Pre-Game Talk: GAME #52 | LEAFS @ HABS | MONDAY @7PM | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
@ACC1224 I can't wait to see tomorrow's GDT title.

We're down to the last 5 games of the regular season and it starts with a 3-game series against the Habs.

The rest is history (literally).

LETS GO

gi6adOR.png

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Give holl a game off to recoup from that bloody face. That was a lot of blood.

Huge opportunity for Lilly though. A good performance here and it's gonna start to be hard to keep him out.
They should be giving Holl a game off regardless. He needs a break.
I disagree about Lilly. Even if he plays amazing, he isn't getting in the lineup because of the depth.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
If Holl's job was in danger than it would be dermott moving up to the shutdown pair and Lilly coming in the bottom pair. Lilly's obviously just placeholding here.

But if he plays great again thsn Dermott should be looking over his shoulder.

Reactions: stickty111

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Heard Holl isn’t at practice, must be banged up a bit.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Big opportunity for Liljegren to prove himself; not sure I was as high on him as most, thought he played pretty well last game though. Hopefully he can get some confidence going at the NHL level.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Holl probably just a day off for a sore face. Wouldn’t mind seeing Liljegren in there again though.
Keefe said Holl is out tomorrow so a big chance for Lilly here. It should be interesting how he manages his usage. With the kind of usage Muzzin gets, it's slightly surprising Keefe is pairing Lilly with Muzzin. It might have made more sense moving Dermott or even Sandin up, but Keefe either wants to see these 2 together, or just wanted to keep the other pairings who have been good.

Reactions: crump

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I don't think Dermott is a Leaf next year. He keeps getting passed by for promotions
Yeah looks like it. I think Dermott's been pretty good honestly, but Sandin has been better and if Liljegren progresses, time might be up for Dermott. I'm still on the fence about protecting Holl or Dermott though. Right now I lean towards Holl but it's close. Dermott's age is saving him. Holl is pretty much what he is as well now. He's a fine #4 which is a nice player to have but if Dermott steps up a level, then I'm okay with losing Holl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad