Post-Game Talk: GAME 53 - 40 wins with 29 games remaining - BRUINS 3 Dallas 2 F/OT

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Incredible Bruins could win a game where they were so owned on faceoffs. Bergy only 9-21, but Krejci, Coyle & Frederic combined for 3-27.

Zacha turned into Mark Messier late.

Ullmark was huge in OT.

Lindholm looked like the great player he was earlier in the season.

Hall scores, time for a hot steak.

Marchand & Bergeron starting to be worrisome.

Lindholm and Grzelcyk now one & two in the league in plus/minus.

Given the competition, that may have been Lindholm best game in a Boston uniform so far. Even the Pittsburgh game he was really shaky early. Last night he was all over the ice in a dominant fashion. Was best dman on the ice.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
What was the shenanigans about around the 10 minute mark in the 3rd period when Krejci was at the dot in the offensive zone. Was it something he did or the Stars center, or the linesman? But it basically was a free timeout/breather. It was right after Zacha tied the game.

Rewatching the 3rd on fubo right now. Noticed it last night too but I was falling asleep at that point.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

There's got to be more to this.

I've never seen the Bruins, especially with Bergeron, dominated so badly on the dot.

That's legit like zebra is dropping the pick without a player in the dot bad

Yeah there had to be something going on. No team, even without Bergeron should lose that many faceoffs.

Reactions: Gordoff

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Yeah there had to be something going on. No team, even without Bergeron should lose that many faceoffs.
The previous game against Washington, he was at 65 percent on faceoffs, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
The previous game against Dallas, the team was at 52 percent overall, so again just one game.
We will see if this is a concern, if it continues to happen.
The key is they won, so next game is up in Nashville.
LET'S GO BRUINS!

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
amazing

That's why I'm not opposed to Gavrikov at say a 1st (but just that). If you wind up facing Edmonton or Toronto or teams like that, your PK is just a beast. You'd dress your pairings a bit different imho.
no argument here

The previous game against Washington, he was at 65 percent on faceoffs, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
The previous game against Dallas, the team was at 52 percent overall, so again just one game.
We will see if this is a concern, if it continues to happen.
The key is they won, so next game is up in Nashville.
LET'S GO BRUINS!
whole team was putrid vs the Stars, was really odd to see

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Actually Tampa hammered him, but then he was 50% or higher against FLA and Carolina, then 68% against TOR and 65% against WAS.
35% vs Tampa and Carolina 50% Florida 51.9% My bad thought it was alot worse.Regardless his play needs to improve by eye test The team could use a bit more offense from him. Hopefully Debrusk adds a bump to that line.Monty said his speed drives it

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I expect Bergeron back for sure if they don't win The Cup. If they do, he may retire.

Even if they win a cup I think it comes back. You'll be able to ice most of the same team and try to repeat, along with it be the teams 100th season. Personally I could see Bergeron playing 2 more years, which lines up with when Brad's deal expires and the both retire together.

Reactions: bruinshoper and BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Even if they win a cup I think it comes back. You'll be able to ice most of the same team and try to repeat, along with it be the teams 100th season. Personally I could see Bergeron playing 2 more years, which lines up with when Brad's deal expires and the both retire together.
I hope you are right about Bergy. I can't see Marchy retiring with Bergy in 2 years though. He's 2 years younger than Bergy and seems like he could still get a pretty decent contract even when he gets to Bergy's age. Marchy never got the big contract commensurate with his production. Won't shock me if he ends up staying and continuing to be productive in his mid-late 30s, much like Pavelski.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
At first glance you'd think that was the players, not the brothers lol

20230215_112704.jpg

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I think Backstrom and Carlson are better passers than Bergeron and McAvoy\Lindholm. Not a lot better but better and Carlson can shoot it which makes the PK more honest.

Yeah I think that's true. Easier to cover one threat when there isn't too much to worry about elsewhere. No-one on the Bruins can consistently get the puck through from the blueline, and 37 year old Bergy is not as effective from the bumper as he used to be. That has to be borne in mind in working out our tactics. I'd still have Pasta predominantly in a shooting position though, even if you mix up a bit where he is. He's a scorer, it's what he does, so having him as the puck carrier or on the point feels like a waste. If the puck's going to him on a PP then 9 times out of 10 he should either be shooting it or looking to shoot.

The boys are definitely in Nashville

View attachment 650766View attachment 650767

Interesting lawn mowers they've got on that course LOL

We have kangaroos on our local golf course. They can get out of the way of the ball a bit quicker than sheep!

1676490661690.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah I think that's true. Easier to cover one threat when there isn't too much to worry about elsewhere. No-one on the Bruins can consistently get the puck through from the blueline, and 37 year old Bergy is not as effective from the bumper as he used to be. That has to be borne in mind in working out our tactics. I'd still have Pasta predominantly in a shooting position though, even if you mix up a bit where he is. He's a scorer, it's what he does, so having him as the puck carrier or on the point feels like a waste. If the puck's going to him on a PP then 9 times out of 10 he should either be shooting it or looking to shoot.

We have kangaroos on our local golf course. They can get out of the way of the ball a bit quicker than sheep!

View attachment 650783
Cool!

Honestly though.... kangaroos kind of freak me out lol

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Cool!

Honestly though.... kangaroos kind of freak me out lol

Like a lot of animals, they're fine if you give them their space. The males in particular can get aggressive if you bother them or get too close, but as long as you're not hassling them then 99% of the time they won't bother you either.

I guess it's about familiarity too - I'd take roos on a golf course over the alligators they have on ones in Florida etc. every day of the week! That gives me the creeps.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I'd take roos on a golf course over the alligators they have on ones in Florida etc. every day of the week! That gives me the creeps.
Trust me, good choice. I used to live in a house in which gators would come out of the bayou across the street and sun in my front yard. Those suckers are unpredictable as hell, and sneaky fast. I never got bit but had a couple close calls when sprinting to my car in the driveway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad