GDT: Game 53: Bruins @ Oilers - 8 PM - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This is why puck drop should be no later than 8:04. Do all the anthems and crap before 8:00. Nobody cares about watching them on a TV broadcast. So dumb.

I think there is utility in starting slightly after the posted start time for no reason than accommodating the significant number of people that struggle to get anywhere on time in 2024, especially for 7pm weeknight games that are legitimate time crunches to get to for some.

It's annoying as f*** having a stream of people getting to their seats after the game has started, this at least helps that a bit. It's similar principle to telling the friend that is always late that your party starts 30 mins before it actually does.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He was the actor in that Curious Case of Benjamin Button move, right? ;)

edit - Sorry, I couldn’t help myself…
I have faith in the board that somebody would take me up on that. i didn't say what age of Brad Pitt I would look like presently...;)

But my wife will swear that at one time I had those boyish Brad Pitt looks. Oh how time flies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Nice work on the GDT as usual, @Morpheus.

We just received our replacement star link for our camp, so hopefully I’ll be able to join you folks after work tonight sometime in the 2nd.
IMG_6145.png

Edit:
Wow! I see what people are talking about. It’s a multi step process to load even a basic image here now.
IMG_6144.png

Last edited:

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Oilers have played well against the bruins of late. Plus they have been in a bit of a funk. Winnable game for the Oil tonight if they play a full 60.

10pm game... Yuck. Will have to watch this one tomorrow. Enjoy.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
"Hide the light under a bushel."

Last season down the stretch the Oilers went uber nuts featuring and showcasing their setplays, scoring etc.

I'm more than fine with the club holding it back this year and saving it for later.

As I said in PGT the Oilers just showing up in third was basically conservation of energy. Good enough to be able to do it against a non playoff club.

I liked the habs before Oilers.

Fight me. haha

Lots of Bruins tears at hands of the Habs.

I'll never forget the Ken Dryden rookie playoffs. Guy played only 6 regular season games and then stoned the league in the playoffs. With the Habs getting by BOTH Bruins and Hawks. Teams that could score.

Esposito called Dryden "that damn giraffe"

Jesus. We are the same!!
Do you remember when they measured Drydens pads and he got a penalty? I cried and cried! What a candy ass!!

I'm youngest of 7 and for whatever reason, the Habs were my team even ghough everyone cheered for the Leafs. Habs until the Oilers. Guess we knew better than most huh?!!

Reactions: RattsSSV

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
It's literally being called goal of the year. It was a beauty.... I don't know what else he wants haha

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
im considering sending letters from the east coast to the oilers head office with the envelope stuffed with fish guts for every time they let a game be scheduled after 745mst. eventually graduate to rotten salmon and dead whale carcasses

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Tonight could be the night Conna Brown scores.... I could also win the 6/49.

He better not have any embarassing back checks like the one in Dallas

He should be hustling like his career is on the line with having no production

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Favorite team vs my favorite team when I was young. I haven’t missed too many Bruins Oilers games at home over the years. Always circled on my calendar.

Fearless Prediction; Oilers 3 Bruins 2 in OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOvertime
Same here , was cheering for the Big Bad Bruins before the Oilers came into the NHL. A class organization. Was just given a signed framed picture, of #4 's flying goal, for my Bday. Awesome really.

I'll go with Oilers 5-4 in OOOOOOOOOOOOOvertime haha

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I think there is utility in starting slightly after the posted start time for no reason than accommodating the significant number of people that struggle to get anywhere on time in 2024, especially for 7pm weeknight games that are legitimate time crunches to get to for some.

It's annoying as f*** having a stream of people getting to their seats after the game has started, this at least helps that a bit. It's similar principle to telling the friend that is always late that your party starts 30 mins before it actually does.

These people need to plan better.

Just like my sister who doesn't tell us until like 2 hours before a function if she is gonna she can make it or not.

It's not like you (not you but....people....but not you people cause well.....fine f*** I don't care....YOU PEOPLE! cancel me ;)) weren't aware of the start time that was established months before the game.

And bingo to the bolded. I have ruined so many dinners cooking for people telling them we are eating at such and such time.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Same here , was cheering for the Big Bad Bruins before the Oilers came into the NHL. A class organization. Was just given a signed framed picture, of #4 's flying goal, for my Bday. Awesome really.

I'll go with Oilers 5-4 in OOOOOOOOOOOOOvertime haha

Still crazy to think that my dad's best man's dad is immortalized in that photo.

I guess Glenn asked Bobby one time "didn't you ever score any other goals?!" lol

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Looking at Zacha. What an improvement. 2.5 years ago there was talk about Pulju for Zacha. Now Zacha a 2C on Boston too

Reactions: Gordy Elbows
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad