Pre-Game Talk: Game #55: Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Wedneday, Jan. 29th 7:30PM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapIt

Feb 19, 2013
Canucks show up vs. the Hawks, their chances are better than what most would expect.

I think Daniel or Burrows will bust their scoring slump. Maybe the PP will even show signs of life.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
I expect the Nucks to get beat bad so that means they will probably win.

I also expect us to be beaten Bad. 5-1 Blackhawks. Before with Henrik and Santo we could compete but that just hurts so much missing those 2

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
It's games like this, when there is no way they should win, that the Canucks usually show up for.

I would agree, this team has been very hard to get a read on during the entire season. It wouldn't surprise me to see them put on one of their best performances of the season tomorrow.

Although I fear the absence of Tortorella will make a difference tomorrow. I haven't been impressed with the in-game adjustments from the coaching staff over the last few games and the Hawks are the type of team that could really exploit that weakness.

The Protein Shake*

Hawks are playing pretty terrible hockey this month

Not sure why so many of you think the Hawks will win this game

Cause the Hawks have a much better team, more skill and better personnel. The Canucks lost to Edmonton last night, in what was a pretty embarrassing effort. We're playing like crap and no one is scoring. We shouldn't have scored a single goal against EDM and we wouldn't have scored any more than 2 goals against PHX if Mike Smith didn't gift us 3.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver

From top to bottom, the Hawks are a much better team, regardless of how they're playing right now.

I don't think Hawk fans have watched enough Canuck games and adjusted their expectations for the Canucks the way Canucks fans have. Canucks aren't an elite team this year, it makes for a poor rivalry when it's so obvious that one team is better than the other. 2 years ago they were on even footing, not so much anymore.

Anything can happen, that's why they play the games, but to expect a win would be foolish.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Have you looked at our lineup? It's awful. On top of that, Dan Sedin sucks. Hell, we even got beat by the Oilers last night.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
From top to bottom, the Hawks are a much better team, regardless of how they're playing right now.

I don't think Hawk fans have watched enough Canuck games and adjusted their expectations for the Canucks the way Canucks fans have. Canucks aren't an elite team this year, it makes for a poor rivalry when it's so obvious that one team is better than the other. 2 years ago they were on even footing, not so much anymore.

Anything can happen, that's why they play the games, but to expect a win would be foolish.

Hawks have 27 ROWs to our 24. The teams look farther apart than they really are.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

We lost to Edmonton last night and Daniel Sedin hasn't scored in twelve games. The world is officially ending, we are doomed to emulate the Calgary Flames and will one day soon be Edmonton ourselves. We're mediocre, awful, old and finished.

I wish I was kidding when I typed this. Welcome to our board mentality. :rolleyes:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Is there any official news on when Henrik will actually be back? There was so much hype about the ironman streak being ended that it felt like nobody was even talking about how long he would be gone :laugh:

Tomorrow I'd like to see:

Sedin-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Schroeder-Kassian

Booth-Dalpe-Hansen

Sestito-Richardson-Weber

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Hawks have 27 ROWs to our 24. The teams look farther apart than they really are.

Interesting stat. I believe we would be playing them if the playoffs started today as well.

We may be in for another epic chapter in the Hawks/Nucks rivalry this year.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff 8s
BUF has a PPG tonight. That drops #Canucks to 29th in #NHL in that department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad