Pre-Game Talk: Game 52 1/31 8:07 PM - THE BEAR leaves the beach for Winterpeg - NESN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Just decided yesterday to go to Minny for Saturdays game. Only a 61/2 hour drive. My daughter and I are so excited to go. I figured might be the last trip I take with her since she is going to University next year.
Enjoy. I’m not going this year. Hopefully next year

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I am actually wondering if the vacation is going to be a problem for these guys. They've looked bad coming off of long breaks before

But then again they've also looked awesome sometimes, so what the f*** do I know? All I really know is that I would love to see Pasta net another hat trick soon

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

All good news. Trying to work out the ideal Bruins defense for the final part of the season and the playoffs is no easy task. I'm still not completely sold on Chara-McAvoy but I suspect they stay together both because they'll be the two that Cassidy wants to eat up the most minutes and because Chara has quite a unique playing style and Chucky is the only guy who's really familiar with it. Krug-Carlo is probably also still a lock.

That leaves Gryz, Clify, Moore, Miller, Kampfer and Lauzon battling it out for the final 2 spots. My guess is that Moore gets traded, Miller will only be a reserve if he can indeed finally get back to full fitness, and Kampfer retains his 7th D status. So it probably comes back to Grzelyck-Clifton as the default 3rd pair, with Lauzon or Miller as an option to slot in against heavier opponents and Kampfer as the man to step in if a 7th or 8th guy is needed to cover injuries. Either way, we're once again in a very strong position on D, and while it hasn't played as well as you might hope over the last couple of months, I'd back them to raise their performance again when it really counts.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Even though the time off sucks for the fans, it is probably very needed by the players.

Tuukka the most, he got a lot of rest for his concussion and Halak as well as he was playing more then usual.

It is a long season and the 2nd half starts tomorrow, woooooooooooooooooo.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
All good news. Trying to work out the ideal Bruins defense for the final part of the season and the playoffs is no easy task. I'm still not completely sold on Chara-McAvoy but I suspect they stay together both because they'll be the two that Cassidy wants to eat up the most minutes and because Chara has quite a unique playing style and Chucky is the only guy who's really familiar with it. Krug-Carlo is probably also still a lock.

That leaves Gryz, Clify, Moore, Miller, Kampfer and Lauzon battling it out for the final 2 spots. My guess is that Moore gets traded, Miller will only be a reserve if he can indeed finally get back to full fitness, and Kampfer retains his 7th D status. So it probably comes back to Grzelyck-Clifton as the default 3rd pair, with Lauzon or Miller as an option to slot in against heavier opponents and Kampfer as the man to step in if a 7th or 8th guy is needed to cover injuries. Either way, we're once again in a very strong position on D, and while it hasn't played as well as you might hope over the last couple of months, I'd back them to raise their performance again when it really counts.

Im thinking Sweeney brings in someone with some size. I could be way off, but they could use it with or without Miller and Im not so sure Miller will be back.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Im thinking Sweeney brings in someone with some size. I could be way off, but they could use it with or without Miller and Im not so sure Miller will be back.

Yeah I'm still very doubtful on Miller. I suspect they'll give Lauzon at least a few more games to give him another solid trial at NHL level. If he continues to be effective - and I think he will - then I don't really see the need to bring in anyone else. Kid has a solid body and is willing to use it. Add in Chara, Carlo, just maybe Miller and Clifton who isn't big but plays a tough game, then I'd be comfortable that there's enough size and physicality in the Bruins back end to deal with just about anybody.

Maybe ideally you'd want one more bigger guy in there, but I'd say the money is better spent on forwards.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The Bruins had the same break last year following the all star game.
I asked this in anther thread, why do they need a break After a break?
Also glad they are heading back Friday
Ya know what? After the long season last year I'm glad that they had all this time off. I wasn't glad when they had (like) eleven days off before the final round of the SC playoffs though. I think this comes at a perfect time. The SC hangover is/was real, now maybe they caught their collective breath and can ride the wave into the playoffs...

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
@Trap Jesus

At the end of the day, I try to be like the Judge in 'Caught In Providence'

@Gee Wally gave you sound advice and I have given you a little slack.

The rest is up to you

HA that site had me HOOKED all morning! What a great guy!!!:thumbu:

Unfortunately the people of Boston have no station that airs this program... A shame IMO. There's such humanity on display by judge Caprio.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
HA that site had me HOOKED all morning! What a great guy!!!:thumbu:

@Strafer

Unfortunately the people of Boston have no station that airs this program... A shame IMO. There's such humanity on display by judge Caprio.

Set your DVR to Channel 56

upload_2020-1-30_16-57-25.png

3:00amCaught in Providence
Judge Frank Caprio presides over various cases.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Strafer

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
The main boards are a dangerous place. No making threads or liking posts from December til March. Troll Stomper is a cruel mistress.

Right??? You call one person a mean name like f***ing Pejorative Slur f***er and you can't like stuff for months.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I would like to see the try Coyle as the net front guy on PP1.

I know they want a lefty to work out there, but they’ve tried DeBrusk and Heinen and didn’t love either one in that spot. Coyle is bigger and a heckuva lot harder to move.

I’d also like to see DeBrusk on the right elbow on the 2nd PP to give him more of a chance to use his shot.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad