GDT: Game # 52 - Rangers @ Islanders - 7pm - MSG

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
Im gonna say it. And people are gonna rip me, but.... kAndre has been hot garbage for a while now.

he gets beat a ton but his reach allows him to make up for it sometimes.

kid still is really really raw. In a normal season he should have been sent down.

and f*** quinn. I hope this seals his fate.
I agree with this, I noticed it when he started the season. He makes poor decisions in the d zone with horrible short passes. Trouba was covering for him well. He needs to work on his d zone game big time. He could learn a lesson from Fox or even kakko in tight areas...

Reactions: Ruggs225

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
8 games vs the Islanders this year.

Panarin: 2 goals 2 assists
Zibanejad: 1 EN, 2 assists
Buchnevich: 2 goals, no assists
Strome: 1 assist
Kreider (missed 2 games): no points

That's just pathetic from the veteran group, who are supposed to be the guys who take over these hard games when the kids are having tough times. And the these last 2 games it seems only the kids gave a f***.
Holy hell that is pathetic.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I want to thank Gauthier, Rooney, and Barron for actually finishing some checks. Weren't many but they did.

Especially for the new kid Barron, for getting a good one on Martin - enough to have Martin to immediately retaliate back with a crosscheck.
Love how Mika let Martin elbow him and look to the ref. Pampered p***y

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Im gonna say it. And people are gonna rip me, but.... kAndre has been hot garbage for a while now.

he gets beat a ton but his reach allows him to make up for it sometimes.

kid still is really really raw. In a normal season he should have been sent down.

and f*** quinn. I hope this seals his fate.

I agree with this. He hasn't looked good for awhile. Get's away with his athleticism and reach. Probably should be in Hartford. I question his decision making some times.

Reactions: Cmox and CLW

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Unwatchable garbage. No fight from the youth, no drive, each and every player cashing game checks but doing nothing to earn them. If these are the young guys efforts to earn a spot they all seem to believe they will just be handed them. Absolutely a country club atmosphere on this team right now. 0 reason to believe any of this changes until lots of soft players are sent packing.

I’d start with Chytil. The guy still turns the puck over at the offensive blue line like his salary depends on it. Soft as a wet tissue. Totally done with him.

I agree it feels as if there is a country club atmosphere with the "vets" on this team, and when the out of his league coach pampers the vets on top, this is what you get.

Reactions: JHS

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
8 games vs the Islanders this year.

Panarin: 2 goals 2 assists
Zibanejad: 1 EN, 2 assists
Buchnevich: 2 goals, 1 assist
Strome: 1 assist
Kreider (missed 2 games): no points

That's just pathetic from the veteran group, who are supposed to be the guys who take over these hard games when the kids are having tough times. And the these last 2 games it seems only the kids gave a f***.
I think it's fair to say those listed are not the core. The obvious core will have to be built around Fox, Laf and even Lindgren. I am for getting rid of every one of them except Panarin. Here is the obvious problem.

Mika...won't get fair value back for him unless you are willing to dump him for a first rounder and maybe someone like Krebs. I don't see anyone trading you a productive center around the same age or younger.
Buch...Probably should be able to get fair value back but I have no idea who and what would be fair.
Strome...Must trade guy. Again probably won't get as much value as we think we should get.
Kreider. we are stuck with him

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Quinn + our core (,zib, buch, kreid, panarin,strome) cannot make the playoffs. Established fact.
Kids are too young to do it on their own is common sense.
Making moves to change the core to make the playoffs next year would be a waste of money and fck them contractually in the future. So anyone criticizing Quinn officially is someone criticizing the plan. They won't let Sam and joe do that.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Unfortunately these types of things are going to happen with Panarin until/unless the Rangers get another equally skilled player to put on his line ala Kane. Hopefully Kakko or LaFreniere can eventually be those guys but it seemed to me like he made a fair amount of decent setups to other people on the team who just have no ability to finish.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Unfortunately these types of things are going to happen with Panarin until/unless the Rangers get another equally skilled player to put on his line ala Kane. Hopefully Kakko or LaFreniere can eventually be those guys but it seemed to me like he made a fair amount of decent setups to other people on the team who just have no ability to finish.
Or no balls or guts to get to the open ice. Move around skate through people to draw penalties. Not a hard concept

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad