GDT: Game 57: Avs @ Jets - 6PM - I Can't Watch, Is it Over Yet?

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
You are all wrong about Nemeth,

Nemeth and the entire team will improve and reach the playoffs. After a successful playoff series Nemeth will be awarded a new 3 year contract.

I do agree that for Nemeth to be successful he need to play it safe, back to basics.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You are all wrong about Nemeth,

Nemeth and the entire team will improve and reach the playoffs. After a successful playoff series Nemeth will be awarded a new 3 year contract.

I do agree that for Nemeth to be successful he need to play it safe, back to basics.

blog-7-20-15-f.png

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Omg...not even close really.

I don't think Nemeth deserves to be bashed, he's generally a pretty solid player out there. He does seem to ice the puck a lot though but I prefer that than low percentage passing attempts that lead to bad turnovers that end up costing us every single time. At least with a faceoff, you get a chance at getting the puck back.

Most hated players in franchise history :
1. Steven Finn, LD (Nordiques - pre HF-Boards era - it's not close)

Title holders by year (HF-Boards era) :
2002-03 - Jeff Shantz, C
2003 -04 - Martin Skoula, LD
2004-05 - (still Skoula - he was hated through the lockout)
2005-06 - Patrice Brisebois, RD
2006-07 - Patrice Brisebois, RD
2007-08 - Brett Clark, LD
2008-09 - Brett Clark, LD
2009-10 - Brett Clark, LD
2010-11 - Matt Hunwick, LD
2011-12 - Matt Hunwick, LD
2012-13 - Greg Zanon, LD
2013-14 - Marc-Andre Cliche, C
2014-15 - Nate Guenin
2015-16 - Nick Holden, LD
2016-17 - Francois Beauchemin, LD
2017-18 - Patrick Nemeth, LD / Colin Wilson, LW

Congrats to those that are multiple champions!

08-09 the most hated player was Tyler Arnason. Clark and Tucker were up there as well. But Arnason was just on an another level of atrocious.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I actually enjoyed Brad May and Darcy Tucker more than Tyler Arnason. I died a little more inside each time Peter McNab made the comment, "Come down to the Pepsi Center and see Tyler Arnason and your Colorado Avalanche take on the....." The only thing Tyler could do right was play Edmonton on the road. For some reason, he was usually good for a goal each and every time. Outside of that he was and will always be known to me as the ice-turd.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I actually enjoyed Brad May and Darcy Tucker more than Tyler Arnason. I died a little more inside each time Peter McNab made the comment, "Come down to the Pepsi Center and see Tyler Arnason and your Colorado Avalanche take on the....." The only thing Tyler could do right was play Edmonton on the road. For some reason, he was usually good for a goal each and every time. Outside of that he was and will always be known to me as the ice-turd.
giphy.gif

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Most hated Av for me was def Brad May.
Not sure who is after that.
I'd have to think about it.
Don't think it's Arnason, though...

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My least favorite Av ever remains Bates Battaglia...and I realize I'm alone on that one.

Nemeth has been fine for a team in transition and in dire need of defensive depth, he came in off the waiver wire and right away had to play 2nd pairing alongside a wonderfully talented puckmoving defender who is at the very least suspect defensively. But he is an interim guy or as the statisticians like to call it, a replacement-level player. They should move on from him when it's appropriate, and it'll be appropriate after this season.

But all that said, he still ended up being a far, far, FAR better investment than Mark Barberio.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
My least favorite Av ever remains Bates Battaglia...and I realize I'm alone on that one.

Nemeth has been fine for a team in transition and in dire need of defensive depth, he came in off the waiver wire and right away had to play 2nd pairing alongside a wonderfully talented puckmoving defender who is at the very least suspect defensively. But he is an interim guy or as the statisticians like to call it, a replacement-level player. They should move on from him when it's appropriate, and it'll be appropriate after this season.

But all that said, he still ended up being a far, far, FAR better investment than Mark Barberio.
Oh I hated Bates. I think that trade is when I started questioning wtf was going on with the franchise. Even when they traded Drury I kinda understood why. Lacroix fell in love with what he saw from the BBC line in that playoff run. Alls well that ends well I guess as he brought us Konowalchuk who I was a huge fan of on this team.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
08-09 the most hated player was Tyler Arnason. Clark and Tucker were up there as well. But Arnason was just on an another level of atrocious.

Yeah it was probably Arnason...I think Calder trophy winner Raycroft was up there too.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh I hated Bates. I think that trade is when I started questioning wtf was going on with the franchise. Even when they traded Drury I kinda understood why. Lacroix fell in love with what he saw from the BBC line in that playoff run. Alls well that ends well I guess as he brought us Konowalchuk who I was a huge fan of on this team.

Dude was shockingly useless for Colorado. Couldn't even hold down a third line role. Sandy Clough put it best the day the Kono deal was consummated--it was one of the few times Lacroix admitted defeat on a trade without outright admitting it verbally. He may have parlayed that failure into a win (by packaging it with another failure in Jonas Johansson (former first rounder who never played a single NHL game) with Kono, but he still managed to trade away a promising young player who went on to score nearly 650 points in over 1000 NHL games for a plugger who was essentially out of the league roughly two years later. I used to believe that he got kinda pouty and that was the reason he hit the skids in Colorado...but it's more likely he was just a passenger placed with two elite players and inflated his own value...much like another revered Avalanche player, Dean McAmmond.

He also beat out an old friend of mine when he and his brother won the Amazing Race in whatever season they competed, so that just added fuel to the fire. :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I just can never forgive May for his part in the Moore incident. To this day, 05-06 is the only season I've ever sworn off hockey. There have been a number of players I've hated on this team, but none will ever top May.

Reactions: McMetal

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I just can never forgive May for his part in the Moore incident. To this day, 05-06 is the only season I've ever sworn off hockey. There have been a number of players I've hated on this team, but none will ever top May.
I wish Aebischer gave him a blocker shot to the head after May scored on him in that game and going right into his face to taunt David. Brad MAy did this twice.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I don’t hate any players, I hate the management and coaching staff for making me watch clowns like Hunwick, Zanon, Guenin etc so many years in a row.

That said, it’s nice to get a win.

Reactions: MacBradley

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
My most hated player on the Avs is Greg Zanon. Dude was mind-blowingly bad.

There is some obvious ones everyone has brought up, but hes probably the most recent one that disgusted me most. Just a lazy shit, and then he yells at people about the logo. Whoever brought him up as a pro scout should have probably been fired on the spot before he was ever brought in. The bad part is that person probably still works for the Avs lol.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Over the years I've only hated one player, Eric Gelinas. Guys like Cliche, Guenin etc sucked but it was to a comical degree.

The worst part about Gelinas for me is that I think of him whenever I watch Michael DiPietro or hear his name. I don't know if he'll be good or if the Avs would've taken him but he went one spot after the pick traded for Gelinas.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The worst part about Gelinas for me is that I think of him whenever I watch Michael DiPietro or hear his name. I don't know if he'll be good or if the Avs would've taken him but he went one spot after the pick traded for Gelinas.
Awh f*** I didn't even realize that.. THANKS.

I remember even just seeing him on the ice pissed me off lol, dude was horrible with a bad attitude.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
So you saw the same Mack? I guess that tells me a lot about how you see the game.

In the 13 games prior to and including the Calgary game :
13GP 6G 13A 19PTS and 72 shots on goal

In the 13 games following that game against Calgary :
13GP 3G 5A 8PTS and 36 shots on goal

But you saw the same player??? Those are just stats and they tell part of the story but not the whole story. Yesterday, for the first time since that incident I saw a player that was absolutely engaged and took control of the puck and was set on making something happen especially in the 1st period. I saw a player last night who actually had a discussion with his coach (rather than not even look at him when Bednar was speaking to him on the bench - (yeah THAT did happen and they showed it on TV and I wasn't the only one who noticed it).

But please do go on and keep telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about and instead of bringing anything worthwhile to the discussion...just keep saying that I'm wrong.

I guess Greg Sherman REALLY was the GM and he really DID make those trades. :sarcasm:

I remember people telling me that I should give up on that too. Then the next thing we know, Greg Sherman is giving an interview to some no-name weirdo in the back of a truck.
Yes I saw the same Mack as far as effort was concerned. What was different was that he wasn't trying to do everything by himself. He was using his teammates more efficiently. Before the effort was there but he was losing the puck and turning it over all the time therefore having less shots on net. When he was shooting it was wide very often because he was trying to pick corners therefore less shots as well. Then after a few bad goals against he would get deflated and therefore less shot on net again. Stats can be interpreted different ways. Look at how dominant they were usually until they get scored stupid goals against. When a team quits on their coach they get dominated pretty much the entire game because they don't want to win to get him fired. The camera is not always on Mack on the bench so how do you know if Mack wasn't talking to Bednar before?

But Hey go ahead and keep escalating this higher by telling me how much better than anybody you are at watching the game and that you can read people's mind. I guess if we don't agree with you we don't know how to watch a game. Please let me know what my next opinion will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad