GDT: Game 56 - CBJ vs TBL - 10 Feb, 7:30 pm, @Nat

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
We don't need a trade or a trade won't help until this team gets the same level of urgency attacking as they do defending.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I mentioned Fouly desperation several pages ago... Thing is, we don't have much to trade...
Sure they do... Jarmo isn’t going to go for it this year , and it would be silly to attempt that , that doesn’t mean that one of Anderson, Murray, or Savard isn’t moved . It appears Jones broke his ankle , so not sure what the time table on him will be , but Murray will be ready soon, Peeke looked really good , we’re still loaded on defense

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Jackets better trade for a center , Anderson plus, should return a good one . Your not going to score goals with the group of centers we are throwing out there , not to mention from what I heard yesterday , there is some concern with Texiers injury
I just hope Texier's back isn't too bad that it effects his career and his life outside of hockey. I hope they had shut him down this year when he got hurt. Lumbar fractures aren't good, and can be a problem for an athlete for a long time, cutting short careers.

Reactions: The Bread Man

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Calling up junior guys for offense is the ultimate in desperation. Jarmo needs to bite the bullet and make a hockey deal for offense

With what? We can’t trade picks, we have none. We can’t trade a defenseman, our team is gutted there and using every bit of depth we have. Our prospect base is pretty thin, and anyone worth trading is guys we want to keep.

we’re “stuck” With this roster this year.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I mentioned Fouly desperation several pages ago... Thing is, we don't have much to trade...

1-1-1 vs DET-COL-TB

Not all that shocked or even disappointed tbh....actually I'm impressed we competed tonight down Jones and still Anderson.

No moves to make, we need to get healthy, or any playoff appearance will be short lived this year.

Keep overachieving, get healthy, and see if Torts can't work a little post season magic.

Werenski screwed up and I'm sure he knows it. Move on and put it behind you.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Sure they do... Jarmo isn’t going to go for it this year , and it would be silly to attempt that , that doesn’t mean that one of Anderson, Murray, or Savard isn’t moved . It appears Jones broke his ankle , so not sure what the time table on him will be , but Murray will be ready soon, Peeke looked really good , we’re still loaded on defense

I would say minimum the rest of the regular season on Jones.

I just hope Texier's back isn't too bad that it effects his career and his life outside of hockey. I hope they had shut him down this year when he got hurt. Lumbar fractures aren't good, and can be a problem for an athlete for a long time, cutting short careers.
As I posted when it originally occurred, I read that he could be looking at 6 months recovery time for a stress fracture as he won't be allowed any sort of activity for about 4 months if I recall correctly as a common treatment for that injury.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
jarmo says first round pick is off the table, but if we can get a center with term left on the contract I don’t know why he says no
jarmo is a master at youth and building from within, etc. trading is not his trump card.. John Davidson forced him to trade last deadline...

I can think of a few guys I'd put on the block but won't mention them in shark invested water... :)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I would say minimum the rest of the regular season on Jones.

As I posted when it originally occurred, I read that he could be looking at 6 months recovery time for a stress fracture as he won't be allowed any sort of activity for about 4 months if I recall correctly as a common treatment for that injury.
Yup, there is concern is all I’m going to say . Wish I had faith in the Cbj medical staff , with all the injuries this year , letting Jones go back out and play the rest of the game on what now appears to be a broken ankle , and now he goes on IR , is not a good look .

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
@ BUF, NYR, @ NJ, home and home with PHI, @ NSH, OTT, home and home with Minnesota

Lots of important games, and lots of winnable ones.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Yup, there is concern is all I’m going to say . Wish I had faith in the Cbj medical staff , with all the injuries this year , letting Jones go back out and play the rest of the game on what now appears to be a broken ankle , and now he goes on IR , is not a good look .
Yeah, he broke it early, point of service x-rays are available in 2020 .... Playing out the game must have exacerbated the injury....

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Next time they get into OT maybe Torts should think twice about putting two players that were the worst players on the ice tonight over a guy that can actually put the puck in the net (free Bjorkstrand).

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Next time they get into OT maybe Torts should think twice about putting two players that were the worst players on the ice tonight over a guy that can actually put the puck in the net (free Bjorkstrand).
Agree. As I posted earlier I thought Zach retreated to get Foligno off the ice with he being on with PLD to start being in case one was thrown out of the FO. The pairing otherwise made no sense.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Elvis has not given up more than 3 goals in any of his last 18 full games.

I wonder if Bob or Carey Price has ever had a stretch that long without giving up 4 in a game. I'm not going to check:laugh:

He's gone 16 games with a save percentage not lower than 90% in any game.

Reactions: Lumbus

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Elvis has not given up more than 3 goals in any of his last 18 full games.

I wonder if Bob or Carey Price has ever had a stretch that long without giving up 4 in a game. I'm not going to check:laugh:

He's gone 16 games with a save percentage not lower than 90% in any game.
When they had the 16 game streak Bob went 20 games without giving up more than 3. Later that season he went 14. He was 28-3-3 in those games. It's pretty hard to do because you have to get good defence most of those games, and be real good when the defence is a no show. Don't know if Price ever did, I would think not because Montreal's defence really hasn't been that good for years. They have been a team that relies too much on the goalie in recent years.

My curiosity got the best of me so I looked at Henrik Lundqvist. In 2011-12, he didn't have a streak like this, but he only gave up 4 or more goals 6 times in 62 games, one being an overtime loss. The amazing thing is he never gave up more than 4 goals in any game that year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad