April.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Will Barclay Goodrow score a 2nd goal this season

I'm not trying to be a dick but it is becoming a serious question at this point.

@Fitzy You realize this.

This is the weirdest 8 game winning streak of all-time
I would not have even noticed had Sam not mentioned it explicitly.

But this, you don't? LOL

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Usually our first periods are trash, except last game that was one of our best 1st periods ever.
Agreed and the interview during the 1st intermission with Brodz was interesting. He specifically mentioned that the team had discussed how poor their first period starts had been lately and that it was an area they were very focused on for the Dallas game.

Good to see they're still learning while winning and hopefully they keep up the attention to detail at the beginning of games and periods.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
What are all the other teams doing right? We’re games in hand from being top 2 in the league, we’ve got an 8 game win streak, but “it’s the worst 8 game streak”, we’re ok but we have bad periods, etc. How are the other top teams all playing 60 great minutes yet still losing more than we do?

Could it be that NO teams play perfect games? Could it be that in total we have a good team?

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
What are all the other teams doing right? We’re games in hand from being top 2 in the league, we’ve got an 8 game win streak, but “it’s the worst 8 game streak”, we’re ok but we have bad periods, etc. How are the other top teams all playing 60 great minutes yet still losing more than we do?

Could it be that NO teams play perfect games?

Absolutely true.

Could it be that in total we have a good team?
Nah... They are a fine regular season team. The issue is that perimeter hockey only works in the regular season. They'll get caved in during the playoffs because hardly anyone on the team carries the puck between the dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad