Pre-Game Talk: Game #55: Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Wedneday, Jan. 29th 7:30PM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
large.png
vs.
large.png

WHEN: Wedneaday, January 29th, 7:30PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia
TV: TSN
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Alex Burrows
Daniel Sedin - Brad Richardson - Zack Kassian
David Booth - Jordan Schroeder - Jannik Hansen
Tom Sestito - Zac Dalpe - Yannick Weber

Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Alex Edler - Jason Garrison
Ryan Stanton - Kevin Bieksa

Roberto Luongo

Chicago Blackhawks

Sharp - Toews - Hossa
Saad - Pirri - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Versteeg
Bollig - Handzus - Kruger

Keith - Seabrook
Hjalmarsson - Oduya
Leddy - Rozsival

Crawford

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Luongo letting in back to back hat tricks, i would not be surprised if Kane gets 3 and luongo lets up a hat trick of hat tricks.

Get it ?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm hoping Higgins gets paired with Schroeder and Kassian, and that line is given first like minutes. About the only group of forwards who play like they give a damn.

Also we badly need to jumble up our PP units.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Kind of curious how many people this team gave first hat tricks to. Bet we lead the league in that category. Anyways I hope this will be a wake up call game.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm hoping Higgins gets paired with Schroeder and Kassian, and that line is given first like minutes. About the only group of forwards who play like they give a damn.

Also we badly need to jumble up our PP units.

I'd agree with this. I was advocating Schroeder and Kassian to be paired with Daniel last game, but Higgins would work, too.

Burrows badly needs a bounce like the two Schroeder got vs. Edmonton to go his way. I've lost track of how many posts he's hit and empty nets he's missed. Gripping his stick way too hard.

Hopefully a game vs. Chicago brings back this team's compete level. Otherwise... :help:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Want to see these lines:

Sedin-Schroeder-Burrows
Booth-Dalpe-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Sestito-Richardson-Weise

Use all 4 lines, and hard match the Kesler line vs the opposition's best line. This way, they aren't relying on him for offense, and can free up the top two lines for more offense.

It also puts players in the roles to which they are more suited IMO.

They must play their 4th line.

Outside99*

Want to see these lines:

Sedin-Schroeder-Burrows
Booth-Dalpe-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Sestito-Richardson-Weise

Use all 4 lines, and hard match the Kesler line vs the opposition's best line. This way, they aren't relying on him for offense, and can free up the top two lines for more offense.

Agreed. If Kes wasn't the shutdown C, who would it be?

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Want to see these lines:

Sedin-Schroeder-Burrows
Booth-Dalpe-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Sestito-Richardson-Weise

I'm torn on JS being with two people slumping, maybe give him one?
Higgins-Schroeder-Burrows
Sedin-Dalpe/Kesler-Kassian

idk, I feel like asking Scheoder to ignite two people is too much.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I'm torn on JS being with two people slumping, maybe give him one?
Higgins-Schroeder-Burrows
Sedin-Dalpe/Kesler-Kassian

idk, I feel like asking Scheoder to ignite two people is too much.

The reason I have Schroeder there is that he is a pure playmaker. Something Daniel and Burrows are used to with Henrik. Thus, it could mimick that line for a time - if it works out.

Kassian doesn't shoot enough, so he's placed with Dalpe or Kesler. Shooting centres. Dalpe in this case because Kesler is on shutdown duty. He also has past chemistry with Booth.

Booth I want in the top6. It's just off trying to shoe horn this guy into a bottom6 role when he's not a checker. He's played his career in the top6, he's used to that role, give it to him and let him show you what he's got. It's not like this team is scoring anyway.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
And even he hasn't been doing a great job of that of late.

Agreed, but part of that is trying to do too much. If the 2nd line is used as a shutdown line, then it has to stop top lines and score at a 2nd line rate... That's a tough thing to do.

They need to get Kesler playing a role. And by way of that, get the depth more involved IMO. Otherwise its a jumbled mess where non-checkers are playing checking roles and the top6 is trying to do everything at once.

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
The reason I have Schroeder there is that he is a pure playmaker. Something Daniel and Burrows are used to with Henrik. Thus, it could mimick that line for a time - if it works out.

Kassian doesn't shoot enough, so he's placed with Dalpe or Kesler. Shooting centres. Dalpe in this case because Kesler is on shutdown duty. He also has past chemistry with Booth.

Booth I want in the top6. It's just off trying to shoe horn this guy into a bottom6 role when he's not a checker. He's played his career in the top6, he's used to that role, give it to him and let him show you what he's got. It's not like this team is scoring anyway.

Booth makes me want to hibernate until the buy out period opens up and hope it happens, saw a glimpse of him earlier this year where he looked okay but I feel like its unrealistic expecting him to regain form at this point. What you say make sense in regards to him as we're kind of in the state of throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks.

After how this season started with Kass, I'm pretty happy overall with his progress and won't chop him down, I'll also expect slightly more drastic growth next year.
Tanev has more shots than Kass, he really does need to shoot more... I had no idea Tanev had more shots...

regardless, I still think its alot to ask but then again, I wouldn't expect the lines to stay like that for the whole game anyways unless it worked, we'll all probably get to see our combos but hopefully not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad