GDT: Game 54: Avalanche @ Islanders | 11 AM MT | February 9, 1996 | Fishin' for Wins

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm just about to jump in "we need a new coach" bandwagon. Realllllllly close.
Honestly what else does it take for people, aside from a season where his top line carried him to the playoffs he's a losing coach. His overall record with even with the winning season is bad.

Reactions: klozge

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I dont think Rantanen and MacKinnon are gonna reach the 90 points which is gonna be such a shame. They were on a crazy pace but....oh well, just such a waste
They would have to suck pretty bad to not score 15 points in the final 27 games lol even since we started sucking, They are around a point per game.

I know things aren't going well, but let's be realistic.

Reactions: MacBradley

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Honestly what else does it take for people, aside from a season where his top line carried him to the playoffs he's a losing coach. His overall record with even with the winning season is bad.

Most of them only watch the Avs, they don't know what good hockey looks like. Loser fans with Stockholm Syndrome to a loser coaching and mgmt group.

Mostly the same group that goes "did Roy/Bednar tell him to make that turnover".

Reactions: Mules

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Is it really a coincidence that Barrie is on the ice for every OT goal? Failed to pick his man up at the end again.

Nope. Not coincidence. He is atrocious defensively and has cost us games all year.

Sakic better be making calls to get him off this team..

Reactions: R2daV and Mules

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Landy had a rough rough game. This one is not on the goalie. That's on him. He lost us the game with a very bad offensive play (not shooting on an empty net) and one very bad defensive play on NYI third goal. The top line was really bad tonight. Doesn't have anything to do about being shut down by their checking line.

Kerfoot was bad tonight as well but props to the 3rd line they were our best line by a mile.

Barrie bad again in OT. Very bad decision by Girard to shoot that puck in OT while NYI were very tired.

Now the good stuff:

Varly was much better tonight. Very good game overall although it would have been nice to get a save in OT to bail Barrie out.

It sucks they lost in OT again but I'm pleased with the change in the lines. Mack and Barrie were finally split like I asked after the last game. The lines were much more balanced with offensive and more defensive players on each ones. And look at that...we had our best OT this season.

After the last game I also commented that they needed to be smarter on their line changes in OT and they needed to change more while in possession of the puck. Landy did just that but unfortunately Girard didn't take advantage of that as he decided to shoot the puck right in Lehner's chest. These guys were so tired. Too bad we couldn't take advantage of that. At least it was a much improved puck management in OT. Little steps I guess.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Landy had a rough rough game. This one is not on the goalie. That's on him. He lost us the game with a very bad offensive play (not shooting on an empty net) and one very bad defensive play on NYI third goal. The top line was really bad tonight. Doesn't have anything to do about being shut down by their checking line.

Had a bad turnover on the breakout 30 seconds into the game too, which led to a dangerous scoring chance Varly had to make a big save on. Yet another sloppy start for the team.

I'll give him a pass though. He's probably been the Avs most consistent player all year and worked his tail off. Might be the first off game he's had this year.

He's played a ton of hockey since coming back from the All Star game too. He was probably a bit worn out for this one. Especially with the kind of tough physical minutes he plays.

Landy's ice time the last 4 games in 8 days:

21:20
23:32
21:07
21:59

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm just immune to the Avs sucking. At first I hated it, like in November, but once again .. They chipped away at my hope and optimism. Get the good picks, ship off Barrie, EJ, MacKinnon, f***in whatever. I just want this team to become a legit organization for once since the late 90s/early 2000s.

Reactions: S E P H

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The tank train keeps on rolling. I hope the Avs continue their streak of being the worst team in the league, should force the team to make some changes plus the draft would be beatiful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad