GDT: Game 55: Tank Bowl I (DET @ CBJ), 7 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
E0mGZhRXMAEJoWJ

The Jackets come into tonights Tank Bowl I with a 1 point advantage on Detroit in the standings, at 46 to 45. Both teams will end the season against one another. Detroit holds all the tiebreakers, so if Detroit manages to get 3 out of a possible 4 points they will "lose" the tank bowl.

The Jackets are early "leaders" in the tank bowl by starting Kivlenieks. How will Detroit counter.

Who wants it more? Stay tuned for more lineup tweet. Hopefully the Jackets can win the tank bowl, by losing these games.

As you can see I have went all out on tonights GDT by showing off my photoshop skills.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Lose in regulation Friday, win in OT on Saturday. NJ gets three points in their last two games against NYI/Philly. Vancouver manages 5+ points in their final 8 games. We finish 3rd-last but end the season/Torts era on a positive note. :thumbu:

Go team.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Lose in regulation Friday, win in OT on Saturday. NJ gets three points in their last two games against NYI/Philly. Vancouver manages 5+ points in their final 8 games. We finish 3rd-last but end the season/Torts era on a positive note. :thumbu:

Go team.
Nah I’d prefer to lose both.
upload_2021-5-7_6-32-30.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-7_6-30-35.jpeg
    upload_2021-5-7_6-30-35.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 2

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I predict and hope for 2 Jackets wins...nod to George Costanza

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The Jackets come into tonights Tank Bowl I with a 1 point advantage on Detroit in the standings, at 46 to 45. Both teams will end the season against one another. Detroit holds all the tiebreakers, so if Detroit manages to get 3 out of a possible 4 points they will "lose" the tank bowl.

DET wins in OT / SO
CBJ wins in OT / SO

Detroit takes 3 out of a possible 4 points and ends the season with 48.
Columbus takes 3 out of a possible 4 points as well and ends the season with 49.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Gotta love Torts. Lehtonen plays his strongest game of the season and so of course gets scratched the next. Maybe he's a bit banged up but I'm assuming Jarmo wants to re-sign Mikko and this isn't helping.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Why harrington. Seriously why. We have Carlsson, a young player with some limited upside, right here to play. Play him if you must take out Lehtonen
I don't understand it too. Lehtonen is very good, Carlsson is young, talant but Harrington must play.

Reactions: barriers

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Why harrington. Seriously why. We have Carlsson, a young player with some limited upside, right here to play. Play him if you must take out Lehtonen

Because this organization is run by a bunch of dunces.
Gotta love Torts. Lehtonen plays his strongest game of the season and so of course gets scratched the next. Maybe he's a bit banged up but I'm assuming Jarmo wants to re-sign Mikko and this isn't helping.

Watch what they do rather than what they say. Covert tank underway.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
That's just overt tanking guys. I thought a lot of us wanted them to lose, now we're bitching about roster moves that make that easier?

Reactions: LJ7201

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Any changes from last game is a Tank strategy, that ever the excuse is.

And the tank commander has really lost control, these last three games.

The offense has been using rocket and other heavy weapons.
Weapon that should be illegal weapons, in such a tank maneuver.

Dam :laugh: Atkison, Benstrom, Bjorkstrand, Domi and Roslovic. :sarcasm:
We will have to punishing them and better explain how to make Tank strategy.

IF YOU SCORE A GOAL, be sure it is in our own net. :cool:

Go Wings, Go Wings....

Actually I like they play of our team Wednesday, but it was bad for the Tank, it is so full of holes.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Shootout order for tonight’s game:
Harrington
Gavrikov
Peeke

reserves:
BayWatch
MacInnis
Robinson

Reactions: EspenK