GDT: Game #55 Rangers @ Bruins 7pm ET May the 6ith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I feel like Buch is the best candidate to bring back a roster improvement and deal from a position of depth. So unfortunately I’d move him.

Right now my keepers are probably Panarin, Laf, Kakko, Chytil, Kravtsov, Fox, Trouba, Shesterkin and Miller.
What's your opinion on Chytil? Really think he can turn into a great player but I don't see him fitting with anyone. He always seems to be doing his own thing.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I feel like Buch is the best candidate to bring back a roster improvement and deal from a position of depth. So unfortunately I’d move him.

Right now my keepers are probably Panarin, Laf, Kakko, Chytil, Kravtsov, Fox, Trouba, Shesterkin and Miller.

I'm not disagreeing at all - I just hate that Buch is most likely going to go when he is more of what this team needs. I can't see Zibanejad or Strome doing what he did last night when Mantha was harassing him - or as another example the crosscheck to Marchand's back in the goal crease last season. He's a good, skilled player that won't take shit from anyone.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
What's your opinion on Chytil? Really think he can turn into a great player but I don't see him fitting with anyone. He always seems to be doing his own thing.
He needs to just keep it simple, in my mind. When he is carrying the puck and shielding it with his body to generate the forecheck and cycle the puck back to the points, he is effective. When he tries the straight line dangle through 2 defenders, he is not effective

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

I think he’s going to be a very good player, albeit a somewhat frustrating one that feels like he’s capable of more.

I’d take him as a solid second line center, or a 1A/B type in the right environment.

I’ve always felt that I like him, but not quite as much as some.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm not disagreeing at all - I just hate that Buch is most likely going to go when he is more of what this team needs. I can't see Zibanejad or Strome doing what he did last night when Mantha was harassing him - or as another example the crosscheck to Marchand's back in the goal crease last season. He's a good, skilled player that won't take shit from anyone.

Unfortunately he’s also due for a contract and the shift to Kakko and Kravtsov creates a bit of a jam and a need to fill other areas.

But you gotta get something good for him. You can botch that one.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Panarin, Fox, Laf, Kakko, Lindgren, Shesty, Buch are my keepers in order. Anyone else can be moved IMO. Not saying I want them gone or whatever, just that they can.
I want to keep Laff, Kakko, Krav, Chytil, Miller, etc, yet if not for their draft position and promise of possibly breaking out, I'm not sure I see a path beyond the one Buch took which basically means by the time they do real stuff they are apparently on their way out. Panarin is here, Trouba, Kreider too, unless I am attaching positive assets to them and they waive their clauses.

And if the owner is really set on making the playoffs, which I can't say he is totally wrong, after all ~half the teams make them, I also need vets, and the dumb contracts, youth blocking potential, that comes with them to satisfy that mission.

I am not upset they changed management, not even all that mad at coaching, more so the whole situation kind of sucks. I blame the non commitment to a total rebuild, it started with the Panarin signing, and they went for some sort to of hybrid rebuild where the older and younger has a 8-10 year difference in age.

Anyway, rant over for tonight I hope, I find this situation caused by many parties, ownership, GMs (Sather included) a non committal to any singular direction... Argh

Reactions: LokiDog

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Everyone's trying. They're insanely overmatched, unless you think Gettinger and Marchand are of similar skill levels.

This is a defeated team right now - all around. And it’s an overmatched team missing some key personnel. This game was over before it started.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Isles are not that good and Sullivan is just as good as Trotz. I don't think they win one round and they certainly don't get out of the east. I think Washington, Pitt, and Boston are all better. The only team the Isles have beat in the last month are the Rangers. There is no covid pause to save them this year.
You're definitely not wrong and I don't think lightning strikes twice but just bringing it up because everyone predicted a win for the Pens 2 years ago. I know it sounds cliche but as long as the Pens don't play from behind they should be ok.
Also think the Pens have a bit more speed with the addition of Kapanen

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
This is a defeated team right now - all around. And it’s an overmatched team missing some key personnel. This game was over before it started.

It's 1/2 of a mediocre NHL team against a Cup contender.

The Vegas line must have been enormous, if it wasn't off the board.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I wonder if we had a non-AHL lineup when we got bent over and abused over and over and over again against an anemic islanders team?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
You're definitely not wrong and I don't think lightning strikes twice but just bringing it up because everyone predicted a win for the Pens 2 years ago. I know it sounds cliche but as long as the Pens don't play from behind they should be ok.
Also think the Pens have a bit more speed with the addition of Kapanen
But no Hornqvist, who was a playoff warrior for them

Reactions: bl02

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I want to keep Laff, Kakko, Krav, Chytil, Miller, etc, yet if not for their draft position and promise of possibly breaking out, I'm not sure I see a path beyond the one Buch took which basically means by the time they do real stuff they are apparently on their way out. Panarin is here, Trouba, Kreider too, unless I am attaching positive assets to them and they waive their clauses.

And if the owner is really set on making the playoffs, which I can't say he is totally wrong, after all ~half the teams make them, I also need vets, and the dumb contracts, youth blocking potential, that comes with them to satisfy that mission.

I am not upset they changed management, not even all that mad at coaching, more so the whole situation kind of sucks. I blame the non commitment to a total rebuild, it started with the Panarin signing, and they went for some sort to of hybrid rebuild where the older and younger has a 8-10 year difference in age.

Anyway, rant over for tonight I hope, I find this situation caused by many parties, ownership, GMs (Sather included) a non committal to any singular direction... Argh

It is so much this. And while Trouba’s contract is bad and he hasn’t been close to an 8M Dman, his age is okay and he still provides something. Panarin is obviously a once in a blue moon talent who seems to have plenty in the tank and plays a game that should age well. I can see not passing on that. But giving Kreider a retirement contract at his age relative to where the team was at was just a terrible decision. And he has rewarded us by cashing in on Panarin centering feeds on the PP and being utterly invisible in both production AND effort everywhere else.

Reactions: Off Sides

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Quinn is right about Miller in this postgame--the Rangers definitely asked a lot of him at a very young age.

but miller is not learning at all. That is a problem. Every game at least one person gets behind him. Every god damn game.

he is the dman I would dangle for a top young center. I am seriously beginning to doubt he will wver hit full potential. His inability to learn this year, and actually keep getting worse is worrisome.
Hopefully a new coach can teach him. But he might be the defensive version of kreider. Great physical skills but not smart enough to make the most of them. A player who becomes very good but not elite and leaves u wanting more.

i also doubt he will ever develop a mean streak and use his body. He doesnt seem to have the killer instinct that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad