GDT: Game 54: Avalanche @ Islanders | 11 AM MT | February 9, 1996 | Fishin' for Wins

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I just knew we wouldn’t get the key save in overtime.

All over them, Islanders come down once and score.

Punch in the f***ing gut.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Barrie needs to stay on the bench if we go to another OT this year. I'm starting to believe the meme that he's just another forward.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
The only OT we've won this was when we had a powerplay 4 on 3. We lost out on a potential 10 extra points so far and yet still in the playoff picture.
Do the points really matter? Even if this team some how sneaks into to the playoffs it's not going to do anything there. They havent won two consecutive games since November.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How the Islanders got only one penalty called on them and that was a too many men penalty is quite remarkable. The amount of hacking, whacking, and just out right holding was mindblowing.

Avs obviously don't have any defencive IQ in 3v3, it's like they have ADHD and didn't display any calmness under pressure. Not ONE islanders player broke his man coverage and that was when they were undeniably tired. Barrie can't go twenty seconds before going into puppy mode and finding a new toy. Awful, but I don't think there was a lot of wrong in this game - just gotta keep building the confidence more considering how low it is now.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I just knew we wouldn’t get the key save in overtime.

All over them, Islanders come down once and score.

Punch in the ****ing gut.
Not sure how Varly is supposed to save a point blank onetime slapper from 15-20 ft out, because Barrie can't seem to remember how to take a away a pass.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Varly was great today, we still didn't look much better. I suppose we did get a point, but it's clear that goaltending isn't the only problem.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Islanders are a scrappy hard working team.

But, they get away with a lot of shit and will get bounced in the first round.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
How the Islanders got only one penalty called on them and that was a too many men penalty is quite remarkable. The amount of hacking, whacking, and just out right holding was mindblowing.

Avs obviously don't have any defencive IQ in 3v3, it's like they have ADHD and didn't display any calmness under pressure. Not ONE islanders player broke his man coverage and that was when they were undeniably tired. Barrie can't go twenty seconds before going into puppy mode and finding a new toy. Awful, but I don't think there was a lot of wrong in this game - just gotta keep building the confidence more considering how low it is now.
Refs were not our friends tonight. Very poorly reffed game, lots of missed stuff.

Reactions: S E P H

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Next year. Cale Makar changes OT for this team.

Reactions: S E P H

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That was bad. Avs look completely deflated. That was probably the worst game I’ve seen them play this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad