Post-Game Talk: GAME 50 - Winterpeg wins the shootout - Jets 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Have the Bruins tried Debrusk with Bergeron and Marchand at any point the last two years ? If last night’s game is any indication Bergeron and Marchand look ready to play with just about anybody. It might be time to permanently place Pasta with Krejci and just experiment who plays with each pair ?
For some reason they wont do it. It would be nice if a reporter asked Cassidy about this because its getting beyond ridiculous.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
If this team doesn't start getting some actual quality starts from their goalies and some secondary scoring they're going to be on the outside looking in, and quick.

That simple really, no NHL team can win with the level of goaltending we've received from Halak over the past month and a half, .850 is just too much to overcome.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Have the Bruins tried Debrusk with Bergeron and Marchand at any point the last two years ? If last night’s game is any indication Bergeron and Marchand look ready to play with just about anybody. It might be time to permanently place Pasta with Krejci and just experiment who plays with each pair ?
Debrusk isn't what JFK OR Frederic are Centers, why would you break up the most consistent line you have.... Pasta has 28 G ; Bergeron has 15

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
If this team doesn't start getting some actual quality starts from their goalies and some secondary scoring they're going to be on the outside looking in, and quick.

That simple really, no NHL team can win with the level of goaltending we've received from Halak over the past month and a half, .850 is just too much to overcome.
Just looked ahead on the schedule. The Bruins have 5 back to backs left so hopefully Rask is ready to go and Halak only plays 5 more games .

Reactions: Emerz

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
That's the thing ...we aren't cup contenders and too many pieces are required for us to be .
However had DS drafted more competently instead of trying to look like a genius in drafting Seny a player who wasn't pegged as a first rder maybe just maybe we'd be a cup contender.
Now maybe you're ok with that
But I am not..
I used the word dream but it didn't have to be it was in our bruins mgmt hands....they blew it... Can't stop dwelling on it eventhough it cannot be changed. I also believe the more we dwell as fans then changes are made .If we suck it up and just let it go ....safe to say things don't change.. Complacency never brings upon changes
I think the front office doesn't change one single solitary thing based on how we fans dwell on a draft from 3 1/2 years ago. To think that places unrealistic value on fans' input. I've seen some of the fans' input, and frankly, I'd be very worried if Sweeney and co. were putting a whole lot of stock in that input.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Your crazy. The hole on the second line is Debrusk, not Cehlarik.

Debrusk needs to be on the 3rd line where he belongs. Kid needs to learn how to use his teammates.

Your rating Cehlarik over DeBrusk?

a handful of games Cehlarik over Toronto Masher DeBrusk?

Jake has done what the coaches and management have asked of him, so he gets leeway. Seems fair to me. He is struggling this year, thats true. But to put an unproven Cehlarik over him....
Now THATS crazy.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Again why reduce his entire drafting to one round (though its pretty funny that the pick people had the most problem with is now apparently the best part of it). How was his drafting in the second round that year? In the first the following year? He was widely mocked for taking Frederic- how does that pick look now? How was grabbing Studnicka in the second or Lauko in the third? Grabbing Shen in the 8th round?

And you want to talk about depth that was lost in the 2015 draft? Five players from that draft have played for Boston this year. Five. How many teams have dressed 5 players from a single draft?

Alex Debrincat (right-shot RW, which is the type of player that Boston really needs) career NHL stats:

2017-2018: 28G 24A 52P 82GP
2018-2019: 25G 18A 43P 51GP

He was drafted 10 spots after Frederic.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Overplay the elder D and you will see problems. Very similar to the Ron Hainsey situation in Toronto. Z needs to stop playing 20 minutes. The problem is that we have no one ready to eat those minutes right now. Ideally we have an inhouse solution in Vaak and Lauzon, but we cannot get them room to play to have them develop like Carlo has.
They do have guys to take his spot. The whole defense was playing pretty good during his absence.
Was looking at our UFA/RFA list. I remember a year ago thinking this was going to be a brutal bunch of contracts to hand out. Now?

Charlie: 4.5m?
Carlo: 3m?
Heinen: lol?
Cehlarik: can't be much of a concern
Chara: might retire?

We're going to have cap space
Many people here jump the gun on contracts. When people urge patience they get criticized. Anointing Carlo and Mac too quick. They both have had injuries stifling there progress.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Alex Debrincat (right-shot RW, which is the type of player that Boston really needs) career NHL stats:

2017-2018: 28G 24A 52P 82GP
2018-2019: 25G 18A 43P 51GP

He was drafted 10 spots after Frederic.

he`s also the exact kind of player the Hawks need, entry level, cost controlled and team controlled, he`s going nowhere IMO

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
They do have guys to take his spot. The whole defense was playing pretty good during his absence.

Many people here jump the gun on contracts. When people urge patience they get criticized. Anointing Carlo and Mac too quick. They both have had injuries stifling there progress.

While I agree with you, we currently do not have a replacement for Future Hall of Famer, Captain, and Boston Bruins Franchise Anchor Zdeno Chara. If you catch my meaning.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I'd contribute that a lot do with our lack of quality shot attempts. Seems like we throw anything and everything at the net and hope for the best.

That works for a team that has men in front and center of the zone that can clean up rebounds.

That is not us right now.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
he`s also the exact kind of player the Hawks need, entry level, cost controlled and team controlled, he`s going nowhere IMO

And? No one mentioned trying to pry him away from Chicago. I merely responded to a poster who was commenting about drafting Frederic and how that was looking now. (And I like Frederic as a prospect.)

Why teams shied away from him was his size and ability to play in all 3 zones. Which, lets be honest, is still an issue with him in Chicago.

I think that Chicago is willing to accept that trade-off if he continues to put up impressive numbers. The Bruins could certainly use his scoring touch.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
And? No one mentioned trying to pry him away from Chicago. I merely responded to a poster who was commenting about drafting Frederic and how that was looking now. (And I like Frederic as a prospect.)

I think that Chicago is willing to accept that trade-off if he continues to put up impressive numbers. The Bruins could certainly use his scoring touch.
Sure - and every team in the league passed on him before Chicago. I mean it's not like Sweeny picked Yegor Korshkov there. He walked away with MacAvoy and Frederic- neither of which were the general consensus pick when they were available and both of which developed to be better than where the consensus had them.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Again why reduce his entire drafting to one round (though its pretty funny that the pick people had the most problem with is now apparently the best part of it). How was his drafting in the second round that year? In the first the following year? He was widely mocked for taking Frederic- how does that pick look now? How was grabbing Studnicka in the second or Lauko in the third? Grabbing Shen in the 8th round?

And you want to talk about depth that was lost in the 2015 draft? Five players from that draft have played for Boston this year. Five. How many teams have dressed 5 players from a single draft?

A team can have all 12 players
Playing from a particular draft
That doesn't mean much ..
1) the team can be in desperate need and bring up players who can use more seasoning...
2) players might be ok for fill ins but nothing more
There are some quality players DS drafted other teams have too
I am definitely not as impressed with his drafting overall. You also mentioned players i.e studnika, lauko who have proven nothing and niether has Frederick btw.
Which player(s) has he chosen
That remotely resemble
A braydon point, johhny Gaudreau, .
I am not one to be impressed simply by quantity.
Mc avoy a good pick when he is playing.. kudos DS but not elite
We will see if he becomes one
I felt he has the stuff
Same for Jake
Carlo playing well a sound D
But hard to say what is value really is .

So let's try something .
Let's use the 2015 and 16 draft

Would you right now if u were capable trade..
Jake Seny Zboril and McAvoy
For
Barzal Connor Chabot and Debrincat ( I use Debrincat since he was drafted after McAvoy)

What do you think all of the NHl GMs ( eventhough some are imo incompetent) what would they do?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
A team can have all 12 players
Playing from a particular draft
That doesn't mean much ..
1) the team can be in desperate need and bring up players who can use more seasoning...
2) players might be ok for fill ins but nothing more
There are some quality players DS drafted other teams have too
I am definitely not as impressed with his drafting overall. You also mentioned players i.e studnika, lauko who have proven nothing and niether has Frederick btw.
Which player(s) has he chosen
That remotely resemble
A braydon point, johhny Gaudreau, .
I am not one to be impressed simply by quantity.
Mc avoy a good pick when he is playing.. kudos DS but not elite
We will see if he becomes one
I felt he has the stuff
Same for Jake
Carlo playing well a sound D
But hard to say what is value really is .

So let's try something .
Let's use the 2015 and 16 draft

Would you right now if u were capable trade..
Jake Seny Zboril and McAvoy
For
Barzal Connor Chabot and Debrincat ( I use Debrincat since he was drafted after McAvoy)

What do you think all of the NHl GMs ( eventhough some are imo incompetent) what would they do?
Well if we're playing captain hindsight- lets have every team redo those drafts, which of those players do you think would still be available when Boston picks?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I think the front office doesn't change one single solitary thing based on how we fans dwell on a draft from 3 1/2 years ago. To think that places

unrealistic value on fans' input. I've seen some of the fans' input, and frankly, I'd be very worried if Sweeney and co. were putting a whole lot of stock in that input.

If fans as a whole do not appreciate mgmt decisions and the team isn't performing the way that respective city wishes..it will start with some "dwelling" then maybe empty seats, media critique etc... And ultimately plug pulling.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Maybe? Don't know a ton about DeBrincat, but it seems that he was a top end talent who was drafted lower because of his size. Anyway, it was just a general principle. I'm sure there are some lesser players like DeBrusk who don't sophomore slump.

You're very right Sir. He was a high end talent..the knock was size however and I might be very wrong. I'll say Jake has more upside.i think Alex has capped out(at a good level)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad