Post-Game Talk: GAME 50 - Winterpeg wins the shootout - Jets 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
something is off with this team, im not all doom and gloom but something seems to be off... debrusk and krejci is getting old. please put him up with bergy and marchy.. please stop playing acciari.. at this point you make a minor deal to get some new blood and then focus on offseason moves. put majority of the young kids back in the ahl. bring in playoff vets for a hoorah last run. justin williams, brian boyle etc... young kids got a good taste but none of them have come up to the big club and been like "im taking over this game" just dont have it yet.. i think they will but i would rather just wait for next year with them.. the b's are pretty much determined to be in the wild card or 3rd spot.. get some gritty wins over the big teams and see how much gas is left in this core's tank..

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Maybe youre referring to me ..never noticed that thread and frankly is quite normal to get in this concersation hot from the topic especially when we see a kid like Connor.

Not referring to anyone in particular. There are a handful of people that like to discuss it.

Ah the ole "waste of time" sidetracker. ...as opposed to what? Like any of these conversations including yours brings about changes to the team??? Spare me man..
News flash.. All of these forum discussions are trivial ...This particular one is one you just do not like or accept.

Not sure why you're getting so defensive just because I feel like talking about the 2015 draft is a waste of time. Like I said, to each their own. If you like dwelling on the 2015 draft because it makes you happy, great more power to you.

Maybe we should report that aforementioned thread as a time waster. So we can better distribute our much precious forum discussion time elsewhere

I mean I guess we could, but the whole reason it was created was for those that wanted to discuss the 2015 draft.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Call me crazy or incompetent, but I look for an upgrade on Cehlarik and that's the only move I make....maybe I give a 4 or 5 for a veteran center that can fill in bottom six, but I'm good with these guys for the most part

First line, best in NHL
Second line, hole on the right side
Third line, looks like it could be a solid 3rd play-off line. Backes looked like the rest knocked off 2 years. He could take important draws..Heinen suits them very well
Fourth line, put Nordstrom in over 55 and you have a line who will win battles.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Call me crazy or incompetent, but I look for an upgrade on Cehlarik and that's the only move I make....maybe I give a 4 or 5 for a veteran center that can fill in bottom six, but I'm good with these guys for the most part

First line, best in NHL
Third line, looks like it could be a solid 3rd play-off line. Backes looked like the rest knocked off 2 years. He could take important draws..Heinen suits them very well
I’d drop Cehlarik to the third. Punt Heinen to the 4th (or sun. Whatever).

Pray to the hockey gods no one on the first line gets hurt and that the new guy on line 2 doesn’t have a name that looks suspiciously like Stempniak.

Reactions: LouJersey

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
How did Frederic look? I caught all the goals and saw the b’s buzzing but was also watching a show with the gf so I wasn’t focused as much as usual. His fight was great but anyone that wants to weigh in on his overall game that would be appreciated!

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like Celery on line 3 but not in the top 6 . The Bruins need to find a winger who can have some chemistry with Krejci . I don’t mind Debrusk - Krejci together but honestly don’t see much chemistry between the two .

Cehlarik has great chemistry with Krejci. He plays the exact right style. I am not convinced he is GOOD enough, though. But maybe if the other winger is someone more complete than DeBrusk?

63/37/88
Cehlarik Krejci ???
DeBrusk Frederic Backes
4th

Guess this assumes Heinen is part of the trade for ???

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Not referring to anyone in particular. There are a handful of people that like to discuss it.

Not sure why you're getting so defensive just because I feel like talking about the 2015 draft is a waste of time. Like I said, to each their own. If you like dwelling on the 2015 draft because it makes you happy, great more power to you.

I mean I guess we could, but the whole reason it was created was for those that wanted to discuss the 2015 draft.

Defensive..you see its a waste of time for you.As i said all of these talks are a "waste of time" i gather but we do it for fun No thread , no opinion here will change the output of the. Bruins However , you dont want to talk about it so you attempt in justifying it by saying " waste of time" ..i like how you slipped in " there is a handful of posters talking about it on another thread"
You say to each their own but do you mean it.
I agree though maybe this conversation has outived its welcome.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal

First line, best in NHL
Your crazy. The hole on the second line is Debrusk, not Cehlarik.

Debrusk needs to be on the 3rd line where he belongs. Kid needs to learn how to use his teammates.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Debrusk needs to be on the 3rd line where he belongs. Kid needs to learn how to use his teammates.

I have felt like JDB isn't the same of late. He has been a black hole with the puck. Before he was out with the injury, he did have some ups and downs but I always felt like something could happen when he got the puck. Now the puck goes to him, never comes out. I know it isn't every time, but there is something missing from his game right now.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Defensive..you see its a waste of time for you.As i said all of these talks are a "waste of time" i gather but we do it for fun No thread , no opinion here will change the output of the. Bruins However , you dont want to talk about it so you attempt in justifying it by saying " waste of time" ..i like how you slipped in " there is a handful of posters talking about it on another thread"
You say to each their own but do you mean it.
I agree though maybe this conversation has outived its welcome.

I actually said, "there are a handful of posters that like to discuss it" and that statement is true. There's a handful of posters that seem to be the same ones that want to talk about it and bring it up lol.

I don't know why you're so fixated on me saying "waste of time" lol. I do think its a waste of time to talk about what could have been vs talking about what you could do now in order to make this team better.

And lastly, I do mean to each their own. I even went ahead and provided a link to thread where you could talk about it with other posters who talk about it. Does it get annoying seeing all the 2015 draft stuff? 100% but again that's because dwelling on the past just isn't my type of thing. I also see it as a giant rabbit hole (as I laid out earlier) with an infinite amount of possibilities. Its not as cut and dry and replace players A, B & C with X, Y & Z with nothing else changing. That's just not how it works lol.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
How many have been consistenly impactful? We are talking about individual players not team D as a whole. None of the players as good as some have been ...none are playing at a star level ..
Btw.. I expect and sincerely hope that Jake keeps up his fire and does even better thats the least we should have gotten from 3 high consecutive picks from a good first rd draft.
Theres not much anyone can say but the feeling remains...the deep depth we would have had ...if DS drafted better in 2015 .

Again why reduce his entire drafting to one round (though its pretty funny that the pick people had the most problem with is now apparently the best part of it). How was his drafting in the second round that year? In the first the following year? He was widely mocked for taking Frederic- how does that pick look now? How was grabbing Studnicka in the second or Lauko in the third? Grabbing Shen in the 8th round?

And you want to talk about depth that was lost in the 2015 draft? Five players from that draft have played for Boston this year. Five. How many teams have dressed 5 players from a single draft?

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How did Frederic look? I caught all the goals and saw the b’s buzzing but was also watching a show with the gf so I wasn’t focused as much as usual. His fight was great but anyone that wants to weigh in on his overall game that would be appreciated!

played well, had one shift where I thought he looked a bit unsure about where he needed to be but did what you could ask, hit a few Jets, created some space for himself out there, had a few shots and of course the scrap. Only played a small amount with many PP`s/PK`s early on but played well. Certainly didn`t look out of place.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Woo there fellow... Is Debrincat
Also a tier over Jake?

Maybe? Don't know a ton about DeBrincat, but it seems that he was a top end talent who was drafted lower because of his size. Anyway, it was just a general principle. I'm sure there are some lesser players like DeBrusk who don't sophomore slump.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
You posted a blog basically about Halak and save % .What else would your purpose be for posting that ?This team.has issues but goaltending is not one of them.
If you think Halak's goaltending, since the beginning of December isn't one of the problems with the team, then I don't know what to tell you. He hasn't been good, and has flat out cost this team a number of points.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014

Agreed, 4 assists for the season says it all. Posters on this forum tend to disregard assist totals, but they shouldn't. I said that Senyshyn's lack of assists in junior didn't bode well and voila, Senyshyn seems destined for a bottom 6 role in the NHL.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Right, only Cehlarik is not new. And has looked good with Krejci since last year. :eyeroll:

he`s played barely over 21 games in the NHL spread over last 3 seasons, the first two call ups it was clear he needed to work on much of his game, first few games prior to the break, looked like a completely different player. I didn`t like his game as much last night as some here did but still like the improvements to his overall game so far

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Never said he was better. Just dont think he fits in with Krejci (while Cehlarik does).
Have the Bruins tried Debrusk with Bergeron and Marchand at any point the last two years ? If last night’s game is any indication Bergeron and Marchand look ready to play with just about anybody. It might be time to permanently place Pasta with Krejci and just experiment who plays with each pair ?

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
What really concerns me though is Rask typically isnt on his game for a good junk of time after return from major time off. For example, I think it was last year where he was putting up Vezina like numbers early. He then take a puck off the collar/neck vs NSH and was never the same the rest of the year.

I really hope he breaks that trend because the teams going to need to him have his A+ game right away
Definitley wasn't last year. He was money for like a three month stretch, (after a rough start) Maybe two years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad