GDT: Game # 54 - Cinco de Mayo - Rangers vs Capitals - 7pm - NBCSN

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Honestly, I was happy with this.

They did everything they could.

And that's why I don't believe in deterrence and why it's ultimately down to the league to be responsible, which they obviously weren't. Because at the end of the day, what can you actually do? We had what 7(?) fights and Buchnevich made, honestly, one of the dirtiest players of the year (which I'm fine with).

None of it materially accomplishes anything and none of it will stop Wilson from being who he is or the Caps from being who they are.

I’d wager Lavi told Wilson to just sit the rest and there’s no “upper body injury” or the league called down to WSH locker room and “suggested it”. Either way, if he’d played he’d have been having a field day being a dirt bag every shift possible. There’s no deterrent for a guy like Wilson.

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
Honestly, I was happy with this.

They did everything they could.

And that's why I don't believe in deterrence and why it's ultimately down to the league to be responsible, which they obviously weren't. Because at the end of the day, what can you actually do? We had what 7(?) fights and Buchnevich made, honestly, one of the dirtiest players of the year (which I'm fine with).

None of it materially accomplishes anything and none of it will stop Wilson from being who he is or the Caps from being who they are.

6 fights, plus two that were stopped before they started in one way or another (Barron/Oshie and Buch/Mantha)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Who didn't see that coming?
what does the coach actually coach during the the 6 on 5? like a bunch of chickens with no heads running around

Reactions: LokiDog

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
One of the best youtube videos Ive watched is Gilles recalling how Nystrom helped him to get psyched up to go after a guy (forget who) that he was afraid of.

Then he went out and kicked the guys ass.

Great story. Go watch it.
Haha, I did. Can't remember who either. Dave Schultz maybe ?

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Feel real bad for Oshie and he played a good game.

But, he doesn't get a pass from me after running Barron and being fit enough to talk shit.

He's another weasel POS

Reactions: STHLM

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
WHY KEEP DUMPING THE PUCK WHEN YOU CAN NEVER RECOVER IT. YOU HAVE AN EXTRA MAN ON THE ICE.

Ugh. f***ing done. See you in the offseason peeps.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Most important game of the season?

they’re eliminated from the playoffs and half the starters are injured.

how on earth is this the most important game of the year?
To show we aren’t pushovers. All we did was get some fights out of the way because we had to and completely stopped playing physical

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad