GDT: Game #55 Rangers @ Bruins 7pm ET May the 6ith

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
but miller is not learning at all. That is a problem. Every game at least one person gets behind him. Every god damn game.

he is the dman I would dangle for a top young center. I am seriously beginning to doubt he will wver hit full potential. His inability to learn this year, and actually keep getting worse is worrisome.
Hopefully a new coach can teach him. But he might be the defensive version of kreider. Great physical skills but not smart enough to make the most of them. A player who becomes very good but not elite and leaves u wanting more.

i also doubt he will ever develop a mean streak and use his body. He doesnt seem to have the killer instinct that way.
His reads are just poor. And he's probably exhausted. Pro season is taxing on kids. Not to mention losing Trouba really hurt his game.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
You really believe Quinn doesn't care?

I think he knows he is done, if Rangers wanted him they would have given him some hint. Of that coaching staff only Martin deserves to stay. Hire Gallant or Paul McLean and let them hire 2 assistants.

Reactions: pld459666

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
His reads are just poor. And he's probably exhausted. Pro season is taxing on kids. Not to mention losing Trouba really hurt his game.
His downfall started when trouba was still playing.

he isnt learning. And now he is playing with fox, who is extremely smart.
He just seems not to learn at all. He makes the same bad reads every game.

I think he actually is worse than hajek right now, but makes up for it bc of his raw ability.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I think he knows he is done, if Rangers wanted him they would have given him some hint. Of that coaching staff only Martin deserves to stay. Hire Gallant or Paul McLean and let them hire 2 assistants.

i think only allaire stays. I am a big believer in letting the coach choose his entire staff. Cant force Martin on a new coach. If the coach wants him great, if not then he goes too.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
i think only allaire stays. I am a big believer in letting the coach choose his entire staff. Cant force Martin on a new coach. If the coach wants him great, if not then he goes too.

most of the times when team fires coaches at least one guy remains. And Martin didn't really do anything wrong, our defense got better with him on board so I think he stays at least 1 more year.

Is Allaire actually still coaching our goalies? I feel like he is not, I haven't heard his name in a while.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I don't see it with Chytil personally. I think he will be a decent player but his game is so lacking outside the offensive zone. It could be the coaching, but he not a must keep for me, depending on how the situation at C unfolds. The Rangers have too many of these types that can skate but you question the if they really have the head for the game. I don't feel Chytil makes his line mates better, but he needs them to elevate his game.

Miller is another one. I always feel there is a potential mistake there. I think he will eventually be a good one, but I think Jones will be at least as good and be so faster. I'd keep Jones over Miller.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don't see it with Chytil personally. I think he will be a decent player but his game is so lacking outside the offensive zone. It could be the coaching, but he not a must keep for me, depending on how the situation at C unfolds. The Rangers have too many of these types that can skate but you question the if they really have the head for the game. I don't feel Chytil makes his line mates better, but he needs them to elevate his game.

Miller is another one. I always feel there is a potential mistake there. I think he will eventually be a good one, but I think Jones will be at least as good and be so faster. I'd keep Jones over Miller.
Chytil I've always been suspect on. You can't have a dumb center with limited playmaking ability in the top6, unless of course he's playing with Panarin... but even then, Panarin clicks with high IQ players. I still think he's built much better for wing.

KAM is an untouchable in my book. Jones, I'd trade easily ( with Robertson, Lundkvist and Schneider on the way )

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

I assume he's done except why didn't he leave during the purge?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
We didnt get a single scoring chance. Not one?

I'm surprised that they didn't lose by 10.

Look at all the missing Rangers and the AHL players that replaced them. Add in Miller playing one of the worst games a Rangers defenseman has ever played and you get what you saw.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
but miller is not learning at all. That is a problem. Every game at least one person gets behind him. Every god damn game.

he is the dman I would dangle for a top young center. I am seriously beginning to doubt he will wver hit full potential. His inability to learn this year, and actually keep getting worse is worrisome.
Hopefully a new coach can teach him. But he might be the defensive version of kreider. Great physical skills but not smart enough to make the most of them. A player who becomes very good but not elite and leaves u wanting more.

i also doubt he will ever develop a mean streak and use his body. He doesnt seem to have the killer instinct that way.

Big mistake. He did way more than he was expected to do. He just looks mentally and physically exhausted to me. You don't give up on a 6'5" 21yo defenseman who was playing 20 minutes a game in his rookie year. Especially this f'ed up year.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013

Dude. He's f***ing 21. Some of you are expecting miracles from rookies playing on a mediocre team with mediocre coaching with injuries to vets and/or vets absolutely sucking.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

Hate to say it but I'm starting to agree. I really do like Chytil and wouldn't mind keeping him but if he's part of a deal for a top center I wouldn't have an issue with it at this point. With you on Miller as well, especially with Jones and Robertson behind him, not to mention finding LD's who are decent enough isn't all that hard.

Reactions: CLW

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Big mistake. He did way more than he was expected to do. He just looks mentally and physically exhausted to me. You don't give up on a 6'5" 21yo defenseman who was playing 20 minutes a game in his rookie year. Especially this f'ed up year.
For sure. He’s not an untouchable for me, but he’s not a sell high either

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Dude. He's f***ing 21. Some of you are expecting miracles from rookies playing on a mediocre team with mediocre coaching with injuries to vets and/or vets absolutely sucking.

not a miracle, just growth. He has shown zero growth. Kakko, laff barron erc. All showed growth. He regressed. Big time.
He makes the same mistakes over and over. Hasnt learned at all.

He regressed his second year at Wisconsin too.

i just think he will top out as a good top 4 dman, but never an elite one.

I do think that his potential and raw ability would fetch a top young center or at least be the centerpiece. thats why i would trade high, but only if it brings back the coveted center.

he definitely needs to be in the ahl though. For at least half season next year.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
What the f***? I absolutely never said that. Don’t be an ass and try to mention me in some garbage like this.
You absolutely did. I distinctively remember this

you actually compared his shot to Ovi’s and we’re trying to argue in favor of that by posting a quote, and even tagged me in it. I’ll copy and paste it

““His one-timer from the right circle at this stage of his development is equal to that of Alex Ovechkin’s or Patrik Laine’s during their respective draft years.”

@Lays

here are more quotes from you

“His shot? That’s about as good as you are going to find. It’s been compared to Oveckins shot when he was 17”

“Have you watched his goals??? To say his shot is a weakness or anything less than WELL above average is odd. You dont break the record for goals as a rookie with with an average shot..and every scouting report talks about his amazing shot. So i’m not sure what you’re talking about”

here’s what I said about Kakko’s shot in response to you

“Every single one and I’ve also watched 20+ games. Kakko has a good shot but it’s not elite, or even very good. Just good

His shot placement and goal scoring around the net is incredible though”

to which you followed up with

“So i guess all the scouts are wrong.”

Took me 2 minutes to pull this up

Last edited:
Reactions: Ail and JCProdigy

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
not a miracle, just growth. He has shown zero growth. Kakko, laff barron erc. All showed growth. He regressed. Big time.
He makes the same mistakes over and over. Hasnt learned at all.

He regressed his second year at Wisconsin too.

i just think he will top out as a good top 4 dman, but never an elite one.

I do think that his potential and raw ability would fetch a top young center or at least be the centerpiece. thats why i would trade high, but only if it brings back the coveted center.

he definitely needs to be in the ahl though. For at least half season next year.

You're comparing KAM to a forward that has less points in his second year with the team than his first. And then to a forward, who in his first year, had been largely invisible for a #1 pick for the majority of the season. Then you say Barron has shown so much growth in his 4 games with the team with 1G/0A/-2. I mean, I guess you can ascertain player growth in 4 f***ing games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With fans like you, I do hope we trade away young players at the first signs of a tough season so they can grow in their prime years under better tutelage elsewhere just to spite the likes of you.. I mean, if this was the case, how many Rangers would we have dumped to the curb by now? Early in the season? Middle of the season?

Last edited:

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Did Mica play in the third or was he benched? I mean he really did not play in the first two periods with any meaningful minutes so it’s possible he just continued his Houdini act in the third but I really am not sure he played.

How convenient for Quinn that these last two games are in Boston! Maybe Drury can save him the flight back to NY and just can him now!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Literally just as Sam says “Miller has looked comfortable...”. You can’t script this stuff folks.

This is the problem with biased commentary. Well, more "polite commentary". Sam and Joe NEVER EVER say a player makes a mistake. It doesn't matter if it's a Ranger or an opponent. It's always "Unlucky bounce" or "Unfortunate".

When Staal had more turnovers than a bakery, it was always the same. Never his fault, always unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad