GDT: Game #53 - 1.27.14 - vs Colorado - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
You guys deserved a better fate tonight. That was easily one of the Avs worst efforts of the season. Unfortunately for you guys, Varly decided to channel his inner Roy. Benn/Seguin gave me a heart attack every single time they were out there.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Just curious, are Seguin/Benn lighting up any other team as a duo as badly as they did the Avs this year? Definitely the most dangerous pair we've faced all season.

:laugh:

Don't come in here with that mess, mister. Statsny and Duchene are making the Dallas Stars their little school yard *****es.

;)

Yeah ... just feel lucky you aren't Winnipeg. Seguin seems to have a particular interest in making them look silly. Overall though they have been good this year, but yeah .. I don't think Dallas wants to hear Avs whining (joke) after the abusing your duo always gives us, and Winnipeg gets way worse from our duo than the Avs.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I posted in another thread on here, how Chiasson somehow leads all rookies in power play time on ice.

Is there any particular reason for this? Has he done....anything productive, as of late? Special teams, even strength, just seems like he can't get ANYTHING going out there. Maybe Lindy shouldn't be throwing tons of ice time at a liability like that, until he finds his game again. :help:

Brand New Stars

Colorado is a really good team. Not sure I understand what you're getting at.

If Varly were to go down they'd be done. He's masking the reasons they ended up with the top pick. Yes, I realize goalie is part of the team.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Colorado is a really good team. Not sure I understand what you're getting at.

hah. The same way we'd be a president's trophey contendor if you put up a magical ghost in front of our net that automatically stopped 93% of all opposition shot attempts.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I posted in another thread on here, how Chiasson somehow leads all rookies in power play time on ice.

Is there any particular reason for this? Has he done....anything productive, as of late? Special teams, even strength, just seems like he can't get ANYTHING going out there. Maybe Lindy shouldn't be throwing tons of ice time at a liability like that, until he finds his game again. :help:

Because of his start. Simple as that. He's been given a free pass purely based off those first couple of games.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
If Varly were to go down they'd be done. He's masking the reasons they ended up with the top pick. Yes, I realize goalie is part of the team.

Our teams are actually pretty similar. Awesome goalies and awful defense save for a few guys. Avs just have a lot more forward depth (mainly due to sucking enough to get top picks).

But tonight the Avs just played awful. It isn't usually like this. Didn't even deserve to be on the same ice surface as you guys after the first period.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
The fall of Whitney is a pretty big factor. And now he's bouncing the lineup cause he can't do anything.

Speaking of Whitney... He had a shot attempt in the 3rd that would have been in if he got any power on it... Guy has such a weak shot this season...

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
This isn't true so I'm not sure if you're being ironic or what. Look up their split stats against other teams by record. Yes, the points are slightly fewer against better teams but its pretty normal to score more against worse opponents.

It's a very popular bull line from Boston fans. I believe that was a sarcastic reference to this.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Well Whitney is gone deadline day or they are going to try and go for it and keep him. Chiasson needs to be sent down, dude is just terribad right now.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
This isn't true so I'm not sure if you're being ironic or what. Look up their split stats against other teams by record. Yes, the points are slightly fewer against better teams but its pretty normal to score more against worse opponents.

The other way they discount his play is that all his scoring comes in one game ... discount his goal totals because of a 3 and 4 goal game.

I guess multi point games in Boston are a bad thing.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That's actually a pretty common and obnoxious one ... 7 goals in 2 games ... but duh he only have 16 in the other games (or whatever it is) so he sucks ... argh argh argh.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

What's really odd is that Nuke gets messed around for various reasons but no matter how poorly Chiasson plays he's out there in prime game defining moments. Just odd.

hah. The same way we'd be a president's trophey contendor if you put up a magical ghost in front of our net that automatically stopped 93% of all opposition shot attempts.

The fact that they have at least a few competent defensemen might also help them keep more pucks out of their net than our guy does.

They also score more goals than we do. And have better center depth.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
That's actually a pretty common and obnoxious one ... 7 goals in 2 games ... but duh he only have 16 in the other games (or whatever it is) so he sucks ... argh argh argh.

It is obnoxious (mostly because I find a lot of people from that neck of the woods obnoxious) but it isn't completely without merit. I mean, every game is worth the same 2 possible points so you can't discount lighting up worse teams for W's that are money in the bank. But, if a player really is feasting on the bottom dwellers and not producing and not getting consistent scoring chances against better team that is a bit of an indictment.

MetalGodAOD*

Really sucks they lost because they took the first 15 minutes of the game off. Hope that's part of the message tonight besides just "they got lucky and their goalie was hot."

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Welp on my way back to Austin. Talk about a roller coaster game. Varly won it for them in the third.

Fiddler looked meh IMO. Chiasson needs to figure something out and maybe needs to be sent down.

That was a fairly ugly game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland