Pre-Game Talk: GAME #52 | LEAFS @ HABS | MONDAY @7PM | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Just a note that this is on SNO... though it will indeed be on TSN for me since I am in the Habs/Sens region :-( I have to say, one of the negative bits of this season is so many regional games vs the Habs and Sens resulting in having to watch their broadcast. Though, vs Sens we seem to share the pbp teams, but having to watch the Habs broadcast sucks.

Looking for another solid defensive game. Prey on their mistakes and make as few as possibile ourselves.

This next week plus serves only to get in playoff mode. I would like to see a rotational rest schedule provided the players are onboard with that.

Same for me.

Anyone successfully synch up the radio feed with Bowen to the TV yet? I know there's a delay in the radio streaming but just wonder if anyone successfully got around it somehow.

Reactions: wingman75

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Looking forward to seeing a little preview of the first round this week. I honestly don’t care who the Leafs play first round. I like their chances. As a fan of hockey I am just glad the Flames are out. Mgmt forgets hockey is entertainment with far too many gruesome endings for us of late. But watching Sutter type hockey is really bad for the sport. Makes me really appreciate Dubas and Keefe that much more.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Same for me.

Anyone successfully synch up the radio feed with Bowen to the TV yet? I know there's a delay in the radio streaming but just wonder if anyone successfully got around it somehow.
I definitely did it before.

Took a bit of start/stop on the TV ; but was more than worth it.
I always dream of the day where we can pick who we want to listen to... I think if bowen did a setup like Rogan does for UFC fight companion; he'd get a ton of people muting TV while listening to his broadcast.

For people that don't know
Rogan has (or had) a live feed during the fights he isn't commentating (with fight time in the bottom corner so it's easy to sync)

Be sweet if they set something up at the start of the game , on the radio , for syncing purposes.

Reactions: OddyOh and Marshy

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey

“We can’t shut out the Leafs offence as easily as we do the Oilers”

Traikos is a bitch. I mean I don't like Anderson either but here is his direct quote. Traikos just riling up fanbases.

“They are two different players … McDavid has so much speed and skill and his hockey sense is off the charts … and Matthews … like i said he scores every game so you gotta know where he is on the ice, it seems that Marner usually likes to find him, he’s pretty good at that.”

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Traikos is a bitch. I mean I don't like Anderson either but here is his direct quote. Traikos just riling up fanbases.

“They are two different players … McDavid has so much speed and skill and his hockey sense is off the charts … and Matthews … like i said he scores every game so you gotta know where he is on the ice, it seems that Marner usually likes to find him, he’s pretty good at that.”

If correct (I'm sure you are), that's a complete misrepresentation of what Anderson said. Who does that?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Traikos is a f***ing loser, to put it mildly.

Reactions: MattySnipes

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Looking forward to seeing a little preview of the first round this week. I honestly don’t care who the Leafs play first round. I like their chances. As a fan of hockey I am just glad the Flames are out. Mgmt forgets hockey is entertainment with far too many gruesome endings for us of late. But watching Sutter type hockey is really bad for the sport. Makes me really appreciate Dubas and Keefe that much more.
Well said
My own entertainment killer is the New York Islanders! They just suck the lifeblood out of any game. As bad as the old New Jersey Devils and the trap they used. I love seeing the Islanders lose, more than anyone, it’s not anyone in particular, it’s how they neuter what is supposed to be exciting. Worse, they win a lot

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

That's definitely not a real quote. I think he's just making fun of Anderson because he's had an excuse every time the Leafs beat the Habs this season lol.

Last one was a self own where he said the Leafs didn't even try that hard. Well Anderson, a team that didn't try hard just beat you 4-1.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That's definitely not a real quote. I think he's just making fun of Anderson because he's had an excuse every time the Leafs beat the Habs this season lol.

Last one was a self own where he said the Leafs didn't even try that hard. Well Anderson, a team that didn't try hard just beat you 4-1.

It's hilarious in any case, I did actually laugh out loud at this one

I really want to win all these games this week, gotta keep the Habs down behind WPG so we can deal with them in the 1st round.

GLG!!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
GameDay Lines with GSVA from theathletic.com:

Screenshot_20210503-115710_Sheets.jpg

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
so was just browsing twitter and saw josh anderson trending. I thought.... why is he trending did something happen?

clicked on it and then what I found was hilarious...

People are harping on him because Spezza apparently has more points than him; with Spezza being much older and playing 4th line minutes :laugh:

Also doesn't help the habs fans when Anderson said that (paraphrasing): "Leafs are in the 1st place because they beat us so many times" :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->