GDT: Game # 54 - Cinco de Mayo - Rangers vs Capitals - 7pm - NBCSN

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Haha, I did. Can't remember who either. Dave Schultz maybe ?
No.
Not Schultz for sure.
Guy played for the Black Hawks when Gilles Thumped him.
You could see how jacked Gilles was.
God I wish just Fing once the Rangers could have a player like that.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Chytil didn't play juniors. So I don't get that one. He played in the AHL, and while Savard had better AHL numbers, he was also a full two years older than Chytil when he started playing in the A.

I don't think too many pieces are untouchable (in my head, there are 4, maybe 5, and Chytil isn't on the list). But I also don't think he's a player who you move just to make a change, either. He's still got a ton of potential, we wouldn't get much back for him as he sits today, and he plays a position where there is almost no organizational depth.
As stated multiple times...

1) Chytil would only be moved in a package for a proven player...not a Jamie Lundmark question mark.

2) Chytil is hardly a center. This push by some here needs to end. The statistics are very against him to be a center, his play and hockey IQ are as well. He would be better suited for the wing with less responsibility. And we have plenty of those.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
We deserve a clean slate sooner rather than later. Just can the coaching staff and release us from having to even wait for it.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
We’re really not lmao
We really are. Lost most of the fights, stopped playing physical after the first 10 minutes, and got outshot by 14. We literally fired our GM and President over Tom Wilson and he ended up winning his fight and scoring the ENG against us last night. We’re absolutely the Caps bitches now and I hate every second of it

I’m f***ing tired of these pushovers who can never show up

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
And now we’re the Caps bitches and the laughingstock of the league. f*** this team
The Caps are currently the laughing stock of the league. Look around, it's everyone vs them and that fan base continues to mouth off like they are some kind of dynasty after 1 cup.

Reactions: egelband

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
No.
Not Schultz for sure.
Guy played for the Black Hawks when Gilles Thumped him.
You could see how jacked Gilles was.
God I wish just Fing once the Rangers could have a player like that.
Behn Wilson.

Nystrom was afraid of Glen Cochrane.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
A Brutal few days for the Rangers.

Being exposed as a relentlessly soft team is...just hard.

Massive shake up with likely much more on the way.

This summer will be interesting to say the least.

Context: The team is in the middle of a rebuild. To blow it up and start again, what's the point with that? What's the new GM going to do differently from what Gorton was planning to do anyway? Trade the kids?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Honestly, this game was just a reminder of how they have taken a step back after making such progress this season, and now with the management change, who knows what will happen. They really miss Panarin, Trouba, Lindgren, and Kreider in this line up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad