GDT: Game 55: Coyotes @ Kings - 8:30 PM - FSAZ

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I mean seriously, Tippett? Seems like he really doesn't want to put Rieder on the PP.
Good goal by Perlini, but man. Holland on the PP? Really?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Matt blew the call but I think we're getting an advantage here with the Kings coming off their extended time off.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Great job by Tippett to lull them to sleep with Holland then send out a line with an actual chance to score.

Yeah, sneaky plan by Tippett. Or, as Nash likes to say, best bench coach in the NHL:yo:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Perlini had been in a scoring drought but IMO his play was basically fine over that stretch for the most part. He made a lot of moves very similar to the one he scored on just there but the puck just didn't go in for one reason or another.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Better get a third or fourth here, this is exactly the kind of lead the Coyotes have surrendered lately.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
No Holland or Jooris on the PP there. That's why it wasn't successful. :sarcasm:

Yeah. Tippett made us look very stupid by not putting Holland out there during the 2nd PP. Now he can claim that he really used Holland to fool LA:sarcasm:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Stone made the wrong turn on that one, could see it coming.

But most of the other LA shots have been pretty harmless otherwise

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I like how Perlini just takes it on. Doesn't care if there's 4 players in the slot trying to stop him, he'll go there anyway.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This organ version of Crazy Train sucks.

And yeah we could use a couple Perlini clones. Preferably a C and RW version.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
Man the more I watch Pearls and Dvo lately the more excited I get. The progression Dvo has made since his first game blows my mind. I really think he has 1st line potential. May never be a ppg player but a 60 point center that is good at everything is a first line center. Like a mix of krejci and Bergeron. Some of you might think I'm crazy but if he wasn't hurt prior to the draft and was a first rounder, he would have always been labeled a #1 center.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
If only Burmi learned that he can look somewhere else besides the point. Dvo wide open in the corner with no one around him.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I was totally joking I should have put the face lol sorry. Total stab at Tippett not you.

I figured as much, figured I'd give ya the business anyway.

On another note just about everyone was bad that period except Smith :damnpc:

But they got through it I guess so there's that. Probably not gonna survive another 20 min that way.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
I think Doan needs to be paired back up with Martinook. I think there games compliment each other. We love you Doaner but you just can't hang with skilled linemates. I think it would spark Martinook because he seemed far more impressive to me last year. Could be the notorious sophomore slump or could be being forced to adjust to C some games.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Better period so far, puck is at least going up and down 200 ft and a few good chances off the rush

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
This kind of hockey is just atrocious to watch. We have completely shut down since the half way point of the second. It's like ****en clockwork, get lead, coaches tell everyone to sit back, we lose lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad