Post-Game Talk: GAME 53 - 40 wins with 29 games remaining - BRUINS 3 Dallas 2 F/OT

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am very happy to read all of the above upon waking this morning, except the faceoff stats of course. I only watched the first when the Bruins completely dominated but came out tied. It sounds like a great game and such fun for the siblings.. I know if my brother was along for the ride, there is no way I would want to lose and vice versa. I hope they win again for them tomorrow.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I almost fell asleep watching that game, and definitely woke my wife up cheering for the tying goal and absolutely the winner. Hell of a f***ing game, bruins deserved that one. That was a statement game. Bruins just showed everyone why they’re a top team weathering that power play in OT and then going for the kill

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
IMO the PP is too predictable and they get caught trying to go east to west too often….and from too far away.

Maybe adjust to a PP where they work more from point shits for a bit?

More of a traditional north - south one, with Lindholm on PP1.

Yeah I think that's worth trying. More low to high, and some quicker puck movement. You need to stretch and shift around the defenders more before you go for that east-west pass or send it into the slot or crease. Seems at the moment like there's too much just working the puck around the umbrella and then trying to force a setup pass that hasn't been earned and isn't there.

Also I often wonder how the Caps get away with the same old play of having Ovi basically standing in the circle game after game and looking to tee him up for one-timers. Been doing it for years and its utterly predictable and yet its success rate is still pretty high. Pasta's shot isn't quite as heavy as Ovechkin's but it's not that far off. To me that position on the left half wall is his spot for PPs. Doesn't mean you try to overuse him but that's where he should be hovering 80-90% of the time. He's got a weapon that the opposition has to respect and can't afford to cheat on, so to me having him there gives you an advantage - even if he's not getting a lot of shots off he's probably still going to be creating a little more space elsewhere simply by posing a threat. Conversely when he's wandering the blue line or carrying the puck he's much easier to nullify.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
FB_IMG_1676466477865.jpg

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
entertaining tilt, ice seems horrible in Dallas, loved watching the siblings react after goals, so much fun

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I didn't realize how cold Bergy had been since the announcers mentioned it last night (I had the Dallas feed). 3 pts in the last 10? Guess it's not super surprising that overlays perfectly with our slump.

Really quality win. Feels good.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and goes to the corner wheezing because it's been a while since she did all that running*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

*David Coyle went to bed before the game ended. Was glad to wake up to a win*

I was very impressed with Jakob Lauko last night. He's clearly gaining confidence the more playing time he gets. I'm a huge Nosek fan but Lauko's doing an excellent job in his place.

So great to see Taylor Hall get a goal, it's been a long time. He's worked very hard at other aspects of the game so no complaints but the Bruins need his goal scoring.

Pavel Zacha is making a believer out of me. What a game he had with a goal & assist on the winning goal in OT. It looks like he's found a home with the Bruins and his game is just taking off.

David Pastrnak- pay.the.man.now.

Off to Music City now...

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Was probably one of 3 worst games by B's center Corp with the Carolina pre break game and Florida Thanksgiving Eve game.

The wingers as a group played very well and carried the forward group as did the D corp.
Agreed!!!!!! I just hope come playoffs they can find another gear because they have looked their age( top 2 centres) lets say the last 8 games.Bergeron had that 1 glorious look but failed to lift it high enough.Dallas is a solid squad though for sure.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
With his 2pt night last night, Zacha had now set a new high in points for his career. Last year he had 36p in 70gp. This year he's at 37p in 53gp. Again this guy is your 2C if Krejci doesn't return

Bergeron and Krejci retire and Chychrun doesn't materialize you may be forced to
see Zacha and Hall as your #1\2 centers...lol. Although those two would keep
Coyle as a #3 C. Wonder if #88 would be ok with #18 or #71 as his pivot on a go forward basis.

Top 6 would probably roll like this

63-71-88
74-18-Lysell

Sweeney would need to go for a FA winger for certain.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Bergeron and Krejci retire and Chychrun doesn't materialize you may be forced to
see Zacha and Hall as your #1\2 centers...lol. Although those two would keep
Coyle as a #3 C. Wonder if #88 would be ok with #18 or #71 as his pivot on a go forward basis.

Top 6 would probably roll like this

63-71-88
74-18-Lysell

Sweeney would need to go for a FA winger for certain.
Taylor Hall? As a center? What?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad