Post-Game Talk: GAME #54: Capitals def. Canucks - 3-2 (Granlund, Pettersson)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
PtkXROb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Canucks are the perfect remedy for any slumping playoff team. Expect the Caps to light us up.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
D corps is gonna be hard to watch without Edler.

With a suspected increase in icetime tonight what's the over under on how many times Real Gud:

(1) sends a pass right up the gut to be intercepted despite having no pressure on him

guddy-turonver.gif

(2) loses a board battle despite seemingly having position to win the battle

(3) is on the ice flailing after getting walked or blowing his coverage

(4) has an unforced icing

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I need to look into it, but that's got to be one of the worst defensive units in franchise history. Holy crap.

Also, Schaller sucks and I enjoy laughing at our ~$12M fourth line. Good job all around.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
So the Canucks are Markstrom tweaking his groin in warmup away from having Mike Dipietro be their starter? Doesn't look great on the organization to not have an adequate 3rd stringer available tbh.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
So the Canucks are Markstrom tweaking his groin in warmup away from having Mike Dipietro be their starter? Doesn't look great on the organization to not have an adequate 3rd stringer available tbh.

you realize no real team has an adequate third stringer goaltender that isn't a prospect.

Anyways, this game is going to be tough and I feel like these two points will either boost Canucks morale or destroy it.

Reactions: lousy

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I would love dipietro getting the start
Just for the fun canucks spectacle

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Losing Edler never bodes well for the Canucks..The record without him in the lineup speaks for itself..However,it was nice to have the entire team healthy for a week or so....but to expect that to continue is unrealistic.

If the Canucks have any hope of winning tonight, they have to play the full 60 (that wasn't the case yesterday)..

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
you realize no real team has an adequate third stringer goaltender that isn't a prospect.

Anyways, this game is going to be tough and I feel like these two points will either boost Canucks morale or destroy it.

Well yeah except those prospects are usually in the AHL not the OHL

I mean I’ll cut some slack because I don’t think many people woulda bet on McKenna getting claimed but it’s quite funny it ended up this way, and now they’re trying to downplay it as a “pre-caution”

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I've only watched like 2 Utica games this year but I refuse to believe that Brisebois is a worse option than Pouliot.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Vancouver has to stop telegraphing plays to Petterssons stick and just let him set up the play and then draw an extra defender to him leavin Boeser or someone else open. Too often they make it so clear the puck is going back to Pettersson after Ep40 dishes it off that defenders can cover

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well yeah except those prospects are usually in the AHL not the OHL

I mean I’ll cut some slack because I don’t think many people woulda bet on McKenna getting claimed but it’s quite funny it ended up this way, and now they’re trying to downplay it as a “pre-caution”
With storlarz getting the start the other game and Hart against Vancouver where is MCKenna? Wouldn’t Philly have needed to make a move?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad