GDT: Game 56 - CBJ vs TBL - 10 Feb, 7:30 pm, @Nat

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Was waiting for Viqsi to make the GDT, but she can post her quality info post later when she comes around. (EDIT: See post #5. --viqsi)

I just wanted a place to fake complain that NBCSN pulled the game from national telecast but I still have to endure the half-hour later start and later bedtime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Man this game will be interesting. Will stay up late to watch this. Tampa will be a real test for the Jackets.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
A game we have abosolutely no buisness winning or even being close in... So with that in mind I predict a 3-2 win

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
(This is what I had partially prepped for the GDT, but, y'know, work delays.)

So! Now that the point streak has ended and Elvis has another loss and we suck again and everything is terrible, it's time to go up against, for the first time this season, the team whose lives we ruined last April and who'll therefore be howling for our blood. :thumbu:
Yep, that's me, always putting the positive spin on things...

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
The Blue Jackets have points in 18 consecutive games vs. Eastern Conference foes (14-0-4). … Elvis Merzlikins has an 8-1-0 record in his last nine starts with just 10 goals allowed and a .962 save percentage. … Cam Atkinson is two goals from the 200 mark, while Seth Jones and Gus Nyquist are each two assists from 200 in their careers. … Zach Werenski leads all NHL defensemen with a CBJ-record 17 goals this season. ... The game ends a four-game homestand for Columbus, which is 10-2-1 in its last 13 contests in Nationwide Arena with seven sellouts in the last 10 home games. … The Blue Jackets are 7-0-0 on Mondays this season. … Columbus is 0-5-1 in the last six regular season games vs. Tampa Bay but 4-0 in the last four playoff games.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Nick Foligno - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Gus Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Liam Foudy
Sonny Milano - Riley Nash - Emil Bemstrom
Nathan Gerbe - Kevin Stenlund - Eric Robinson

Zach Werenski - David Savard
Vladislav Gavrikov - Andrew Peeke
Scott Harrington - Markus Nutivaara

Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Cam Atkinson (inj), Gabriel Carlsson Joonas Korpisalo (injury)
Roster Report: With Atkinson and Seth Jones out with injury, the Blue Jackets will turn to Foudy on wing to try to provide some offense.

Notes and projected lineup per lightning.nhl.com (yay!):
Monday's Storylines
The Lightning begin their 11th of 15 back-to-back sets this season...The Bolts are 5-4-1 in the first half of a back-to-back...Tampa Bay has won three-straight road contests and are on a five-game road point streak (4-0-1)...The Lightning are on a six-game win streak overall, tied with Boston for the longest active win streak in the NHL...The Bolts enter Columbus on an eight-game point streak (7-0- 1)...Tampa Bay is 18-2-1 over its last 21 contests...The Lightning rank first in the NHL for goal differential (+49), second for wins (35) and third for points (75) and points percentage (.682).

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Bolts' last game:

Reactions: Madifer

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I guess if you're in the Tampa or Columbus markets, you get TBL/CBJ on NBCSN. If you're a Jackets fan outside of those markets, it's unclear if the game will be blacked out.

Reactions: ViD

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Also wtf Cam is out now too?

We're even MORE DEPLETED against a hot Lightning team who are probably looking for revenge for last year's sweep. This is a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: Madifer

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Already down a full handful of players, now Jones and Cam are out. No chance to win tonight.....yet, I’ve said that multiple times this year only to watch a victory. May it happen again tonight!

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
The game where we came back to the ground. Jones is the most important player who we have. Lets place the bet TBL -1.5 and TBL -2.5 so losing doesnt feel so bad, but if we win, losing money dont feel bad at all

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I guess if you're in the Tampa or Columbus markets, you get TBL/CBJ on NBCSN. If you're a Jackets fan outside of those markets, it's unclear if the game will be blacked out.
For those who are cord cutters or just use it, the game is supposedly available to everyone on the NBCSports app.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Not trying to read too much into it, but Cam's wife looked fairly pregnant in those pictures someone posted. I am assuming that at some point during the remainder of the season, he's going to miss a game or two. I have no idea if this is relevant for tonight's game.

I just popped over to read the Tampa thread. The last post was that Stamkos is out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
On the TV front... I have Hulu, and they don't have the alternate feed, so I'm out of luck on that front. I know the NBC Sports app on Roku has the game on, but I work evenings and watch later, so I don't know what they have as far as replays.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
So confused about TV access. Have Hulu but I guess will use NBC sports app as backup.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I was listening to NHL radio on my drive home today and they have already written of the CBJ for dead, that they have no chance against against Tampa and that the Hurricanes are better than them.

It’s back to being them against the whole world already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad