Post-Game Talk: GAME #54: Capitals def. Canucks - 3-2 (Granlund, Pettersson)

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
well the positives are that Canucks look quite good these past two games, if they continue to play like this, they will win more games than lose.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Not an argument.

Yes it is. This helicopter fan parenting is ridiculous. Unless a player is going to be affected long term by playing through an injury, or his play is so significantly affected where he contributes less than a replacement player, he plays. What good does it to to baby a player?

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Th
well the positives are that Canucks look quite good these past two games, if they continue to play like this, they will win more games than lose.

This Canucks team if healthy could win a round against Calgary guaranteed and any top seed except for maybe Winnipeg or Nashville.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Yes it is. This helicopter fan parenting is ridiculous. Unless a player is going to be affected long term by playing through an injury, or his play is so significantly affected where he contributes less than a replacement player, he plays. What good does it to to baby a player?
What good does it do to let your rookie franchise player play through injury and potentially make it worse? This isn't some grinder or insignificant player. If 'babying' him in his rookie season is what you call it, then you 'baby' him. He's still slight for his height, and clearly injury prone at this stage of his career, so why even risk making things worse?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
What good does it do to let your rookie franchise player play through injury and potentially make it worse? This isn't some grinder or insignificant player. If 'babying' him in his rookie season is what you call it, then you 'baby' him. He's still slight for his height, and clearly injury prone at this stage of his career, so why even risk making things worse?

It's almost as if a lot of injuries don't get worse by playing through them, and medical professionals can make these types of calls, and should make these types of calls instead of fans with literally no information on the situation other than he's playing through something bothering him. He's going to have to learn to battle through things throughout a long season. I've never heard anyone make these types of arguments about any rookie before until this season. It's completely absurd.

Reactions: DarrenX

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Why do average goalies always play lights out when they face us? Or do we just make every opposing netminder look like Vezina candidates?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It's almost as if a lot of injuries don't get worse by playing through them, and medical professionals can make these types of calls, and should make these types of calls instead of fans with literally no information on the situation other than he's playing through something bothering him. He's going to have to learn to battle through things throughout a long season. I've never heard anyone make these types of arguments about any rookie before until this season. It's completely absurd.
You don't see how the team being around a playoff spot might choose to let their best player and star rookie play through an injury just so they can try and stay in that playoff spot? That's the core of the issue here. I bet you if the team had no chance of the playoffs, he wouldn't be having to play through an injury. If it was negligible, it wouldn't have been found out about or reported on. Use some critical thinking, bud.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
You don't see how the team being around a playoff spot might choose to let their best player and star rookie play through an injury just so they can try and stay in that playoff spot? That's the core of the issue here. I bet you if the team had no chance of the playoffs, he wouldn't be having to play through an injury. If it was negligible, it wouldn't have been found out about or reported on. Use some critical thinking, bud.
This is funny

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Why do average goalies always play lights out when they face us? Or do we just make every opposing netminder look like Vezina candidates?

This is an example of negativity bias. Colorado’s goalie played bad against us a couple games ago but we don’t remember that do we?

Reactions: Pip

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Petey's new uniform, confirmed

0I0A0368.CR2.p.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad