Post-Game Talk: GAME 52 - Booooooooooooooooooooooooo - Caps 3 BRUINS 0

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I said in the GDT that Boston needs that tone setter in the bottom 6. That guy that night in and night out will play a heavy game from puck drop. Frederic should be one of those guys.
He's IMHO more of a follower than a leader. If he had an in his prime Tom Wilson or Milan Lucic showing him the way he'd "get it." But, he looks around and sees no physical leaders and nobody to go to war with so he turns the other cheek.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ovi speared Freddy in the nuts (clearly intentional) in a different game and didn't even get two.

Yeah...Please play hard for your captain's 1000th game.
IMO that penalty to Gryz was unwarranted and over the top. 2 minutes would've been fair.

The desire to compare Frederic to Tom Wilson or Lucic or any guy like that just is never going to end. He’s never been that kind of player and that’s not who people should be comparing him against.
I didn't compare him "against" them. But, as usual, you do you.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
IMO that penalty to Gryz was unwarranted and over the top. 2 minutes would've been fair.

I didn't compare him "against" them. But, as usual, you do you.

Why does he need either of them mentoring him then? What “way” would they show him?

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Our first line center should be on the third line.
Coyle can stay on the 2nd.
Our first line center should be ??????

The movement we have on our PP (when we get one) by the first line is non-existent. All but Marchand moves or holds on to the puck.
Pas pass pass pass pass......🥱

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The desire to compare Frederic to Tom Wilson or Lucic or any guy like that just is never going to end. He’s never been that kind of player and that’s not who people should be comparing him against.

I mean coming up was he not someone that was labeled a PWF who would drop the gloves? A guy that could play a physical game but also continues offensively?

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I love Freddy but he seems to have no issue yoking up a stiff here or there and terrorizing a guy like Chiarot, but in the games they seems to be on the short end physically he is rarely there. He could consistently be more of a presence IMO

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

E72F9D07-0F1A-400A-BA35-11832874B5DB.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Carbonated Puck

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I mean coming up was he not someone that was labeled a PWF who would drop the gloves? A guy that could play a physical game but also continues offensively?
He’s 36th in the league among forwards for hits. More than Crouse, Barbashev, Lomberg, Goodrow…

Only 4 guys ahead of him have more goals - Kane, Eriksson Ek, Brady Tkachuk and JT Miller. Only 5 guys with more points (above plus Tolvanen by 1).

Only 11 players have more fights than him this year.

But ok.

Reactions: CDJ

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I remember the one Bruins twitter account that always posted his fights and saying how he could and would fight anyone after beating up some veterans down there.

I think in todays NHL he's as close to a true power forward as we will see,

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
He’s 36th in the league among forwards for hits. More than Crouse, Barbashev, Lomberg, Goodrow…

Only 4 guys ahead of him have more goals - Kane, Eriksson Ek, Brady Tkachuk and JT Miller. Only 5 guys with more points (above plus Tolvanen by 1).

But ok.

See you only look at hits to judge "physical" and there's more to playing a physical game then hitting. Frederic for his career has more hit/gp then Shawn did for his career. Thornton by far was a more physical player that would set the tone.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
See you only look at hits to judge "physical" and there's more to playing a physical game then hitting. Frederic for his career has more hit/gp then Shawn did for his career. Thornton by far was a more physical player that would set the tone.
Why would anyone want Frederic to be more like Shawn Thornton?

And if you look at the 35 forwards ahead of Frederic, they’re all who this board would consider physical time setters. Joshua/Trenin/Marcus Foligno/Wilson/Jeannot/Hathaway/Sherwood/O’Brien/Lowry/Duhaime etc. It’s a pretty good proxy for physical play.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

And if you look at the 35 forwards ahead of Frederic, they’re all who this board would consider physical time setters. Joshua/Trenin/Marcus Foligno/Wilson/Jeannot/Hathaway/Sherwood/O’Brien/Lowry/Duhaime etc. It’s a pretty good proxy for physical play.
Quite literally seen a trade proposal for each and every one of those “tone setters”. Our guy doesn’t belong with them though because the grass is always greener on the other side. He’s not a shiny new toy

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Did I say I wanted him to be Shawn Thornton? No I didn't. All I was saying if we're using hits as the measure of a physical player, then Frederic is more physical than Thornton was....but in reality we know he's not. Thornton was like a dog on meat and would wear other players down shift after shift.

Foligno & Wilson are about the only two guy that I'd consider tone setters on that list....but again you're only looking at hits to judge this and there is more to it than just hits. We can agree to disagree and move on because this is going to continue to go nowhere between us.

Quite literally seen a trade proposal for each and every one of those “tone setters”. Our guy doesn’t belong with them though because the grass is always greener on the other side. He’s not a shiny new toy

Do you consider Frederic a tone setter? The only guy I saw last game that was trying to inject some life into the team but setting the tone was Brad Marchand.

Reactions: GoBs and Gordoff

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019

But ok.
Its like groundhogs day, the Bruins lose the Freddy bashing commences,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad