GDT: Game 55: Snow @ Bears | 1 PM MT | February 10, 2019

Which would you rather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We're losing today again and with Anaheim making changes to their FO/staff, does that mean we're up next? Fire Bednar and send MacK a letter from an anonymous source that has the following message handwritten: "Do your job".
But Sakic says coaching is not the problem, he says the problem is how the team plays without the puck

Whatever that means, I guess that means they need smarter players?

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they try to flip Grubauer and try to re-sign varly and frank for a short term deals.
What Jared could do if thats the plan is to play Grubauer more to raise his coinage with teams looking for some goalie help. Playing Semyon back to back when dude faced 41 shots, let in 4 goals and went to OT the day before is so stupid.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm fine with the decision, even if it backfires on them. Varly finally had a solid game and it might be sad to say because he still allowed four goals in a loss but that was the best an Avs goalie has looked in some time. Put him right back out there and see if he can get in a rhythm.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Varly going again is literally the dumbest decision....

It's **** like this more then anything that says Bednar needs to be replaced. Varly is not our future goalie. Grubauer is. Both guys are playing like **** but one of them is here for another 2 years.

I'm getting the sense Bednar is desperate and doesn't really give a **** about the future right now. He only has faith in Varlamov turning it around, and he's praying he figures it out. Maybe Bednar figures his job might actually be on the line -- though I don't think it is with Sakic.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
What Jared could do if thats the plan is to play Grubauer more to raise his coinage with teams looking for some goalie help. Playing Semyon back to back when dude faced 41 shots, let in 4 goals and went to OT is so stupid.
Oh for sure, I think it's a dumb decision regardless. I'm just trying to figure out what their plan could possibly be to salvage the situation going into next year. Obvious Joe's comments are typical GM non committal bs, he has to not be comfortable going forward.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We’ve been outplaying hockey teams and losing games almost solely because of goaltending. We get the best goaltending performance in ages from Varlamov yesterday, of course we’re going with him today.

Realize a discussion was had to make sure Varly was feeling up to it. I’d say Varly wants to play this game more than any other player on that roster. Let that guy go out there and battle.

HartKinnon

Nov 25, 2010
How many times a newly signed goalies have had a bounceback season after a disaster season? Grubauer won't be here till the end of his current contract.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So glad Weekend at Bernie’s doesn’t sing the anthem at the Garden anymore. That guy’s clearly a psychopath.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We’ve been outplaying hockey teams and losing games almost solely because of goaltending. We get the best goaltending performance in ages from Varlamov yesterday, of course we’re going with him today.

Realize a discussion was had to make sure Varly was feeling up to it. I’d say Varly wants to play this game more than any other player on that roster. Let that guy go out there and battle.

I didn't really expect that whole out playing teams thing to continue. Hell I was surprised they were still gutting it out to this point. No one can just continue to put out their best effort every night against absolute futility.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I didn't really expect that whole out playing teams thing to continue. Hell I was surprised they were still gutting it out to this point. No one can just continue to put out their best effort every night against absolute futility.
I’m just speaking in response to everyone questioning putting Varlamov in net.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I said I wouldn't watch another game but this one started at 10 PM, so of course I put it on. I'll turn it off later.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I don’t like Nemeth with Barrie at all. Barrie gets used with the top line, and Nemeth can’t pass. Makes little sense to have a guy who can’t handle the puck out there with the most skilled forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad