GDT: Game #53 - 1.27.14 - vs Colorado - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
They weren't going to win every game for the rest of the season, and these are the type of losses Dallas will have when even the coach says they don't have the defense in place to defend teams to wins.

At this point ... a loss to a team they can't catch is no different to me than a loss to a team in the East.

Rather take this loss than one to the Yotes, Wild, etc.

This is the 2013-14 Dallas Stars, and its the reason we get to be totally clueless about if this is a playoff team or not until it's too late ... still gut feeling they aren't, but hoping for the best.

Primetimey*

That little girl screaming for the last 45 seconds of the game almost made me pull my hair out.

Phil Connors*

I ain't even mad. Varly played good, Lehtonen could have played better. We should of won and didn't, no big deal.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
You can't hang your head too low after that loss. Tough start to the game but the boys played good.

tumblr_inline_mwu1o5l1oz1qdraga.gif

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Well that was disappointing. Dominated Colorado for 40+ minutes and don't get a single point. Chaisson is brutal but I've been saying that for a month.

MetalGodAOD*

Wish we could send Nuke down there too... He needs work...

I disagree. Nuke has chances. He had a 3 point game the other night. Could have had a goal or two tonight. Chiasson is invisible and a detriment at this point.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
So to summarize:

-The old Goligoski shows its ugly face again.
-Jordie is a ****ing brain dead moron.
-Bad defense returns.
-Missed chances returns.
-Segs is pretty good.
-NHL referees vs. Roussel.
-Chiasson needs to go away for awhile. Did anyone notice how the powerplay went from hot to **** the moment they put him back on the top unit? Jesus.
-Back on track for draft hell

Brand New Stars

Nuke is learning just fine up with the big club. Chiasson has regressed big time.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
To me it was bad coaching to put the 1st line on when there was about 1.50 to play without having the time-out.. Would had liked them to rest and then play the last minute 6vs5..

15pts back again.. It's gonna be tough from now on.. Luckily Seguin got his goals before the Devils come to town..

They swept us this season, which in unbelievable to hear.. Only got one point when Seguin shot that rocket to tie that one game ´.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Just curious, are Seguin/Benn lighting up any other team as a duo as badly as they did the Avs this year? Definitely the most dangerous pair we've faced all season.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
So to summarize:

-The old Goligoski shows its ugly face again.
-Jordie is a ****ing brain dead moron.
-Bad defense returns.
-Missed chances returns.
-Segs is pretty good.
-NHL referees vs. Roussel.
-Chiasson needs to go away for awhile. Did anyone notice how the powerplay went from hot to **** the moment they put him back on the top unit? Jesus.
-Back on track for draft hell

Benn had a great game too.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I'm not going to say that game was as one-sided as the game we lost in Toronto or the one where we curb stomped Minnesota last week, but it's probably top 5 on the season.

The fact that Dallas has about a dozen of these games this year where they outshoot / outplay / out-everything the other team except score hurts more than the 6 game losing streak.

I guess when we play Colorado next year aim for 60 shots in the game (one per minute!) and hope that's enough to offset the ******** luck they seem to carry along with them. There isn't a team in the league that has had it better this year than the Avalanche, and when that luck goes away for them in the playoffs (and you can ****ing count on that) it's going to get ugly real quick.

Phil Connors*

Just curious, are Seguin/Benn lighting up any other team as a duo as badly as they did the Avs this year? Definitely the most dangerous pair we've faced all season.

They're hot then they're cold
They're yes then they're no
They're in then they're out
They're up then they're down.

Also what Alistar said.

Brand New Stars

15pts back again.. It's gonna be tough from now on.. Luckily Seguin got his goals before the Devils come to town..

You realize you're focusing on the near-impossible way to make the playoffs right?

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
To me it was bad coaching to put the 1st line on when there was about 1.50 to play without having the time-out.. Would had liked them to rest and then play the last minute 6vs5..

They swept us this season, which in unbelievable to hear.. Only got one point when Seguin shot that rocket to tie that one game ´.

They also didn't pull the goaltender at that 1:50 faceoff, which was just absurd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad