GDT: Game 55: Tank Bowl I (DET @ CBJ), 7 PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Roslovic and Bjork... but nothing bad everybody can lose the puck. I only don`t understand why Mattiss went to bench still before then we had the puck on the sticks.
Detroit has very good forchecking.
Why did Torts devide up the pair Foudy--Laine? Only for Atkinson? It wasn`t too happy solution. Atkinson played bad and this pair has quite good chemistry. INHO it`s unfair to Liam.

Last edited:

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Perfect Tank maneuver.

Actually a almost perfect game for Bleu Jackets, since Laine played a better game tonight.
He was actually a zero, if not for the two empty net goals.

We Tanked and I think management learn a lot about certain players.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Roslovic and Bjork... but nothing bad everybody can lose the puck. I only don`t understand why Mattiss went to bench still before then we had the puck on the sticks.
Detroit has very good forchecking.
Why did Torts devide up the pair Foudy--Laine? Only for Atkinson? It wasn`t too happy solution. Atkinson played bad and this pair has quite good chemistry. INHO it`s unfair to Liam.
Perfect Tank...

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Perfect Tank...
Can you explain? I`m foreigner so I don`t right it.

Perfect Tank maneuver.

Actually a almost perfect game for Bleu Jackets, since Laine played a better game tonight.
He was actually a zero, if not for the two empty net goals.

We Tanked and I think management learn a lot about certain players.
If he plays only better even not excelent he doesn`t have problems to play under very hard forchecking. But the key word---IF.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Can you explain? I`m foreigner so I don`t right it.

If he plays only better even not excelent he doesn`t have problems to play under very hard forchecking. But the key word---IF.
Wants to loose, to get a better odds draft lottery.

The "Tank" is basically a joke of a kind, for filling up with top draft pick.
Think more in the matter of filling you reservoir (Tank).

Of cause it only works for your own draft picks, like when Toronto looses and looses, to get a better chance for first pick, to draft Matthews.

Basically we has nothing to win, by winning this game, but by loosing we gets a much better chance of winning an early draft pick.
So in some way, CBJ won this game.

Trust me, the leadership was very happy with what they saw from Laine yesterday
But... just didn't want that much to win...

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Jackets will not win three games in a row in a season for the first time in franchise history.
That was clear before the game, with the exchange before the game.

Wondering how many of our players was told not to win.
Atkinson, Bjorkstrand maybe? In my point of view, they had lowered their effort.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Wants to loose, to get a better odds draft lottery.

The "Tank" is basically a joke of a kind, for filling up with top draft pick.
Think more in the matter of filling you reservoir (Tank).

Of cause it only works for your own draft picks, like when Toronto looses and looses, to get a better chance for first pick, to draft Matthews.

Basically we has nothing to win, by winning this game, but by loosing we gets a much better chance of winning an early draft pick.
So in some way, CBJ won this game.

Trust me, the leadership was very happy with what they saw from Laine yesterday
But... just didn't want that much to win...
If everybody wants to lose to take the best pick it never is good for future. Because karma is karma.:)

It wasn't his extra play only a bit better. That's all.

Reactions: Monk

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
That was clear before the game, with the exchange before the game.

Wondering how many of our players was told not to win.
Atkinson, Bjorkstrand maybe? In my point of view, they had lowered their effort.

While I am a fervent advocate for tanking, I don't believe the players were told not to try to win. I think the season has had a wearing down effect on all the players and at this point I think they are tired, frustrated and trying not to get hurt. That being said playing Kivs over Elvis is a great strategy, don't want to wear out Elvis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad