FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI - BRUINS

TOI - WASHINGTON

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The risk taking that leaves Marchand and/or Pastrnak last man back when down a goal won't be a viable solution in the playoffs. Washington isn't a very good team and they still got almost burned like five times in the third period because McAvoy or Carlo would just stay down low.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Smith has killed that line, Bergy was fine with Jake driving the play most nights and actually finishing chances

Jake brought speed to the line. Marchand and Bergeron aren't pushing dmen back on the rush nowadays

This is my fear as well. He is missing open chances and seems like he is a step behind. Hopefully this is just him going at 75%.

He has been setup a lot in that bumper position but he's not hitting his shots.

Maybe he's just saving some for when the games matter. I hope that's the case

Reactions: 22Brad Park

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
When you go 0 for your last 18 PPs against good teams in close games, bad things will happen. Bs PP was ranked in the top 3 in the league for most of the season. The talent is obviously there. PP coach needs to figure some things out. Just 1 PP goal today ties the game.

Bs played very hard. Just didn't play smart. Lack of discipline. Passing way too much.

Props to Swayman. He made some very good saves.

Look forward to the return of Jake. Love Smitty, but since his dreadful playoffs last season he has looked cooked, no matter which line he is on.

Team was bound for a losing stretch. They'll be fine, but DS def needs to make some moves by the deadline.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Jake brought speed to the line. Marchand and Bergeron aren't pushing dmen back on the rush nowadays
Yes, Jake drove the dee back but he also got pucks and made intelligent plays with it and scored timely goals. They need him back bigtime and slot Smith further down. Marshy and Bergy cannot do it all and carry a journeyman like Smith.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
If Debrusk isn’t ready for next game please for the love of god still take Smith off that top line, he’s actively weighting down our two best players. Try anyone else, I’m begging at this point.

Hall had a great game I thought despite not scoring, he was really strong on the puck all game.

Pasta’s worst game in a long time, as quiet as I can remember him looking out there. Better bring it on Tuesday cause that wasn’t nearly good enough from him.

Also Lauko and Greer both played about 5 min total. Monty pretty clearly misses Nosek as a stabilizing force on that line.

Besides that honesty I thought we played well, just need to stop overpassing and find some finish.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
He is but Smith has killed that line, Bergy was fine with Jake driving the play most nights and actually finishing chances
Never thought I'd miss Debrusk on that line this much. He definitely made things happen. Idk how they can just keep throwing Smith out there. I could care less about his "hustle" you're playing on a top line for a premier team you need to produce.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
surprised foligno or greer didnt play more in the 3rd.
hall sucked ass again. the guy is so frustrating to watch.
cliffy shouldve played more. he was creating offense bringing the puck up.
power play is predictable. need someone with a point shot.
caps played like garbage and somehow got a win out of that game.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If Debrusk isn’t ready for next game please for the love of god still take Smith off that top line, he’s actively weighting down our two best players. Try anyone else, I’m begging at this point.

Hall had a great game I thought despite not scoring, he was really strong on the puck all game.

Pasta’s worst game in a long time, as quiet as I can remember him looking out there. Better bring it on Tuesday cause that wasn’t nearly good enough from him.

Also Lauko and Greer both played about 5 min total. Monty pretty clearly misses Nosek as a stabilizing force on that line.

Besides that honesty I thought we played well, just need to stop overpassing and find some finish.
Lauko 5:10 Greer 5:23

Reactions: dugg133

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad