Post-Game Talk: GAME 52 - Booooooooooooooooooooooooo - Caps 3 BRUINS 0

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
If you thought the Calgary game was the worst they could play Bruins said no no, hold on, we can be much worse, just watch. This was simply painful. I don't think we could have beat San Jose with this effort.

The optimist in me wants to believe that they really don't want to win the President's trophy, they believe in the jinx, and so this is all smoke and mirrors to drop just a little in the standings. (Ya, I know I'm reaching and dreaming)

The pessimist in me says we were never a good hockey team, it's all been a mirage. The old guys are running out of gas. The cast offs are looking like cast offs again, and the only thing keeping us alive at all is the goaltending.

They just stunk, plain and simple.
Not wanting to win the President's Trophy is absurd. But they looked bad like... On purpose. Not passively bad, but like bad with intention.

It's as good of a theory as anything I can come up with.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
That game was not only hard to watch but gave me a headache (and I don't get headaches easy)

Did the Bruins sign a contract during the all-star break that said they only have to play every second game the rest of the season??

How can they play so bad against Calgary, then good against the Nucks and today had to be the crappiest B's game I've seen in a long time
1707608416536.gif

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If you thought the Calgary game was the worst they could play Bruins said no no, hold on, we can be much worse, just watch. This was simply painful. I don't think we could have beat San Jose with this effort.

The optimist in me wants to believe that they really don't want to win the President's trophy, they believe in the jinx, and so this is all smoke and mirrors to drop just a little in the standings. (Ya, I know I'm reaching and dreaming)

The pessimist in me says we were never a good hockey team, it's all been a mirage. The old guys are running out of gas. The cast offs are looking like cast offs again, and the only thing keeping us alive at all is the goaltending.

They just stunk, plain and simple.
Yup

This was worse than Calgary

The Bruins looked like the 83 Islanders against Calgary verse today

If not for the too many men on the power play they very well steel that game

The only thing they stole today was our time, money, and faith

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The PP may be an "asset" in the regular season but games like this and the personnel on paper suggests it will not score under pressure.

This game, no excuses. Two games out of the last three the Bruins were unfocused and beat themselves. The fans spending $100s should have bood the entire 3rd.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I have a good one, they played like crap before and after Vancouver to get in the Nucks' heads about how bad THEY really are. I mean, how bad is Vancouver?

Reactions: BMC

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
It's that time of the season as well when there's extra stress in the room due to the upcoming trade deadline. It's got to be on some of these guys' minds that they may not be finishing up their careers as Bruins. It's not like we have any picks to give. If anything, some players may be traded for picks far below their perceived value, just to stock our prospect cupboard for the future. And no matter what Sweeney does, we aren't getting out of the first round. We are unable to sustain a physical playoff style for more than one game per week or two.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It's that time of the season as well when there's extra stress in the room due to the upcoming trade deadline. It's got to be on some of these guys' minds that they may not be finishing up their careers as Bruins. It's not like we have any picks to give. If anything, some players may be traded for picks far below their perceived value, just to stock our prospect cupboard for the future. And no matter what Sweeney does, we aren't getting out of the first round. We are unable to sustain a physical playoff style for more than one game per week or two.

Doesn't that apply to all teams?

Reactions: Trizz617

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So they’re first place in the east and you think the players played like shit because they are worried they’re going to be dumped for picks because they know Sweeney can’t put together a team that’s physical enough to get out of the first round? Just want to understand the take.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Bring up Lysell. Enough of the floor over ceiling bullshit.
Has Lysell filled out any yet or is he still light as Balsam wood? The problem with players who are not physically ready yet is that they will need to avoid the physical contact as much as possible. And then people will complain that the team is soft even more; it's a double-edged sword, we need their talent - but ...

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
What I don’t get, and never will, is how guys like Lauko, Boqvist, Wotherspon, Geekie, Heinen, etc. ever play a game where they don’t hustle their asses off.

They are literally a bad month of hockey away from being in the AHL or not having a job a year or two from now.

You can’t control a lot in such a fast and unpredictable game, but you can control your effort and how physical you play.

And I’m not excusing Pasta, Marchand, McAvoy, et. al.

But those guys are locked into a roster spot, and while they also should have been busting their ass today, they do most of the time and their skill and production level is generally what keeps the team afloat. So they can get a pass every once in a while, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad