8469608.jpg
|
8469514.jpg

Notes and such:

Not much out there...

:eek:

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Cant believe we'll be standing in line in the rain again on Saturday..
Third time this year.
3 times in Arizona standing in the rain at GRA in one year is a sure sign of the apocolypse
Tonights game at 8:30 on tv for old people is another sign.

LETS GO YOTES!

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Cant believe we'll be standing in line in the rain again on Saturday..
Third time this year.
3 times in Arizona standing in the rain at GRA in one year is a sure sign of the apocolypse
Tonights game at 8:30 on tv for old people is another sign.

LETS GO YOTES!

Just out of curiosity, what's the point of being there when gates open? What do you do for a few hours before the game, or even warmups, start?

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Just out of curiosity, what's the point of being there when gates open? What do you do for a few hours before the game, or even warmups, start?

I don't think the gates open all that early relative to game start, do they? 60 minutes? 90?

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Looking through the GRA website, it says gates open 1 hour before puck drop.

While looking for this, I learned that if you promise not to drink alcohol, you can get a free soda.

• To encourage responsible drinking, Gila River Arena and LEVY RESTAURANTS participate in the Good Sport Designated Driver Program during hockey games. Guests over 21 years of age who sign a form promising not to consume alcoholic beverages will receive a coupon for a free non-alcoholic beverage. Designated Drivers can sign up at the Gate 3 Guest Services booth.

http://gilariverarena.com/faqs/

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Looks like McGinn is getting a non-requested day off, Chychrun still scratched, and we might have to have an emergency goalie as Domingue "left the ice early". All per McLellan.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I would much rather see Hanzal as a healthy scratch vs McGinn this game.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I would much rather see Hanzal as a healthy scratch vs McGinn this game.

Hidden sarcasm?:sarcasm:
If not....man are you crazy? It took Tippett almost the whole regular season to figure out that McGinn doesn't do what they got him for (physicality) and you blame Tippett for one of the best decisions he made this season?
Ok, to be fair...all the decisions he made lately I've been wanting for months, but still. Tippett really improved lately with for example finally rewarding Perlini/Dvorak or scratching Holland. Man, I was already excited to see McGinn wasn't out on that last PP in Calgary. Thought it would take Tippett at least another season to sit him...in fact I wasn't even sure him not being on the PP wasn't just a temporary thing.
The lineup we'll see tonight is probably almost the perfect one. The timing for the McGinn scratch is a little odd though. I'm all in to make him a permanent scratch...he's been turning over pucks all season long, he missed tons of chances and he's been really soft. But after playing so many games I'm really surprised the benching happens against LA and with Crouse out. I probably would have played him on the 4th line and told him to finally man up and hit/fight somebody. Not gonna complain, just a bit surprised about when the scratch happens.
Once we get Crouse back, put him on that 3rd with Rieder and Burmistrov and play Jooris between White and Martinook.

Why would you bench Hanzal anyway? He's been on fire lately. For him not to get hurt? Would put our season to bed but would surely help in terms of negotiations. It would be nice to keep him around.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If we can find a way to lose McGinn in the expansion draft, that would be great. We have much more talented options at LW and he hasn't looked good at RW imo.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Hidden sarcasm?:sarcasm:
If not....man are you crazy? It took Tippett almost the whole regular season to figure out that McGinn doesn't do what they got him for (physicality) and you blame Tippett for one of the best decisions he made this season?
Ok, to be fair...all the decisions he made lately I've been wanting for months, but still. Tippett really improved lately with for example finally rewarding Perlini/Dvorak or scratching Holland. Man, I was already excited to see McGinn wasn't out on that last PP in Calgary. Thought it would take Tippett at least another season to sit him...in fact I wasn't even sure him not being on the PP wasn't just a temporary thing.
The lineup we'll see tonight is probably almost the perfect one. The timing for the McGinn scratch is a little odd though. I'm all in to make him a permanent scratch...he's been turning over pucks all season long, he missed tons of chances and he's been really soft. But after playing so many games I'm really surprised the benching happens against LA and with Crouse out. I probably would have played him on the 4th line and told him to finally man up and hit/fight somebody. Not gonna complain, just a bit surprised about when the scratch happens.
Once we get Crouse back, put him on that 3rd with Rieder and Burmistrov and play Jooris between White and Martinook.

Why would you bench Hanzal anyway? He's been on fire lately. For him not to get hurt? Would put our season to bed but would surely help in terms of negotiations. It would be nice to keep him around.

The idea is probably to keep him healthy so he can be traded. Otherwise I have no idea.

It's nice to see a veteran held accountable, McGinn for a while was playing very physically and pissing opponents off, after the first quarter of the season he hasn't as much. I have missed some games and periods this year, but unless he's picking only those games or periods I've missed to play like that recently he needs to get back that feistiness or he's not very useful.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
As expected

C40-Mw2UMAACKbX.jpg

Too bad Crouse is out. I dislike Martinook at center but on the 4th line Crouse-Martinook-White looks a lot better.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If we can find a way to lose McGinn in the expansion draft, that would be great. We have much more talented options at LW and he hasn't looked good at RW imo.

That was probably the plan and they reason why the kept him in the lineup for so long.
Don't think it's gonna work though His contract sucks and Vegas has better options to take (Schenn for example). Mentioned it in another thread...maybe if add something, they take McGinn. Not sure though. They have to mind the cap more than anyone.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Too bad Crouse is out. I dislike Martinook at center but on the 4th line Crouse-Martinook-White looks a lot better.

Sure does. I hope Crouse is gonna get a chance alongside Rieder and Burmistrov though. Let Jooris center Martinook and White.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Domingue declared day to day with lower body injury.

Marek Langhamer called up on emergency basis to back up Smith tonight.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Can the PP do anything? Stay tuned to find out.

Holland in the lineup is one thing but the PP though? :eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad