Post-Game Talk: GAME 57 - Cassidy gets win 100 as B's coach - Now on to California - BRUINS 6 Chicago 3 FINAL

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Lots to like about this game Heinen, the 2nd line etc., but have to give props to that 4th line, they were hard on the forecheck all night, caused major problem for the Hawks D and had plenty of chances to score. They keep working like that and they will score a few goals.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
On the one hand, LA, Colorado, and Chicago are all terrible.

However, the Bruins are doing what they should do and cleaning up against the trash of the Western Conference even if they make it interesting at times.

If they’re going to have a prayer at making a run, they need to stay the heck out of the Wild Card slots.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
On the one hand, LA, Colorado, and Chicago are all terrible.

However, the Bruins are doing what they should do and cleaning up against the trash of the Western Conference even if they make it interesting at times.

If they’re going to have a prayer at making a run, they need to stay the heck out of the Wild Card slots.

The Bruins stopped their streak of 7 wins in a row. They're not that terrible like in the beginning of the season.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
sports2132019.png

Reactions: PB37

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I haven’t watched the 3rd period yet but some very good chemistry was noticeable tonight which we really haven’t seen most of the year . Heinen with two beautiful passes to set up goals . Heinen seems to know where to go when playing with Bergeron and Marchand. Do we already have the top 6 forward we need in Heinen ? Just get a 3C ?

No. Heinen and Cehlarik are not the answers for a playoff run.

Reactions: easton117

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
IMO as much as I hate missing Pasta...this could be the kick in the butt the team needed.

Debrusk, Heinen are starting to produce and the defense looks leathal with McAvoy and Carlo.

Call up Donato and get him going...go Bruins go
I liked you post to Call up Danato. IMO he is simply not NHL ready

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
NO to Stempniak. Maybe let him play in Providence and be on a taxi squad later or something. I want to see Senyshyn or someone with a future here. Even Kuhlman or Smith before Stemp.

Senyshyn is nowhere near a call up.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Watched the game late last night after work. Just wanted to say that the Chara elbow on Kane was the turning point. Woke the team up and got them playing aggressive hockey. Good penalty to take.

Reactions: BMC

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
He is inconsistent...however we need another body on the PP. Donato can play on the 2nd unit and is still a shooter.

He can shoot however he is so far from NHL ready in so many other areas . A one dimensional Danato is not a luxury a playoff team can afford

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I missed the game but I have it recorded and may watch it later today, since my Bruins fix is very few and far between these days.

If you told me the Bruins would put up 6 goals with Pasta out, I would've thought you meant during the entire duration of his absence lol.

One of the biggest positives about this team is there ability to come together and play well when key guys go down. Oddly, they seem to play better.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
He can shoot however he is so far from NHL ready in so many other areas . A one dimensional Danato is not a luxury a playoff team can afford

I think he can still be useful.

IMO I'm not a big Cehlarik fan and if Donato gained back some confidence...hed be better on that line.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
One other note on Donato, next year I want him to be the third line center.
Get this kid off the boards and he will be a better player for it.
I want to see him play center in Providence

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sit Backes he is no better than some of the AHL guys at this point,heck Winnik may be better. I would like to see Kuhlman get a shot over Donato.

Seems a most likely choice, being a right hand shooting RW. Also leads Providence in plus/minus (by a lot). Could be one of those dark horse candidates that just needs a chance to shine.

Reactions: CDJ and FanSince72

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Seems a most likely choice, being a right hand shooting RW. Also leads Providence in plus/minus (by a lot). Could be one of those dark horse candidates that just needs a chance to shine.

Nothing against Donato but we seen that show 3 times now. Lets see the guy who is hot and he may just be hungrier.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Again I just want to say how happy I am for Danton Heinen. He's been struggling all season long but it looks like he's regaining his confidence and showing what kind of player he truly can be.

I hear ya, loud Heinen fan here, not flashy but very smart, some sublime passes last night too. Great also to see Jake finally get one, kid looked involved and focused all night.

Hawks aren`t a good team but were playing well coming in, B`s took care of business vs a non -playoff team, can`t say that`s happened nearly enough this year, good to see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad