Post-Game Talk: GAME 50 - Winterpeg wins the shootout - Jets 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I took the liberty to visit some mock.drafts of 2015...
Zboril was in the 22 23 24 are and so was Debrusk .
Carlo was actually 24th on one of them
Kyle connor was about 13th ...on all of them
Barzal was as high as 8th and on none as low as zboril or debrusk
Barzal as high as 4th overall.on another mock draft
I sure hope DS is right about Jake.. If Jake somehow flops too(whic i doubt)
Then fire DS ..goodbye

This is false.

2015 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings

Zboril was as high as 14 (McKenzie), and was also ranked at 16, 18, 20 on some other lists. Depending on who you asked, either he or Chabot was the next D after the Big 3 (Hanifin, Provo, Werenski). For a team desperate for a D, Zboril was not a reach.

Just for context, Lawson Crouse was a consensus Top 10, was rated as high as 4th, and was rated above Barzal by a bunch of lists.

How’d that work out?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Sure. Just be aware he might ask for 8-10 million a year. He'll be 21 in April.

Imho if you can't play basic hockey with Brian Little (a career .62 ppg guy) as your centre, you got work to do.

I'm outta here, and you're welcome for my responses. :)

Little is fortunate to be on Laine's team let alone his line

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
well...if true...he was right..:laugh:

IIRC Peyton Manning said basically the same thing in his pre draft interview with the Colts- if you don't pick me I'll make you sorry for the next 15 years.

It isn't like either one said hey I don't want to play for you anyways so I don't understand why management might be irritated at such a response.

Reactions: Budddy

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
IIRC Peyton Manning said basically the same thing in his pre draft interview with the Colts- if you don't pick me I'll make you sorry for the next 15 years.

It isn't like either one said hey I don't want to play for you anyways so I don't understand why management might be irritated at such a response.

Imagine interviewing for a mid level position at your company and you ask the person why they should hire you. They say "Because if you don't I will get hired by your competitor and make you look bad."

One one hand the person is confident in their abilities. On the other hand that comes off as flippin arrogant.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Never understood the mentality of pointing to the 4th line penalty killers when the team's not scoring.

I don't have a problem with the 4th liners themselves, they do their job fine. The issue is they don't provide a lot of offense yet Cassidy plays them too much (seems to be around 15 minutes lately). For a team that has trouble scoring, more ice time should be going to the top 3 lines.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Imagine interviewing for a mid level position at your company and you ask the person why they should hire you. They say "Because if you don't I will get hired by your competitor and make you look bad."

One one hand the person is confident in their abilities. On the other hand that comes off as flippin arrogant.

Oh yes it is arrogant but I think that is to be expected from world class athletes. Or world class anyone.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Oh yes it is arrogant but I think that is to be expected from world class athletes. Or world class anyone.

I disagree, Brady is confident but not arrogant. Payton Manning is all world and as humble as they come. Both tore up the league. You want a good balance of confidence, but not arrogance IMO.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
422f7c2427eaabe7f0f8064778dfb9d0.jpg

Reactions: BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Seguin ..gone for nothing
Add the possibility of Barzal Connor Chabot etc..
Compliment with current guys
Aside from having privilege of watching nice hockey.I'd say we are more of contender and closer to a dynasty
Remember in todays hockey2-3 cups in say 4 years ...is imo a dynasty

"Close to a dynasty" for a team worried about making the playoffs is a bit optimistic, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad