Post-Game Talk: GAME 53 - 40 wins with 29 games remaining - BRUINS 3 Dallas 2 F/OT

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Heavyweight contest. Bruins dominated the 1st but didn't hit the scoreboard enough, Stars responded and had the better of the 2nd and probably the start of the 3rd as well, forced the game more onto their terms and gave Boston very little offensively. Bs rallied though, and came home with a wet sail. Both defenses were excellent and very strong on the PK, although I'd say ours was overall better. Oettinger was great, as expected, Ullmark let in a bad goal but steadied after that. The Bruins just willed themselves to victory that little bit more, and that got them the deserved extra point. Zacha was outstanding and the difference-maker tonight.

The Bs have some work to do up forwards. The return of DeBrusk is obviously going to help but it can't just be about one player. Injuries are going to happen and the team needs to be able to absorb them and then need to find a little bit more of the creativity, speed and ability to create and use space they showed in the first half of the season. They've not miles away, but opposing teams are probably learning how better to nullify our game, so a response is needed. Still time to work that out. And the PP, well it sucks. Don't know what exact the fix is, but yeah it just has to offer more than it does. Can't have teams with no fear of playing on the edge against us and occasionally drawing calls. Need to put some hesitancy back in the opposition.

As I said in the GDT, these are good games for the Bs to be playing in. Tough contests against teams who have come to play, that force them to dig deep, absorb pressure and find out what they are made of. We need these, they're great playoffs prep. Helps teach the team how to win when it's hard and a single play can make a huge impact. Another good road test coming up in Nashville. Keep 'em coming.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Heavyweight contest. Bruins dominated the 1st but didn't hit the scoreboard enough, Stars responded and had the better of the 2nd and probably the start of the 3rd as well, forced the game more onto their terms and gave Boston very little offensively. Bs rallied though, and came home with a wet sail. Both defenses were excellent and very strong on the PK, although I'd say ours was overall better. Oettinger was great, as expected, Ullmark let in a bad goal but steadied after that. The Bruins just willed themselves to victory that little bit more, and that got them the deserved extra point. Zacha was outstanding and the difference-maker tonight.

The Bs have some work to do up forwards. The return of DeBrusk is obviously going to help but it can't just be about one player. Injuries are going to happen and the team needs to be able to absorb them and then need to find a little bit more of the creativity, speed and ability to create and use space they showed in the first half of the season. They've not miles away, but opposing teams are probably learning how better to nullify our game, so a response is needed. Still time to work that out. And the PP, well it sucks. Don't know what exact the fix is, but yeah it just has to offer more than it does. Can't have teams with no fear of playing on the edge against us and occasionally drawing calls. Need to put some hesitancy back in the opposition.

As I said in the GDT, these are good games for the Bs to be playing in. Tough contests against teams who have come to play, that force them to dig deep, absorb pressure and find out what they are made of. We need these, they're great playoffs prep. Helps teach the team how to win when it's hard and a single play can make a huge impact. Another good road test coming up in Nashville. Keep 'em coming.

IMO the PP is too predictable and they get caught trying to go east to west too often….and from too far away.

Maybe adjust to a PP where they work more from point shots for a bit?

More of a traditional north - south one, with Lindholm on PP1.

Last edited:

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Try Zacha Krech Pasta Marchand Grzelcyk on the powerplay if Debrusk still isn't back.

Might as well try different mixes before playoffs.

Reactions: BMC

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Good first but bad luck and Ottinger sp kept them to one. Terrible, horrible, no good ,very bad second with tons of egregious turnovers and bad coverage. Ullmark, hustle and luck kept them close. Even third, but Bruins took over. Zacha's best game by far.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Exciting game and great win.

The whole team was into it . Nice to see Hall break the spell. Pasta needed a goal as well and blasted one. Ullmark was outstanding as usual and shut Dallas down after the second goal.

As soon as I wind down I'm going to bed, Happy

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Exciting game and great win.

The whole team was into it . Nice to see Hall break the spell. Pasta needed a goal as well and blasted one. Ullmark was outstanding as usual and shut Dallas down after the second goal.

As soon as I wind down I'm going to bed, Happy
Great game. So much fun to watch. Zacha is a steal. Loved the big hits Lauko was throwing.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
PP not good, we got dominated in the dot, the Bergeron Line got out played by Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski, and Ullmark was merely mortal tonight. But we still managed to grind out a tough road win against a very good team. That’s what Cup contenders do, find a way to win…..

No complaints

The first period set them back. Should have been 2-0 or 3-1. Gave Dallas juice for 2nd period.

Couple of observations:

Zacha is a force when he is dialed in. Reminds me a bit of Rope Hintz both big guys who can move out. Think Hints is a bit faster and Zachas is shiftier.

Craig Smith's sister is a cutie pie...lol.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
1st line is due for a breakout game production wise. They're struggling right now to put points up and it's keeping other teams in games.

Great play by Carlo on the game tying goal.

Zacha is starting to break from mid carder to main eventer.

Lots of heart and hustle tonight by the group as a whole; they wanted this win.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00