Post-Game Talk: GAME 52 - B's lose 4th in 5 games - Washington 2 BRUINS 1

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
The risk taking that leaves Marchand and/or Pastrnak last man back when down a goal won't be a viable solution in the playoffs. Washington isn't a very good team and they still got almost burned like five times in the third period because McAvoy or Carlo would just stay down low.
Never a good idea to have Pasta playing with the puck near the blue line. I'm pretty sure both Ullmark and J-SWAY tense up when they see that.

Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
surprised foligno or greer didnt play more in the 3rd.
hall sucked ass again. the guy is so frustrating to watch.
cliffy shouldve played more. he was creating offense bringing the puck up.
power play is predictable. need someone with a point shot.
caps played like garbage and somehow got a win out of that game.
The Caps may have played like garbage, but the BRUINS were a dumpster fire on offense today.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Pasta passing up scoring opportunities?

Pasta showing management what life would be like without him shooting for the Bruins LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
As long as they learn from this it'll be fine.

Kinda had a feeling they were gonna lose before the game started. Long layoff + the talking heads talking about Kuempler leading the league in shutouts just made me go "uh oh"

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They need JDB back or a Meier trade. Gotta get the offense sparked again.

I'm glad they're getting their slump out of their system. I hope it's just a blip and they're not pulling a 2022 Yankees.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This game reminded me of the Bruins’ 2012 series against these Capitals.

I loved that 2012 team, but they just couldn’t get the goals they needed. Very frustrating. Just like today. I’m really hoping Tuesday night is a little better.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
The talks about trading for D, when the PP is in a funk, the lines are out of whack, etc. Hall, Krecji, Bergy looking a little invisible in a tight game. Debrusk needed back. Get some secondary scoring!! Trade for that. Don’t worry about Forbort, Gryz, Cliffy, or Carlo. They are fine.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This game reminded me of the Bruins’ 2012 series against these Capitals.

I loved that 2012 team, but they just couldn’t get the goals they needed. Very frustrating. Just like today. I’m really hoping Tuesday night is a little better.

Chiarelli cut corners in the summer of 2011 by trying to replace Ryder with Benoit Pouliot and Kaberle with Corvo. They still deserved a much better fate, but that punk Sestito knocked Horton out for the year with another concussion and then McQuaid got injured at the very end of the season leading to the Capitals exploiting Greg Zanon in the playoffs. I believe Pouliot was the one who turned the puck over at the blueline leading to Joel Ward's goal in game 7 too.

If they were slightly healthier and if they got a better first round matchup, that team could've gone to the finals. Without Horton I don't know if they solve Quick and the Kings' stout D, but they're not losing to the Devils or Rangers that year.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
surprised foligno or greer didnt play more in the 3rd.
hall sucked ass again. the guy is so frustrating to watch.
cliffy shouldve played more. he was creating offense bringing the puck up.
power play is predictable. need someone with a point shot.
caps played like garbage and somehow got a win out of that game.
Caps were missing their #1 D in Carlson and Wilson. That's a
tough loss to take against a depleted Caps team.

I don't mind this tough stretch. Will serve them well in the playoffs.
Depends on how tough the stretch is. If it costs them home ice
against Carolina it won't serve them anything.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Chiarelli cut corners in the summer of 2011 by trying to replace Ryder with Benoit Pouliot and Kaberle with Corvo. They still deserved a much better fate, but that punk Sestito knocked Horton out for the year with another concussion and then McQuaid got injured at the very end of the season leading to the Capitals exploiting Greg Zanon in the playoffs. I believe Pouliot was the one who turned the puck over at the blueline leading to Joel Ward's goal in game 7 too.

If they were slightly healthier and if they got a better first round matchup, that team could've gone to the finals. Without Horton I don't know if they solve Quick and the Kings' stout D, but they're not losing to the Devils or Rangers that year.
I was recently re-reading my “Boston Bruins 75th Anniversary” book, and a line jumped out at me. It essentially said that the Boston Bruins aren’t best known for the Cups they won (only 5 at that time), but rather the Cups they didn’t win. :(

I’m sure I’ll feel better tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad