Post-Game Talk: GAME #54: Capitals def. Canucks - 3-2 (Granlund, Pettersson)

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I have a feeling that Pettersson is still recovering from his injury, reading from his diagnosis, it did say it can take up to 6 weeks to be fully healed.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
And to think for years this fanbase, including posters here, have been claiming he's bad and advocating dumping him for whatever we could get for him.

It's interesting that Tanev went from the unsung hero that first Canucks fans didn't notice followed by the media not catching on, to the point I remember an article about the worst contracts in the NHL including Tanev, has gone on to eclipse Edler as the player taking all the praise for their effective play as a pairing.
Edler’s biggest weakness is his lack of vision on PP1
Tanev...well, the guy has almost zero offensive game in him

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
finally a good call from the ref. I was amazed how those players weren't called yesterday when the stick was being blatantly held.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Petterssons passing doesnt seem as good as it was earlier in the year

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Edler’s biggest weakness is his lack of vision on PP1
Tanev...well, the guy has almost zero offensive game in him

He's also a bit Jekyll and Hyde. He has nights where he looks awful, followed by nights where he plays 27 minutes and looks like a #1. Most of the time though he's just quietly steady and shuts down the other team. It's one of those things where you don't notice all the little things he does right but pick up every mistake he makes.

A large part of it is that people expect him to put up points as he used to be a 40+ pt guy when he was 22-25, but he transitioned into more of a defensive guy so all people fixate on his lack of production.

Reactions: hellstick

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
that was an extremely weak PP considering they won the face off and had every opportunity to hold the puck.

I don't think Horvat is effective down low, he just doesn't have the play making ability to execute there.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Canucks just have very little depth on D. I predict we'll overplay Tanev and he's gonna get hurt. Cause that's what happens. I think any playoff chances fell dramatically with Edler's injury.

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
You'd think they bought tickets to watch OV damn just skate on.pp

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I took Edler for granted. I always knew he was in our top 2, but our defence is dog chow so far without him. Not that it was even good before.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Good for Beags, getting some recognition

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks just have very little depth on D. I predict we'll overplay Tanev and he's gonna get hurt. Cause that's what happens. I think any playoff chances fell dramatically with Edler's injury.
Depends on how long Edler is out...but yeah, if Tanev goes down..game over

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Capitals rink is really quiet, kinda like Rogers Arena at times. Although Rogers Arena has been slightly louder recently IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad