GDT: Game 56 - CBJ vs TBL - 10 Feb, 7:30 pm, @Nat

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
the team has allowed 4 goals in 6 periods +1 OT to 2 of the leagues best offenses. I dont think it has anything to do with not having an answer to other teams top lines and everything to do with not having an answer for the offense and really with the injuries and system it forces the team to play its kind of expected

Fireball23

Mar 5, 2014
does it really matter?
the team has allowed 4 goals in 6 periods +1 OT to 2 of the leagues best offenses. I dont think it has anything to do with not having an answer to other teams top lines and everything to do with not having an answer for the offense and really with the injuries and system it forces the team to play its kind of expected

Agreed.. What do people expect with Offense when your line mates change from shift to shift and game to game.. familiarity goes a long long way timing on one timers and sending and receiving normal passes. This team played well and they should have won but they didn't.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
One thing to cheer you guys up is that this year we have one of the best 2nd defense pairing in the entire league. That’s behind arguably the best young 1st pairing.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We don't need a trade or a trade won't help until this team gets the same level of urgency attacking as they do defending.

I was thinking about this while watching last night''s game. To me defense is mostly driven by attitude and determination which I believe the Jackets are showing lots of during the streak. Offense on the other hand is more skill based and that is where the Jackets fall apart. There is only a few truly gifted offensive players on the roster. Watching TB really brought home the difference in the offenses.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I don't even question the decision to retreat into his own end. In NHL regular season overtime, that's a common strategy. You just can't lose the puck there. You can't. He turned it over and got torched, end of.

I also can't fault the other guys for not covering afterward. They were on offense; their goal is to get as much space between them and the opponents as possible. Once the puck turns over, there's no time to recover. Perhaps they could have done a better job of giving Zach an out before the turnover, but at some point you have to trust a teammate to not get beaten on a simple play.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Coming into this game I wanted someone to flatten Kuch. That feeling has increased after this game.

f***ing Kelly Sutherland.

Reactions: Viqsi

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think the defense was amazing considering we did not have Jones and we w ere playing against one of the most Explosive offensive teams in the league. I am really amazed the fantastic defensive scheme Torts has developed & how the guys have bought into it. I think we. Will continue to b “hard to play against” even without Jones.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Never said not having an answer to the Bolts top line was why they lost. I said it was a product of Seth being out. Just noting an area where it hurts, despite the system allowing for a generally adequate sub.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad